main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The midlands 'orange' uniform

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by veritasuk, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Another item for ze list

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    sorry it came our wrong on your PM. what i actually said was i'd pass his email to you because you deal with the ordering side of things.

The reason for doing things en mass is so we are all the same. otherwise the squadron will look wierd(er than it already is :p )

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    No lil' Dave, the reason you should want to order in large quanities is in hopes of scoring a discount for a bulk order. I have done that in the past. BTW, what is wrong with some veriation on pilot costumes anyway? They didn't all look alike in the movies you know. There is a Rebel Legion standard in place. If Ed comes back to the thread maybe he can post the standards for that costume, if he didn't do it already and I just missed it.

4. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Dave, I don't deal with the ordering side of things... basically for costuming, people work on their own, however if a bunch of you choose to get together (i.e. they don't have to!) to order in bulk for a hopeful discount, then great.

With regards to teh costumes all looking the same... as Wendy said, they didn't even all look the same in the films, so why make everyone an exact clone of the next person.

5. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I've been here all the time :) just looking over my young Pilots.

It's not required for all the pilots to be identical. Evenin in Hawkbat Squsdron, the one I have here in my area, no two pilots have the exact same gear. Everyone did their costumes as a single project, and completed as they could. But when we are all together, not many people can tell that we are wearing differnt variations on the same costume

I was suggesting a group project for several reasion. one was making the distribution of duties easier, the possibility of group discounts, and well, possibly getting done faster.

But this only works if everyone is ready to get the project started. Which it seems everyone's not ready.

If you do follow the patterns in the Echo BAse link, you are above the minimum requirements for the costume.

If anyone wants, I will discuss doing less work, but still gettingv a quality costume out of the project. :)

All you have to do is ask. I am following thei thread just about daily.

6. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    we have a delay on the jump suits we were ordering them em masse. But every ones cash is flowing in different directions at the min. As you know I'm concentrating on my Farscape but I also have a leia dress and a Harry Potter project on the go that are diverting funds at the moment.

7. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    Mertal Bikini Leia V? :)

lol, ok, someone had to ask.

8. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I'll never get why people love that slave costume, I just never liked it myself, but then I were armor. [face_laugh]

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So do I :cool:

Still, gotta love the slave girl outfit =P~

10. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    Its like the bikini in the first james bond.
    could you send me a PM on how to do this cheaper please Ed.

i have two problems atm:- cash and the fact ive gone back to school so have no time.

11. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Verity unlike most of the guys around here I think a Boushh outfit is a great idea. ;)

12. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    yeah. but the voice bit would be hard to do.
    i prefer the white gown at the end of episode 4.

13. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    My Real favorite Leia outfit, is the military uniform she wears during the briefing in ROTJ and what she wore under the poncho on Endor. Don't ask me why but I do.

14. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Young David, can I ask if you're going green or sticking with the orange ?

It's now September and I'm still sorting out the coveralls, I need to talk to some of you guys next weekend about this so have your questions and wise cracks ready.

15. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    who wears green?
    i thought it was either orange or black for x-wing pilots. its the a-wings that have green.
    what are you guys having?

16. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Dave, you said you were going to be Corran Horn. Surely you know that Corran wears a green flight suit, in memory of his time as a Corsec Pilot. The Corsec all wore green flighsuits.

17. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    true but i've never seen him in a green suit. but its a great idea. i think i might actually do that for variety. if that ok with you guys.

18. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    David we would be pleased for you to 'Go your own way' with this one. [face_batting]

19. Reaper63

Nov 17, 2002
    Actually, Black is not an acceptible Color jumpsuit for a formal ranking in the Rebel Legion (it would get an informal/custom ranking) Not that this has stopped some people from doing a black pilot.

Here you have a picture of a Corren Horn - CorSec X-Wing pilot, Formal - EU
    http://www.rebellegion.com/images/cos/1279-A.jpg

And here you have an A-Wing pilot, Formal - Canon
    http://www.rebellegion.com/images/cos/1211-A.jpg

As you can see, both Green Jumpsuits, but everythign else is completely different.

Just a little picture posting for you guys :)

20. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Cheers for that, I'm sure Dave appreciates the info.

For my first ever Girlie costumes I'm doing both dresses from ANH, thought it was about time I did something other than a uniform.

21. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Verity when are you getting to the TK armor!?! I can't be the only chick in armor around here. My Snowtrooper should be ready to take my son out on Halloween. He's going to be Darth Vader! [face_laugh]

22. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Ive got it, but believe it or not this coming weekend Is the only one since August Ive had nothing to do! Not going any where, no major jobs like painting to do so I will get it started this weekend

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Cool!!! :D

This place needs more Imperials. [face_devil]

24. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Orange uniform I suppose you mean x wing pilots but heres a few pictures that may [face_money_eyes]

[image=http://images12.fotki.com/v217/photos/4/42811/2636165/AugSept090-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images14.fotki.com/v224/photos/4/42811/2636165/AugSept089-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images9.fotki.com/v189/photos/4/42811/2636165/AugSept091-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images12.fotki.com/v217/photos/4/42811/2636165/AugSept092-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images12.fotki.com/v215/photos/4/42811/2636165/AugSept095-vi.jpg]

by the way it is not fan made or anything like that it is an actual x wing suit from the films dont hold it against me but I think it is lukes x wing pilot suit will have to find that one out.
    Can post some other images of star wars costumes if you like. :D

25. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    that would be great. and thanks Ed i do appreciate the pic its going to be useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.