main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The midlands 'orange' uniform

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by veritasuk, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Hahahaha you agreed at AT....Do you see?

2. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    oh yeah lmao![face_laugh]

3. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Right you bunch of slack-jawed weeners, I have double checked the quote given to me, if you guys want the Dickies Pyrovatex with the 'Dog Coller' neckline I can get them for £22.50 but they are going to be a special order and it would be a good idea to get them all ordered at the same time, bare in mind that these are top of the line items and I've had to pull some serious strings to get them at this price, all I need is chest and inside leg mesurements in inches. I've been told that they'll take up to a week to arrive so the sooner I order the sooner we get 'em.

Please copy and complete the following -

Name:
    Inside Leg:
    Chest:
    Quantity:

Or for those with the sense they were born with, you can just PM the info, oh and also bare in mind that due to my restricted financial situation ordering 50 pairs is bit out of my league, so if you want two pairs I may need some dosh sooner rather than later.

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    If anyone is getting two pairs of coveralls (one for the base, one for the spares parts) - would anyone mind if I scrounged some of the spare material off you...I'm somewhat skint at the moment, and can't afford the second pair. :_|

It's a bugger...I used to work for a company just like the one we're getting the flightsuits from...If Protec had them in stock, I could have gotten them REALLY, REALLY cheap. :(

5. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I think a cool idea aswell would be to have our usernames on the uniforms....or maybe on our helmets our titles like for me and mark FF-UK sup-AIR-man n stuff would be cool

6. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Don't get too attached to those titles guys. Your time with them is up this weekend I'm afraid :(

What sizes do they go up to on these particular jumpsuits? I ask because I'm a rather "large" gentleman, and as such they might not do my size :D

7. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I know that Phil but still our usernames on the helmets or on our uniforms would look gud so people know what users we are....

8. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Oh, I think usernames is a great idea, Tom :D Just wanted to warn you guys about the impending loss of you titles :(

9. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    *Big intake of breath* NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........
    ............OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*collapses on the floor*=P~

10. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I think the thread needs a trimming. [face_idea]

11. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    yep!
    also everyones writing goes further than my screen can you do something about that please!

12. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok so I have sizes from Mark, Lil Dave and well me, anyone else going to bother or shall i just order one of every size ?

Jairen - They do up to and including 54" chest, the legs might come a bit short but hey your boots will solve that problem.

13. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I can say from personal experience, I think the height of the coveralls will cover you, mostly, but may be 1" or 2" short. I used to work for a company just like the ones selling the orange coveralls, and was asked this sort of question all the time.

If you call the company up and ask them if them if they do them in a 34" leg, as it's not listed on the website, you might get a good response. They will most likely have to look into it with their purchasing department, who will look at the specs the company says they can do.

What the company sells them at is not the same as what they can get them in from the manufacturer. Trust me on this one. Just because it's not on the site, doesn't mean it isn't made. They will have to order them in, and it may take a few more days, possibly weeks, and it may cost a little more - Protec used to charge an extra 20%, I think for the tall sizes, so Dickies may have a similar policy. So I'll just warn you now.

14. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Sorry Martin was supposed to do it today for u old buddy old pal but got so carried away with certain other things which I will not mention then I will have to get them to you by Monday at the latest matey! sorry for the inconvienance!:oops:

15. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    thanks for sorting that out for us!
    we owe you one! or rather we owe you £22.50 plus P&P lol:p

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
  17. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    cool costume! any hints or tips?

18. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    It's pretty easy to make. Follow the instructions posted from our site (echobaserebels) that are posted above and you can't go wrong. ;)

19. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I have to say, Joe, that looks pretty impressive.

How long did it take you to get it all together? Did you find the helmet hard to come by?

20. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks!

The coveralls are orange workman's coveralls by Dickies. I bought two and used one to can the material needed for the pockets. The boots were purchased at Sportsmansguide.com. The gloves are Damascus motor cycle gloves. The helmet & chestbox are kits I got from Richiesarmor.com

The definitive rebel pilot site is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rebel_Starfighter_Command

I hope this helps. :)

21. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

MArtin. just PM'd ya

22. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Wait a second, everyone has gone rebel here!?! Is there no Imperials anywhere!?! :_|

Well since Joe has posted here, he's your best source for any questions I believe. If any of you want to go Imperial, then come talk to me. *Points at title*

Well being a member of the 501st, at least I'll have lots of targets for practice soon enough. [face_devil]

Seriously, if any of you have any sewing questions, I might be able to offer some advice/tips.

23. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Good, you can help me when it comes to putting my armour together ! :D

24. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    What armor are you doing V? I'm trying to make both a Snowtrooper and a Biker Scout in time by Halloween.

25. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    bog standard TK. Karma from Florida has got it for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.