main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The midlands 'orange' uniform

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by veritasuk, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    When your ready to make the TK let me know, I can put you in touch with a few female TK's. TK armor is a whole other creature then the armor I'm working on. I could never wear that much plastic for fear I would just roast to death in it! [face_laugh]

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Look at the bright side...the TK suit is great if you need to shed a few extra pounds; you can just sweat it off in your very own personally contained steam room! :D

...Thinking about it...I could do with one of those! [face_whistling]

3. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    they are also great if you can actually afford em!
    which i have a problem with!

4. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    You can find decent armor at a lower cost, but if you want the best of the best in TK armor, then yeah you'll be paying through the nose. Don't go to ebay for armor either, it's not always the best in detail and they will try to charge you alot for it.

5. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    tell me about it! i hope a guy near me will make some soon!

6. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Do you know how long along this guy is in making armor? Is he casting his own molds?

7. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    well he isnt making them yet i only know that he might take some molds off one at a costuming place and then sell the armour! i hope he does!

8. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    You know you could talk to the local 501s Garrison out there and see who they can recommend in case this fellow doesn't come through for you.

I just love how a thread about Rebel Pilots turned into TK armor talk. =D=

9. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    We kind of have problems with 501st here in the UK, I won't go into detail but communication isn't one of their strongest area's Maleficant. Needless to say we are going to be following their guidlines for costume accuracey.

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well I'm 501st on this side of the pond so if you hit a brick wall when it comes to Imperial costumes and the local garrison isn't helping out, talk to me and I'll see what my own Imperial connections can work up.

Alot of people over here are easily finding TK armor.

11. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i might need help in the future! i am on speeking terms with the head of the UK Garrison via email! and have had info from him before but his contacts havent replied!

12. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
  13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I'm not getting on a plane with you! :p

"Thank you for flying Plummet-Airways. This is your Captain speaking, hic! Our destination today is somewhere with bright flashing lights, and plenty of nudie-bars, cruising at an altitude in the region between 2 inches and 50,000 feet, but hopefully somewhere around the mile-high region...Oooooh, look how high we are! The people look just like ants...oh, wait, hic! They are ants; we aren't off the ground yet! Oh, you know what, **** it, let's break out the duty free! What does this button do? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" :D

14. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    It's official. I hate you! :p

15. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    [karen Walker] Its funny cause its true sweetie [karen Walker]

YEAh I got an email from Karma last night she has my armour and is sending it 5-10 days airmail. I'm sooo excited.

DOnt mention the UKG in my presence, Leon has been a star but.... hmm descresion is the better part of valour.

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Alright V!! Let me know when the armor comes in!!

17. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    V, I may look at getting you some in-roads to the garrison separate to talking to the leaders at the moment.

A guy I work with turns out to be joining up at the moment, and he informs me that there are about 15 in the midlands area. They are getting together for a drink and stuff soon, and I've been invited along. I could let you know about it, perhaps get you invited as well. We need to break down the sexist wall that this group seem to have put up.

Interestingly, there is a new thread on the public access area of the UKG boards that indicates they are about to accept a female TK for trooping duties. Hmmm.

18. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Just me that smells then.

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

That is very interesting and about time as well. :D

20. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    501st Charter

501st Legion Officers
    If anyone feels that are being descriminated against for ANY reason, please, do not hesitate in bringing to the attention of the 501st Command staff.

NO ONE CAN DENY MEMBERSHIP TO THE 501ST BASED ON GENDER. PERIOD!

21. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Joe, do you have yahoo/msn/aim or anything like that, I'd like to have a chat about something.

22. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    PM sent, ya bugger! :p

23. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    The only requirement for membership is "ownership" of a costume celebrating the Imperial characters from the Star Wars films or its expanded universe.

In that case then I could get in with my Isard Costume, like that american bloke said, It doesnt HAVE to be from the films.

24. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Look at the officer's pictures in the member's section. I see a few of those in there. ;)

25. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    How can I put this, i was informed Isard was not acceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.