main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The midlands 'orange' uniform

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by veritasuk, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Some EU characters are accepted and some are not. :(

Right now I'm working on a Darth Nihilus costume from the KOTOR II game and I still am not 100% sure if it will be accepted in the 501st or not and I am already a member!! [face_worried]

When it comes to EU, it's a huge gray area until that costume/character is officially approved by the 501st. Best bet on trying to just become a memeber is to get a costume you saw in the movies, it's a sure fire way of getting in the 501st.

Also V, after you get your TK done, if you have anymore issues with trying to get in the 501st, please send me a pm. We girls need to stick together. :)

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I just saw this in the charter:
    Note: "Expanded Universe" costumes may also be considered for membership. These may include (but are not limited to) Count Dooku, Mara Jade, Clone Emperor, Prince Xizor, Admiral Thrawn, Zam Wessel, Bossk, Greedo, Dengar, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Aurra Sing, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Boussh, IG-88, Klaatu, Weequay, Nickto, Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna, Jawa, Tusken Raider / Sand Person, Garindan. Final determination of costume eligibility is determined by the Legion Membership Officer in conjunction with the Legion Council and Officers.
    Now, this is what I don't get. How can they disclude a character such as Isard - When, quite frankly, Vez, you do look like her, and since she was quite a major character, from what I gather, in the EU. Something's definetly amiss here.

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Isard isn't excluded. Like Joe said, look at the officer section on the main 501st site and you will see at least one on the first page.

It's only the UKG that is EU unfriendly.

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    You think I'm like Isard ?!

:_| I'm so Happy. I love you mark

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok this is how it works in the ole 501st:

Each garrison can make judgement calls on what costumes they can allow in, the only exception to this are Sith Lords which now all go to one person in the legion for approval.

Even if a EU costume is accepted, it may not be considered a "formal" costume, that means for example, when we get the call from LFL to do an event, only certain "formal" costumes can be wore and most EU costumes are not considered "formal".

A couple of years back, before Joe's time :p , we had a legion wide vote on allowing certain EU costumes to become "formal", that means they can be wore to most events. There is a listing of them, like the Clone Emperor.

Still the safest bet is to finish your TK armor V, then the UK Garrison can not turn you down for memebership. If they do, come talk to me.

Like I said EU can be a gray matter.

6. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    [:D] [face_blush]

7. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Mark don't encourage her for Gods sake, she'll be building an SSD under her house next.

8. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    "Verity is out there. She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." [face_love]

Reminds me of my mum. :p

9. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Joe, if Verity was as built as the Terminator, I'd be scared ****less too! :p

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000

What do you mean, if?!?!?!?! I'm scared ****less now! [face_batting] @ Vez

11. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I think I'm slightly bigger build than Arnie . Hes a wuss.

Now any one know where I can get a load of repulsor coils ?

12. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok guys it's make your mind up time, I've spoken to my supplier for the coveralls today and it's not good news, they are now saying that due to some of the sizes the order will take 6-8 WEEKS ! yes that's right 6-8 WEEKS and they want the cash up front before they get them in, before you all get on my back I haven't closed the door totally on this deal but I have told them exactly what I think of their customer care and communication skills.

So the big question, do you want to wait the 6-8 WEEKS or should I tell 'em where to stick it ? I will be looking around for another supplier, I haven't given up just yet.

Repulsor coils Verity, I understand Booster has a large stock of just what you're looking for.

13. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Okay, talking about the personal experience thing again, we had the same policy when I was doing it. You could still do it, I for one don't mind -- It will give me some time to scrounge some money together for the other items -- when it comes in, they will contact you. Most importantly, get the salesmans name, and get an order reference and account number from them, so if anything does go pearshaped, then you can call them, give them the details, and THEN vent.

But that's just me, and to be honest, I don't think it will take that long to get the items...that's just an estimate, and at the price virtually half-whack, I think it's acceptable.

14. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Yeah like I said on the phone to you Martin I think most people are willing to wait around if they are good quality which they are and everyone wants them so why not wait? And as Mark has just said will give us some time to put some money together or the otherpieces of kit.....And Martin by the end of today I promise I will have some measurements for you!!! Promise!

15. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm fine with hanging on, they are pretty decent all in ones.

BUT ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa MY ARMOUR WAS DELIVERED THIS MORNING! And now I'm off to Berkley castle for the weekend so the box remains unopend.....

16. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    so when do u expect to get them now??

17. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    well seeing as martin said 6 to 8 weeks I would say about.....erm [face_thinking] two years from now? Sound about right?!:p

18. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    so while we wait why dont we sort out the next piece of costume?
    shall we do the vest next??

19. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Think we need to wait mate and see what happens first.....hey don't have to be made asap but like me and Martin were saying would be nice if they were ready for the memorabilia in november.....if not think our date needs to be for christmas....

20. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Don't forget to check out the Rebel Pilot's forum on the Rebel Legion's boards. You do not have to be a member to post/read. ;)

http://www.rebellegion.com

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    are we getting the same type of boxes or is it alright for me to go ahead and make one??

22. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Dave I think its best to wait abit mate and wait for us to do them all together......don't want them all looking different do we?!
    We all know you are biting at the bit to get this costume up n running but patience my young friend......

23. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    And lets be honest folks we can't all do it at the same time if certain people still haven't given any measurements for the coverall - CAN WE TOM !

24. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    lol - Busted! :p

25. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    SO BUSTED - the little pixie Drama queen :*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.