main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mighty Chewbacca Is Back ! ! !

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by JediKnight_Jerri, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    I thought all of ya'll would be interested to know the Chewie is back for Epi. 3. That's right everyone. For all of you wookie lovers, we get to see the mighty Chewbacca doing his stuff on the big screen again. I received the scoop straight from the source, but here is the info. that is posted on the starwars.com web site......

Classic Characters Return For Epi.lll.......
    Epi.lll, which is now in the pre-production stage, will connect the SW saga by bridging the prequel trilogy to the original trilogy.

Returning actors from the original trilogy are: Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca the mighty Wookie, Kenny Baker as R2-D2, & Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.

Peter Mayhew says, "I'm delighted to return as Chewbacca. I think his re-appearance in this film is a fitting way to tie the whole saga together, especially for Wookie fans". Given that Chewbacca is a sprightly 200 years old in Epi.lV, he is more than old enough to fit into the prequel timeline.

Anthony Daniels has played C-3PO in all of the SW movies, either inside the golden rod or lending his voice for 3PO. R2 has continued to become more & more automated since the beginning of Epi.lV. However, it has been a SW tradition for Kenny Baker to be included as the heroic R2-D2 at some point during the movie. Director George Lucus has said that having Baker inside the suit has brought "an element of humanity" to the classic character.

There you have it gang. But, definately check out the offical SW website at www.starwars.com for more news & information. MTFBWY!!! :)

OMG! To me, this is absolutely the most wonderful news! I can't wait to see Chewie on the screen again. I repeat, OMG! OMG! OMG!

2. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Way cool! It'll be good to see Peter on the big screen again.

3. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    wookies do it better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.