main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Millennium Falcon

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BadAcrobat, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    When I first went to see Star Wars in 1977 (I was 8 years old) I loved everything about it. It was the first time I ever went to a movie theater (I went with my dad) and it was a life changing event. Going to the movies is my favorite pastime. I like to go with groups of people, on my own, daytime, evening, late night shows, big theaters and small local cinemas. Every time I go to see a movie, I think of my first experience, seeing Star Wars all those years ago.

The best thing about Star Wars for me, was the Millennium Falcon. It was my favorite ship, and all my favorite toys were Millennium Falcon related. When Disney announced the purchase of Lucas Film and the sequel trilogy, only one thought came to my mind, and I yelled it out loud.

"Yesssssssssssssss. we will get to see the Millennium Falcon again"

Now, I knew it would be great and fun to watch, but nothing, I repeat NOTHING prepared me for what we got. Its introduction and first flight escaping from Jakku is already stuff of legend. It is a brilliant sequence.

To me it is the most iconic and the coolest spacecraft in the history of movie making. I love everything about it. The best part, its now piloted by another GREAT character and it will be in the next two episodes at least. Im also hoping that you get to see a young Han win it in that game of Sabacc from Lando, and then watch Han and Chewie make the Kessel Run in 12 (not 14) par-secs. Can't wait.

Gush away people - anyone else have a lump in their throat when Rey fires her up and quite literally bounces her around before taking off?

Loved it, every second of it.

2. GeneticBlueprint

GeneticBlueprint Jedi Knight

Dec 13, 2012
    I always loved the Falcon as well. It was like a glue that held the characters together and a home base for all the adventures. A formula that Star Wars Rebels emulates pretty well with the Ghost. And it appears that it will continue to do the same for Rey and friends. At least I hope it does!

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  3. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    After watching the film for the first time last night, my wife asked me where they came up with that name. Does anyone know? It's a unique (and now iconic) name for a ship, but where did that name come from?

4. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hm, that's actually something I have never seen asked. It seems like one of those questions that would have been asked a lot.
    It's the one Earth bird name that hasn't been disputed, like when Panaka said "ducks."

5. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    GL, got the name from a great Humphrey Bogart movie.

run_luke_run and HellasLEAF-Jedi like this.
  6. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    At my first screening the audience applauded when she first appeared. Hopefully it's now a standing set that will feature in many scenes and films yet to come!

Colm likes this.
  7. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    Having the Falcon back made it truly feel like Star Wars again.

HellasLEAF-Jedi likes this.
  8. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    The first reveal is just fantastic :falcon:=P~

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It sure took a lot of skids and bumps in TFA didn't it? Sturdy stuff that durasteel.

10. WrathofRunia

WrathofRunia Jedi Padawan

Oct 19, 2014
    Glad to have the Falcon back as well. Wouldn't feel the same without it. The Falcon appears to be in good hands now too. :falcon:

11. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, when it first appeared it was soon enough after the "that ship's garbage" comment to be a surprise. It's not going to be the same in Episode VIII, unless Lando comes back.

12. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    My favorite ship as well, followed closely by Slave 1 :)

13. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    Rey and Fin in the Falcon was easily one of the best scenes. A spectacular sequence in a fantastic setting of old OT ships lost in battle.

I particularly loved the take-off. It was just done so realistically.

run_luke_run and DarthKreVass like this.
  14. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015

Yeah that take off was something special, my favorite part of the movie.

15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Rey's vertical maneuver in order to position Finn to take out the last TIE Fighter was pretty nifty.

16. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    The inside of it was so grimy and dirty. Someone needs to get in there with some bleach and a scrub brush.

17. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    My audience applauded when the Millennium Falcon showed up onscreen as well. I always wanted to get the license plate YT-1300 for my car in honor of the Falcon, but my husband thought that was insane.

Ahsoka's Tano and Xinau like this.
  18. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    I loved that they powered up the 'ol gunports for this film. Best part of the ship and before now we've only gotten to see 'em used one time, in ANH.

Both audiences I saw the film with (2x) were pretty low-key, but just about the only reaction was the MF reveal. Peeps LOVED that.

19. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

Sorry, I'm stealing that idea.

20. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Xinau, I just hope you don't live in my state :p

21. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Maybe it got that name when it was a 1000 years old,I know in some countries they called it "the thousand years falcon" ie the equivalent in their language.

22. LukeWhosTalking

LukeWhosTalking Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    There might come a day when a director of a SW film dared to blow up the Falcon. I doubt that day would come though. You could kill off someone but it would take a justification beyond reason and law to destroy this ship for as long as there's SW.

23. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

Well, all I can say is, if you live in FL, you're SOL. I just checked and it's not available :(

24. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Darn, I checked and it looks like it's been taken in NJ as well [face_palm]

25. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    On the plus side, though, there are apparently two Corellian transports already plying the smuggler's routes of Jersey & Florida :p

LadyPadme likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.