main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Milton Keynes FanForce Chapter thread

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Turr_Phennir, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Interesting question - I admit I find them totally fascinating.

2. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Thanks for posting those pics so quick Charis :) They look great and that chap playing the Emperor was scarily like the real thing!

3. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    No probs - had great fun despite the trains trying to ruin the day and I spent far too much :) Might consider Reading if I'm free so keep me posted.

4. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    That was not the Emperor, it was Data from Star Trek wearing a cloak!

I had a great time, though I think that the autograph section could have been organised a bit better!

Reading is great, though it is much smaller. I think that the next one is 15th December, the week before Lord of the R 2.

V.

5. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    I take it you guys got home evenutally??! If it is any consolation we ended up going the wrong way down the M42 and almost got completely lost!

Btw, I have PM'd D_A about creation of our chapter. Just waiting to hear back...

6. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    We got home, though there is a very real possibility of Ewoks/The Sith (they are both the same really) running Virgin Rail.

V.

7. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    LOL @ V

You can't blame Virgin entirely for all the problems, although I know what you mean :)

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hello all.

Comments:

Jamie, loved your cover on the latest Delta Source. Well done.

Mark, great job on Delta Source. It was great reading all the differing comments on the Star Wars experience.

The SW Trivial Pursuits sounds interesting, even though I've missed several years from my knowledge of the SW universe. You still got a place on your team?

Jase

9. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Hello Jase, nice to see you here :) Glad you likes the ish - it was fun putting it all together :)

I think I submitted our team too late to take part in the Trivial Pursuit :( If not and if we can accomodate another member on our team, I'll count you in Jase.

10. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    The PM sent to me went to another RSA. A problem with the link that will hopefully be sorted soon!

I'll get the ball rolling and hopefully your chapter will be with you soon! ;)

Your chapter will be officially "Milton Keynes" but you can give it any name you want and link to your own web site. However, I will check that linking to Deltasource is ok.

You can have your own icon, colour scheme, banner and CR. These things you may want to consider while you wait for the chapter to get set up!

11. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Congratulations :D

12. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    Congrats MK guys but don't get too comfy as the newest offical thread, Plymouth is hot on your tail :D

13. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Thanks for that DA. When I PM'd you I used the link from the web page where it says "Contact the Forum Moderator." There maybe a problem with that link.

Looking forward to getting our new board and seeing all of you post there :)

14. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Where's our board?????

:(

15. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    I asked DA yesterday and he said it would be very soon. Was hoping that meant today ;)

16. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Sorry guys. Been off line for a day.

Who have you elected as your CR?

17. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Um, no one has been elected as yet. I thought we didn't do that until after the board was set up?

I am willing to stand for the post naturally although if anyone else wants to do it, that'd be cool too :) I take it can only be a person who is an active participant in the Milton Keynes thread?

18. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    thank you very much jase,for the kind words...
    thanks to mark for the opportunity to do the cover...actually in time for the deadline,too!
    :)
    you know,if you don't get deltasource yet,you really must...i insist!
    why?
    cos it's damned good.
    but don't take my word for it...

19. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Just popped in on the reccomendation of Turr, great thread and deltasource is great, already in my favourites

20. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    and deltasource is great, already in my favourites

Cheers Russel :)

21. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Ladies & Gentlemen, please make you way to our brand new board here: http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10433

22. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey TP, whatever happened to all that Trivial Pursuit malarky? Did we not get in on time?

23. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    No Sebulba, sadly we did not :( I think it was my fault for not posting our entry earlier. Still if they run it again, we can try and join in, although you'll probably have your own official chapter by then :)

24. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    wha you not going ?

25. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    One of you can tag onto LV's team. I've had to drop out due to work commitments taking me up to the Lake District (Ambleside) over the period of the next TP game - I PMed Rox and he said that it was OK for me to drop out and be replaced considering the reasons for me having to drop out.

PM LV and have a word with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.