main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Mirror of Hatred (Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Anakin / RotS-TESB AU) Revised 3/20/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by It Is Your Destiny, Aug 16, 2014.

1. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Title: The Mirror of Hatred

Author: It Is Your Destiny

Genre: AU

Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker

Timeline: Revenge of the Sith – The Empire Strikes Back

Summary: Yoda believes that only Ahsoka can turn Anakin back to the light. Obi-Wan seeks her out at the asylum upon Shili. Together, they follow Padme to a certain volcanic planet. What happens when Anakin is confronted by both his master and apprentice?

Author's Notes: This is the newest draft of a previously posted story.

Disclaimer: Star Wars is not mine. I’m just playing with the sand.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…
    STAR WARS
    The Mirror of Hatred
    Entry 1 - Harsh Truth
    Shili

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano walked briskly amidst a dimly lit corridor. Side by side, they had been navigating through the asylum tunnels for the last dozen standard minutes. Soon they would reach a hidden landing pad where Obi-Wan's slapdash ship was waiting. Then, the craft would whisk them away towards rampant uncertainty.

Their two pairs of eyes were as sullen as they had ever been, and their hooded cloaks did nothing to stop the waves of sorrow undulating between them. Obi-Wan risked a glance at the young girl only to find her pain penetrating his psyche. Her aching was rivaled solely by Obi-Wan's own inner turmoil.

The conversation that had transpired between the two of them was enough to push anyone over the edge. Both Ahsoka and Obi-Wan had shared disturbing information with one another. It wasn't long after Obi-Wan had arrived that the reunited duo learned harsh truths about Anakin.

Ahsoka had to admit that it was refreshing to see Master Kenobi again. If the circumstances had been different, then she might have even enjoyed his company. The reality surrounding Anakin's turn overshadowed everything. Still, there was a comfort that was palpable between Obi-Wan and Ahsoka; a contentment that was produced by simply being together again.

The dank corridor opened up into a larger tunnel illuminated by torchlight. Ahsoka couldn't bear to stay silent anymore. Even though it had been a year and a half since she'd seen Obi-Wan, the young girl still felt like she could tell the Jedi Master anything. "I'm glad you came for me, Master Kenobi." She looked towards him ever so slightly.

"As am I," Obi-Wan said. "We need you more than you know." The Jedi Master was amazed at how much the young girl had grown over the last eighteen months. She was almost at eye level with him.

"We?" Ahsoka inquired, without looking this time.

"Yes Ahsoka... Master Yoda and I knew that you'd be integral to this plan," Obi-Wan stated as a matter of fact. "We need you," he repeated. "Anakin needs you."

The gleam in Ahsoka's bright blue eyes continued to diminish as she thought about the plight of her master. The more she reflected upon Anakin, the worse it became. "Tell me, Master Kenobi, how are we going to find Anakin?"

"I have to be honest Ahsoka," Obi-Wan explained. "I don't know where he is, but I shall tell you what Master Yoda told me." He wanted to smile as he thought about Yoda's wisdom. However, he just couldn't muster up the strength. "Search your feelings."

"That's all he told you?" Ahsoka questioned.

"Yes," he said plainly. "And that I'd know how to find him." The Force had shown Obi-Wan the way. "As it turns out, Yoda was right. I've taken care of everything. We’ll be led straight to him."

Then, Ahsoka had a revelation. "Padme." She knew the senator all too well at this point. "You're going to follow Padme."

Even though Ahsoka had told Obi-Wan that she knew of Anakin and Padme’s forbidden relationship, the Jedi Master was still surprised at the young girl's resourcefulness. "Your insight serves you well." This would be a delicate situation for Ahsoka, so Obi-Wan continued to speak. "I must warn you Ahsoka. You cannot afford to let your personal feelings get in the way. It could endanger the mission." He paused. "We must persuade Anakin to return to the light."

Ahsoka knew that she couldn't hide much from Obi-Wan. However, she was still stunned that he knew about the feelings she had developed towards Anakin. "Don't worry, Master Kenobi. That was a long time ago." She exhaled. "And it was just a childish crush." She had to admit that back then, when she had first found out about Anakin and Padme, she felt jealousy, an emotion that a Jedi shouldn't know. "Besides, you know he's like a sibling to me."

"Ah yes." Obi-Wan stopped in his tracks for a moment. "He once said to me that I was the closest thing he ever had to a..."

Ahsoka cut him off. She knew what the Jedi Master was going through. "You don't have to say it. I understand Master Kenobi."

Obi-Wan's eyes began to water. "Let's continue Ahsoka. We're almost there."

Seeing Obi-Wan this way generated a pang of guilt within Ahsoka. She removed her hood and looked at the Jedi Master earnestly. "I'm so sorry Master Kenobi." Like Obi-Wan, she also could not avoid tearing up. "I'm so sorry that I left."

Obi-Wan slowly took off his hood as well, and placed a hand upon the young Togruta's shoulder. He gave the girl a warm look of understanding. "You have nothing to be sorry for, my child." The Jedi Master spoke with the utmost of sincerity. "Granted, I don't know the details of your disorder, but I'm glad you were able to come here for the help you needed."

Ahsoka stared at the rocky surface of the tunnel. "If only I had stayed," she said morosely. "I could have done something." Anger began to well up inside the girl. "I knew he was flirting with the dark side!" She looked up at Obi-Wan while regret consumed her soul.

Obi-Wan knew that they couldn't afford to stand around dwelling on the past. He nudged Ahsoka along as delicately as he had broached her mental instability. They began to walk again, a bit more rapidly. As they adorned their hoods once more, Obi-Wan spoke. "The council supported your decision to leave. Besides, they would have decreed that you were unfit for duty had you stayed."

"I know," Ahsoka conceded. Although Obi-Wan was doing his best to relieve the girl, her guilt continued to swell. "But I'm still a Jedi." She began to quietly sob. "I should have been betrayed by the clones like all of the others." The cruel reality of the situation had damaged her spirit beyond repair.

"No, Ahsoka." Obi-Wan stopped again, cupping the girl's chin with his hand. "It is the way of the Force." He was adamant about his proclamation. "You being sent back to Shili was meant to be." The Togruta girl nodded reluctantly. "When Master Yoda ordered me to face Anakin, I was simply going to stow away on Padme's ship. However, I soon realized that it was my destiny to seek you out first." They started walking again. "Only together can we turn Anakin back to the light."

The tunnel finally ended and the pair of Jedi set foot upon a durasteel landing pad. It was twilight on Shili and many stars were already visible above the savannahs. Both Jedi immediately took notice of the pleasant breeze.

"You really believe we can do it?" Ahsoka asked Obi-Wan as she gazed at the twinkling lights of Corvala, Shili’s capital city.

They headed towards Obi-Wan's shoddy vessel and the Jedi Master answered. "Trust in the Force Ahsoka... my instincts tell me that you're the only one that can get through to Anakin."

The roar of a wild beast could be heard from the plains below the landing pad. Ignoring the common sound, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka arrived at their craft. The small commercial freighter was the best Obi-Wan could do to protect his identity as a Jedi. Ahsoka spoke as they climbed the boarding ramp. "Where are we going first, Master Kenobi?"

Obi-Wan had already planted a homing device on the hull of Padme's star skiff. The essential task was accomplished shortly before his trip to Shili. Due to Obi-Wan's impressive skills in reconnaissance, he knew precisely when the senator would leave the Galactic Core to find Anakin. "To Coruscant, Ahsoka," Obi-Wan responded with little emotion. "We have a ship to follow."

Ahsoka swallowed hard while she sat in the copilot's seat. Obi-Wan's response had surprised her. The plan was already in motion, and there was no turning back now. Obi-Wan fired up the realspace engines. They would face Anakin.

~to be continued

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Engaging, well written beginning - it will be interesting to see where this goes!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating start and very plausible. [face_thinking] =D= I will be eagerly awaiting more when it comes. [face_batting]

4. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Good shift into the AU with Obi-Wan refraining from his original plan of hiding on Padme's ship.[face_dancing]

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Looking forward to more, it'll be interesting to see how this scenario turns out.

6. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Thanks JadeLotus. :) I'm revising Entry 2 right now.

Thank you. :) I should be done updating the next entry fairly soon.

I'm glad you like the shift, pronker. :) Rather than stow away, Obi-Wan develops a slightly different plan for finding Anakin.

Hello Falcon. :) Thanks for reading.

7. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    =D= I like this. I want to see what happens already [face_skull]!

8. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Hey there. :) The next installment is here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 2 - Stakeout

Coruscant

Time forged ahead as usual. The upper level of Coruscant's atmosphere was littered with countless spacecraft. It seemed much like any other day on the Core World. One particular vessel, an unnamed commercial freighter, was transporting Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano closer to their destination.

After navigating the appropriate skylanes, Obi-Wan piloted his small ship towards the topmost spire of a glittering skyscraper. There, he descended hundreds of stories. His sights were set upon the shadowy corridors between buildings, where he could remain inconspicuous by avoiding the main routes.

Once he reached the lower level of skyscrapers, Obi-Wan used each corridor to fly deeper into Galactic City, the planet's capital. An orange-yellow sky shone with brilliance, but sunlight quickly vanished as Obi-Wan altered the ship's trajectory in an abrupt fashion.

He dipped the tiny ship below the apex of Coruscant's undercity with a specific endpoint in mind. Artificial lighting and numerous advertisement holograms gave the environment an unnatural feel as Obi-Wan's vessel cruised along.

Darting in and out of several familiar passageways, Obi-Wan made his way through the crowded neighborhood. Then, after one final turn, he ascended a few stories and exited the sublevel. The freighter hovered next to the base of a magnificent edifice.

All of the nearby skyscrapers were partially blocking the sun's natural light. However, intense rays of cerise still trickled through the spaces between buildings. The unique hue told Obi-Wan that dusk was approaching.

Up ahead, the Jedi Master could see his terminus, a public parking platform surrounded by many towering high-rise apartments. The ship would reach the busy dais in a matter of moments. It was time to wake up Ahsoka.

During the hyperspace jump to Coruscant, the young Togruta had strapped herself to the cargo hold side of the ship's main partition. She desperately needed to nap, for the girl's disorder was wreaking havoc upon her sleep cycle.

Sitting on the chilly durasteel floor of the cargo hold, Ahsoka had dozed for a minimal amount of time. True slumber never came. The Togruta began to stir on her own, so Obi-Wan didn't have to alert her to their whereabouts.

As if on cue, Ahsoka entered the cockpit as the craft arrived at the parking platform. "Hello Master Kenobi." With her red-skinned hand against the bulkhead, she continued. "I felt the ship slowing. Is this the place?"

"Yes, Ahsoka." Obi-Wan spoke the words plainly while landing the freighter. "Indeed it is." He cut the realspace engines and the vessel came to a smooth stop. The parking spot they occupied was deliberately chosen by the Jedi Master. "Did you sleep?" he asked.

Ahsoka stared at her feet. "Not well," she admitted honestly.

Sighing his concern, Obi-Wan responded. "That's too bad." He shook his head and exhaled again. "I'm sorry about the accommodations," he offered, wishing they could have traveled in a more luxurious craft.

The girl immediately felt guilty for sharing the truth. "Think nothing of it, master." She hoped Obi-Wan wouldn't blame himself for her lack of sleep. "We can't be discovered, which makes this freighter crucial to the mission."

It had been a long time since Obi-Wan worked with Ahsoka, but he was still impressed with the girl's selflessness.

After studying the parking platform through the ship's transparisteel viewport, Ahsoka sat in the copilot's seat. There were dozens of ships and speeders parked on the commercial dais.

"You know," Obi-Wan began. "I can handle surveillance myself." He was genuinely worried about the girl. "Why don't you try to get some rest again? I'll be able to sense anyone outside the ship."

Ahsoka was touched by the kindness, but refused to let Obi-Wan work alone. "No way, master." She was quite adamant about doing her part. "This is a two person job. You need to focus your concentration on Padme's star skiff. I'll make sure no one approaches us from outside."

Obi-Wan knew the young girl was right. "Very well," he said, "but you're staying right here with me." If anyone recognized her as a Jedi, the results could be disastrous. "You can sense the ship's surroundings through the Force."

Actually, Ahsoka had no intention of vacating the copilot's chair. Only the soothing nature of Obi-Wan's presence could help the girl cope with her inner turmoil right now. "No problem," she replied, as thoughts of Anakin bombarded her psyche.

Obi-Wan grabbed a pair of sophisticated electrobinoculars from the cockpit's storage compartment. He started tinkering with the device.

Ahsoka looked at the buildings through the viewport. She wondered where Obi-Wan would aim those electrobinos. "Master Kenobi… I don't see any landing pads." The red-skinned Togruta was baffled. "Where is Padme's skiff?"

The Jedi Master manned the electrobinoculars with one hand and pointed with the other. "See those two apartments?" He was pointing to the general vicinity of two tall structures.

"I do," Ahsoka said while cocking an eyebrow, "but there's nothing up there. No landing pad." Her curiosity peaked.

Now Obi-Wan held the viewing device tightly with both hands. "Look between the buildings." The electros whirred as he adjusted the focusing knob.

Squinting, Ahsoka looked hard. "There's nothing out there… Wait. You mean that dark spot in the far distance? I can barely see it."

"Precisely." Obi-Wan would have chuckled under different circumstances. Through the electrobinoculars, he had a perfect view of Padme's Coruscanti dwelling, complete with attached landing pad.

"Isn't that the senator's penthouse suite?" Ahsoka asked without expecting an answer. "How… How'd you know about this view? It's like a parsec away!"

Obi-Wan smirked playfully. "Ahsoka, my child. Never underestimate my skills at reconnaissance." He could see Padme's J-type star skiff sitting upon its landing pad. Adjusting a few knobs, Obi-Wan made the image clearer.

Ahsoka thought about the comment, and smirked as well. "I figured Padme's skiff would be somewhere closer. Her veranda's docking area is only big enough for airspeeders. Where is she keeping it?"

Proceeding to keep tabs on the starship yacht, Obi-Wan answered. "Padme still has access to the attached landing pad, courtesy of the Naboo Embassy."

This time squinting even harder, Ahsoka could just make out the ancient skyscraper that housed Padme's suite. "Didn't the Embassy furnish the entire apartment? I'm not surprised they gave her a landing pad too."

Obi-Wan almost turned his head, but he couldn't afford to take his eyes off the skiff. Did he detect a hint of jealousy in Ahsoka's voice? Ultimately, the Jedi Master let it go. He had already warned the girl.

The electrobinos provided a detailed view of the veranda's mouth for Obi-Wan. Surprisingly, there was no sign of Padme yet, and she was due to leave this evening. All Ahsoka could see was the silhouette of Padme's apartment building, surrounded by the smog-shrouded city.

Supposedly, Padme Amidala would depart within the hour, and Obi-Wan's information was rarely inaccurate. He and Ahsoka were a safe distance away from Padme's sleek, chromium starship, and the stakeout was in full swing. Now, they only needed to wait.

-o-o-o-o-o-

An hour quickly went by, and the only significant change was the color of the sky. The deep indigo tint made it clear that dusk had arrived. Ahsoka Tano gazed at the hypnotic skylanes above, while Obi-Wan Kenobi kept watching the senator's starship.

'If only I could drop into a meditative state,' Ahsoka thought to herself. Utilizing the Force, she was fully aware of the freighter's immediate surroundings. Meditation wouldn't disrupt her awareness, but she dismissed the idea. The young girl figured it would be rude to relax while Obi-Wan sat there doing all the principal work. Still, she made a simple attempt to calm herself, but it was to no avail.

Obi-Wan peered over at the girl for a brief moment. He noticed that she was scrutinizing the luminous Coruscanti traffic. To ease some of the discomfort they were both feeling, the Jedi Master decided to break the silence. "You know, my master Qui-Gon used to make me stare at the skylanes in order to achieve meditation." He spoke the words with as much warmth as possible. "Then, I taught the technique to Anakin."

A smile formed across Ahsoka's face. It was her first in days. "Really?" She seemed to be intrigued, for the comment triggered a warm memory. "Anakin used that method with me. He never told me it was yours."

Now it was Obi-Wan's turn to smile. "It's good to know that Anakin felt some of my techniques were worth teaching," he stated in a playful manner. Then, he aimed the electrobinoculars at Padme's veranda. No activity yet.

After another quiet moment, Ahsoka chose to bring up a delicate topic. Though seemingly out of the blue, the subject had actually occupied the girl's consciousness for quite some time. She spoke her mind. "Master Kenobi, I know it's not the Jedi way, but… have you ever known hatred?" She slunk backwards in the copilot's chair, a bit embarrassed about asking the question.

Still spying on the landing pad, Obi-Wan responded to the unexpected inquiry with one of his own. "Why do you ask, Ahsoka?"

Adjusting her head-tails, the female Togruta respired. "Well… it's just that I've been feeling so much anger… towards the clones… towards Palpatine… and even towards Anakin." The troubled girl paused, hoping Obi-Wan wouldn't notice that she was trembling. "I can't even process the atrocities they've committed." An uncharacteristic look of rage flashed across her face. "I think I hate them." She paused again. "All of them."

Obi-Wan could sense a dangerous ferocity in the girl. He didn't quite know how to respond to such a confession. So, trusting in the Force, he allowed instinct to take over. "Have you ever known hatred before?"

Ahsoka contemplated the question for a moment, and shifted in her seat. Considering the honesty they had been offering each other, she decided to give a genuine answer. "Honestly master, when I had feelings for Anakin… I hated the way he and Padme looked at each other."

Obviously, she was reaching out to Obi-Wan. Searching the girl's countenance, the Jedi Master could tell that she had let go of her crush. However, this business about hatred concerned him tremendously. Obi-Wan felt that the problem required him to be just as honest. There was no reason to hold back.

"I hated the way they looked at each other as well." He continued to peer at the skiff through the binos. "I hated the way she would do anything for him," Obi-Wan added with a sigh.

Ahsoka was truly stunned. 'Did Master Kenobi just tell me that he had feelings for the senator?' Before she could answer herself, Obi-Wan proceeded to share his thoughts.

"I also felt intense hatred towards the Sith Lord I faced on Naboo." He could see the demonic Zabrak in his mind's eye. Despite the painful recollection, Obi-Wan still attempted to comfort his friend. "Ahsoka, in all honesty, Jedi are not perfect. It's a fact we know all too well... now." He placed one hand upon his bearded chin as images of Anakin flooded his mentality.

"Thank you for helping me through this, Master Kenobi." Shocked at the sincerity she had been offered, Ahsoka was truly moved. The young Togruta felt great relief knowing that Obi-Wan dealt with emotion too.

His free hand returned to the electrobinos. "You're quite welcome, Ahsoka." The Jedi Master had no reservations about confiding in the girl, but he desperately wanted to change the subject. Dark thoughts of the past seemed to invite more unwanted memories. Continuing to survey the landing pad, Obi-Wan remembered a more recent encounter.

It was just before his trip to Shili. Obi-Wan Kenobi had visited Padme Amidala as a wanted fugitive. He had conversed with the senator in the very apartment he was now monitoring. The Jedi Master couldn't keep the thoughts at bay, and his arrival at Padme's veranda replayed in his head.

When he landed in his speeder, Obi-Wan had no idea how to explain the situation to Padme. Nevertheless, all of the horrendous information he had acquired would have to be shared. She greeted him with open arms, but that couldn't change the truth.

Palpatine was the Sith Lord. Revealing this fact was the easy part. Telling her what Anakin had done was pure anguish. Obi-Wan cringed at the recollection. Astonishment and disbelief had broken the foundation of Padme's soul, obliterating her usual luminosity. She reeled from the unspeakable news.

The fateful meeting had generated much agony. However, Obi-Wan sensed something that day, and it gave him new hope.

Suddenly, the electrobinoculars detected movement. Obi-Wan snapped out of his reverie and returned to the present. He leaned forward, pressing the binos against the transparisteel viewport. "Looks like we finally have some activity."

Ahsoka was concentrating hard on the freighter's immediate surroundings when Obi-Wan's announcement instantly caused her stomach to knot. They were that much closer to following Padme. The intimidating realization sent shivers through Ahsoka's red and white striped lekku. She listened attentively as Obi-Wan described the scene.

"Hmmm… Padme appears to be arguing with Captain Typho on the landing pad. I assume he doesn't want her to leave without protection." Always amazed by the senator's determination, Obi-Wan couldn't believe she was planning to confront Anakin alone. 'She would truly do anything for him,' the Jedi Master mused to himself.

Waiting anxiously for more information, Ahsoka tried to control her shaking hands. Though the girl knew what would happen next, she never wanted to hear Obi-Wan confirm it.

"Okay… there's her protocol droid. He's boarding the ship." Obi-Wan waited for more action, then spoke again. "And there she goes. It's just Padme and Threepio. The Captain has left."

Both of Ahsoka's montrals began to ache. She rubbed them vehemently, questioning her fortitude. 'Am I ready for this?'

The moment had arrived. Padme knew exactly where to find Anakin. Her J-type star skiff's realspace engines ignited and the teardrop-shaped yacht lifted off the pad.

Obi-Wan put the binos away and squeezed Ahsoka's shoulder warmly. "It's time," he declared.

It all happened so fast. Obi-Wan's small freighter ascended hundreds of stories. Ahsoka watched the public parking platform shrink as they left it behind. Keeping their distance, the Jedi were soon trailing Padme's ship.

Once again, Obi-Wan steered his vessel through the traffic of several skylanes. He followed Padme and Threepio into Coruscant's upper atmosphere.

Ahsoka centered herself through the Force. However, this did not quash her doubts about the mission. She had no clue what to expect.

The light from three of Coruscant's four natural moons reflected off of Padme's sleek skiff. A gorgeous, shimmering effect was the result. Below, thousands of vehicles and skyscrapers caused the night to sparkle. Both Jedi took notice, and relished every second of the beauty.

As Ahsoka continued to reach out with the Force, she knew that Obi-Wan would offer his generous support throughout the assignment. The Jedi Master's selfless compassion brought comfort to the girl.

Suddenly, Padme's reflective craft blasted into planetary orbit. Obi-Wan properly adjusted his freighter's controls and broke free of Coruscant's standard gravity as well. Both starships pierced the black canvas that was space.

With the exception of Darth Sidious himself, Padme Amidala was the only one aware of Anakin's galactic position. Soon, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano would possess that knowledge also.

~to be continued

9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Good buildup and I like how the two Jedi work together - sharing confidences will build their working relationship into a friendship.

10. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great talk between Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. So they both have unrequited feelings- interesting.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Warm and candid talk. Very in-character for both. Obi-Wan's honesty and compassion are totally him. [face_love]

12. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Hi there Thuro. :) Glad you liked the initial entry. As for seeing what happens after that, the second installment has been posted. I'm currently revising Entry 3.

The complexity of Obi-Wan and Ahsoka's relationship stems from the void left by Anakin. It can certainly appear as if their rediscovered friendship has intensified out of necessity. However, I tend to believe that a genuine chemistry exists between the duo.

Well, Ahsoka has supposedly let go of her childish crush. As for Obi-Wan, he's usually quite honest, only fibbing when the situation is delicate. So, either he's kept these supposed feelings to himself for the greater good, or he's concocted an appropriate story to help his troubled friend. I'm sure we'll find out. :D

There's so much about Obi-Wan's character that makes him a blast to write. Even when he's only being honest from a certain point of view, his compassion cannot be denied. His selflessness is unparalleled IMO. Also, he's adept at making rational decisions, regardless of the circumstances.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to everyone for the kind responses. Your feedback is truly appreciated. :)

13. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    This seems like an interesting AU! I've always been a fan of Obi-Wan and Ahsoka's relationship - he was almost as much of a Master to her as Anakin was - so it's great to see them working together here.

14. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great fic! Love how you've written this, and the characterisations are spot one.

Please let me know when you update this :)

15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Nice start. I'll be following this one.

16. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    Great story. Can't wait for the update.

17. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Thanks skygawker. :) Obi-Wan and Ahsoka have an intriguing relationship, don’t they? Again, their bond seems to have formed out of necessity, due to the dark side claiming Anakin. However, I believe Ahsoka always turned to Obi-Wan for the maturity and wisdom that Anakin just couldn’t provide.

I agree. Obi-Wan played the role of Ahsoka’s ‘unofficial’ master. His invaluable guidance continues to make a lasting impact upon the girl. I’ve truly enjoyed writing about their partnership.

Thank you so much EGKenobi. :) I always wanted to write a story where Obi-Wan and Ahsoka team up.

No problem. I’ll be sure to send you a PM when I finally update.

Hi JediMaster_Jen. :) I appreciate the reply. Glad you’re on board.

Hello Vader’sGoodHand. :) Thank you. I’ve been dealing with a troublesome cut and paste issue. As soon as I rectify the problem, I’ll post Entry 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there again. :) I just wanted to explain my cut and paste issue. Perhaps someone knows a remedy. [face_praying]

When I cut and paste my installments from Word to the reply box, there are no spaces between my paragraphs. As you know, it’s very time-consuming to space the entire entry again, but that’s what I’ve had to resort to. :mad:

I’m using a PC. I’ve tried Explorer, Chrome and Firefox with no luck. Has anyone had experience with this dilemma? Any help would be appreciated tremendously. Also, if there’s a better place to post this inquiry, please let me know. Thanks. :D

18. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    If there is a way, I haven't figured it out yet - I've been spacing each paragraph individually, too. Let me know if you ever figure it out :)

19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I like the idea of them doing all they could to help the situation and wonder if Obi-Wan was in on Yoda's plan to plop down Ahsoka as Anakin's apprentice to the extent of being actually ready to take on Ahsoka as his Padawan, if Anakin flat out said 'no way' or circumstances changed over on Christophsis ...

20. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Hi skygawker. :) It's a frustrating issue, isn't it?

Someone suggested using LibreOffice instead of Word. I tested it with both Chrome and Firefox. The spaces now show up. Hope that helps. :D

I'll be sure to let you know if I figure out any solution for Word.

I have to believe that Obi-Wan was aware of Yoda's plan all along, pronker. They both assumed that the bold move would make Anakin more responsible. However, they also knew that Anakin couldn't provide all of the guidance Padawan Tano would need. Obi-Wan's wisdom was always a necessity.

21. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    I copy and paste from fanfiction.net, because that's where the most updated versions of my chapters are. Maybe I could copy it over to LibreOffice first...?

Or I could just be lazy and keep doing what I'm doing :p

22. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Hello again. :) Sorry I haven’t been able to update yet. I’ve been adjusting to a chaotic new work schedule.

Also, I still haven’t found a solution to the cut and paste issue. :mad: Oh well. Even though my entries can be lengthy, I’ll have to re-space each paragraph after I transfer the text. As soon as I have that kind of time, I’ll attempt to post Entry 3.

Yeah, when I copy and paste from fanfiction.net, I still have to re-space every paragraph. Hope you have luck with the LibreOffice technique.

23. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Hi there. :) Apologies for bringing this up again, but I'm desperate.

Now that I have more time on my hands, I'd really like to update this story. However, a solution to the cut and paste issue still eludes me. :mad: Re-spacing every paragraph after I transfer is way too time-consuming.

I know there must be an easy combination that works. I simply cannot figure it out. [face_blush]

Here's the situation:
    -The spaces between paragraphs do NOT show up when I paste into this reply box.
    -I've copied from Word, LibreOffice and fanfiction.net with no success. I've used Explorer, Chrome and Firefox with no success.
    -The best result occurred when I chose 'Change Styles' in Word, and selected 'Word 2003' as the 'Style Set'... but then the spaces are too big!

Again, any help would be appreciated tremendously. If there’s a better place to post this puzzler, please let me know. Thanks.

24. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
  25. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    It Is Your Destiny Do you skip a line between paragraphs when typing in MS Word, or do you use the automated "insert space after paragraph" function? The latter won't translate into spaces between paragraphs when copying-pasting to these boards, but fanfiction.net will conveniently eliminate the extra line jumps for you if you do the former.