main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Mirror's Other Side - March 27th- A MESSAGE TO READERS OF THIS FIC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post. I volunteer to nurse him back to health. :D

It's great to hear that this fic is completed and that it's just (okay, not just, but you know what I mean :p) a matter of editing and posting. I'll be interested to see how Qui and Obi deal with things once they're reunited. Always assuming of course, that they are reunited.

Looking forward to more!

Shaindl

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'll help you Shaindl!

3. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Arwyn....please...make Lord Jinn stop torturing my Obi pooh!

4. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Another great post! This is an amazing story. :D

5. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Jeday Let us hope he doesn't! :(

Shaindl Thanks, Shaindl! Ah, that is the question, isn't it? Will both Obi-Wans return to their own universes? We shall see. :D

Will have next post up as soon as I can.

PadawanKitara Actually, someone will be nursing poor Obi-Wan back to health. :)

FAB I wish I could, but Lord Jinn is a bad mutha----Shut your mouth!. Hey, I'm only talking about Jinn. :)

DreamofKenobi Thanks. And I love your name. That would be a lovely dream. Speaking of dreams, did you hear that Ewan had a dream while on his motorbike trip and he dreamed he was a naked Obi-Wan! :D

6. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    The Mirror's Other Side - Part Fifteen

----------------------

"And you want me to catch him, not kill him."

Lord Sidious, as he sat in a shrouded room in an abandoned building in a deserted, industrial section of Coruscant, glared at the image of the white-skinned bounty hunter. He thought he had made it quite clear he wanted the young Jedi captured, not slaughtered.

"Yes," he hissed from under the dark hood of his robe that hid his features from Aurra Sing. "I want him alive!"

Aurra Sing's bizarre features did not change one whit, despite the anger Sidious was directing towards her, but he supposed that a woman who had learned piracy when she was only nine by the buccaneers who had captured and enslaved her and had been trained to kill by those vampiric monsters known as the Anzati would not be easily intimidated. Even by one such as he.

He nodded. She would be perfect for the job of finding the renegade Jedi Padawan. If she could just control her bloodlust long enough and not kill him as Sidious sensed she ached to do. He had considered having Maul search for the Jedi, but Maul was no fool. He would suspect something if Sidious asked him merely to deliver the Jedi. Sidious needed, at least for the time being, to keep Maul in the dark regarding his interest in the young Jedi.

"Alive will cost you extra," Aurra replied, her eyes glittering within the black patches that surrounded them.

Sidious nodded. He had expected as much. "The Jedi's name is Obi-Wan Kenobi. His last known location was Varonat. However, he apparently stowed away on a ship that left planet a week ago. I don't have any information as to which ship that was. If you would prefer to wait until I can obtain---"

Aurra shook her head, the red-brown hair from her topknot swinging across her slender, but muscular shoulders. "I don't need any help. I'll find him."

"See that you do," Sidious snarled, flexing his voice just enough with the Dark Side to remind her that, although she was one of the deadliest bounty hunters in the galaxy, she was no where near to being his match in the dispensation of pain or torment.

Aurra's eyes widened, for she had felt his power even through the transmission of the hologram. Then she nodded. "As you wish."

Aurra had no idea who Sidious was. She thought he was just another client assigned to her by the Bounty Hunter's Guild. But he had not gone through the Guild. He had contacted her directly, making her think his request had come through the proper channels.

"You will receive half your payment up front and half when you have delivered the Jedi to the coordinates I will transmit to you once you have him."

Aurra nodded. Sidious cut the transmission. He leaned back in his chair, his long fingers steepled before him. From the moment he had learned about the incident on Varonat regarding Kenobi, his desire to possess the Padawan had become almost an obsession. Obi-Wan was training under Qui-Gon Jinn, who had trained under Count Dooku, a Jedi Sidious also had an interest in.

It was no secret Dooku was chafing under the leadership of that pack of fools that called themselves the Jedi Council and Sidious, carefully biding his time, as he had done all these years, was waiting for the right opportunity to contact the Count.

As for Obi-Wan, what a lovely, tempting prize he would make. Sidious smiled and if anyone had seen that smile they would have fallen to the floor, gibbering with fear. So young, so fearless, so bright with the Force. If the rumors were true and Obi-Wan had gone dark side, what an apprentice he would make.

Sidious, however, was very much aware of the commandment laid down by Darth Bane centuries ago. There could be only two Sith at one time, a master and an apprentice. Sidious already had an apprentice, Darth Maul, and a promising student he was. But, and Sidious intertwined his fingers, accidents did and could happen.

If Maul were to have such an accident, Sidious would then be free to take on another apprentice. An apprentice that had not been traine

7. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh, that fiend. Obi-Wan should kick his butt too. In fact, if he just happened to run him through with a lightsaber, I wouldn't be saddened at all.

8. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    bye bye poor lil' Maul [face_devil]

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi! I thought he was gonna take an interest in Obi! Well my dear sirrah, you are wrong in the fact of that 'Obi' has always been of the dark *snrk* hehehehe He's gonna get one heckuva surprise if he does get his hands on Obi-Wan hehehehe

Sooo he's already watching Dooku too, eh? *snrk* Thinking of an 'accident' for Maul *snrk* hehehe now that's a good one! ;)

Great job!!! :D :D

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    :eek: The story's back!!!!!

Dunno if you remember me at all but I certainly remember you and this story. :D

*sits down and is here to stay*

Hope you manage to finish it this time Arwyn :)

11. lvk1978

lvk1978 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 27, 2004
    Yowza! He is so heinous, so horribly evil! Well done! [face_laugh]

As for the image of a bare-chested Obi, I just couldn't resist. Any opportunity to get him or Qui partially or, if I'm lucky and don't get into any trouble on the board, totally nude is always a treat, don't you think?

Ohmigawsh, YES ! I support your policy a hunnert percent!

Speaking of dreams, did you hear that Ewan had a dream while on his motorbike trip and he dreamed he was a naked Obi-Wan!

Oh, Ewan buddy, that's so not that big a deal! I do it all the time! ;)

This story is so much fun! I can't wait for the next chappie!

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh dear, Sidious being interested in Obi-Wan is very bad! I liked the Sith's thought on those who were of the light were even worse when embracing the dark... intriguing!

Excellent post Arwyn.

13. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    EEK! Oh dear. But an interesting twist. Oh great, so now Qui-Gon has to deal with a bounty hunter too?! As if crazy mirror Kenobi weren't going to be difficult enough! And he doesn't even know what's happening to his poor real apprentice! Oh the poor dears. You are very mean, aren't you. ;) But what a great story it makes!

14. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    <<No, if Sidious were to make the young Obi-Wan his apprentice, he would have someone at his side who had been nurtured and trained in the Light, possessing all the Light's strengths, but corrupted by the Dark Side.>>

:D

Won't Palpy be surprised when he finds out that the Obi-Wan he finds will, in fact, have been trained since infancy in the Dark, just like Maul....

Great job, Arwyn! :)

Now, what's happening to our light side Obi!!?? :(

15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Next post will be up later. Have to check in with Dark Side Obi for a bit. [face_devil]

ZaraValinor Neither would I. But ole Siddy is a lot of fun to have around. Especially at parties.:D

PadawanKitara Hehe! Though I don't think Maul, to quote Samuel L. Jackson about Windu's demise in ROTS, (and I'm assuming that's not a spoiler since we do know that most of the Jedi kick the proverbial bucket in Ep. III) is planning to go out like some punk! :D

Kynstar Thanks, Kynstar! That is so true about Siddy. He has no clue what's happened. At least not yet. ;)

Spike2002 Hi Spike! Of course I remember you. :) Yep, it's back. And yep, I do intend on finishing it. Hey, the last Star Wars movie is coming up and I gotta hang with my Star Wars pals as we wait for the momentous day. :D

LVK1978 Thanks, LVK! I've never had a nekkid Obi-Wan dream. Day dreams, sure, but not a real dream. *sigh*

Ohmigawsh, YES ! I support your policy a hunnert percent!

Well, let me see what I can do in upcoming posts about expanding that policy. ;) Don't forget, I've got two, count 'em two Qui-Gons and two, yes TWO, Obi-Wans to play around with. And, for any Qui-Gon gals, don't forget Liam Nesson is hosting SNL this weekend.

Healer Leona Thanks, Healer Leona! I do find it interesting the whole concept of good and evil and what happens when a good person goes bad or vice versa. I think that's one of the things I'm trying to explore in this fic.

AthenaLeigh Thanks, AthenaLeigh! I don't mean to be mean, but it is kind of fun. [face_devil]

Astroanna Thanks, AA! I'll be getting back to Light Side Obi in the post after next. Just have to pay a visit to DS Obi. :)

16. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    The Mirror's Other Side - Part Sixteen

-----------

Kenobi grimaced as the wind cut into his face, leaving fine bits of grit along the sensitive inner edges of his eyes. He was making his towards that dung-pit that was supposed to be a tavern. He'd been on Sioban for a week but he still hadn't found Fela. He was certain the Klatooinian had said he was going to hide out on Sioban until things died down, but all the sheep on this blasted planet kept insisting they'd never heard of him.

Kenobi had never been to Sioban so as soon as he landed, after making sure the Gran captain had been fed, then tossed back into the storage cell where Kenobi had been keeping him tied up, he had rented some lodgings. He had taken the money from the Gran's safe on board his ship and purchased some new clothes, getting rid of those sheep's clothes that had been in his room in the infirmary.

As he strode down the dust-coated streets of what passed for a town on Sioban, the inhabitants, if they had deigned to look up from their weary shuffling, would have seen a young man with blue-gray eyes and a handsome, though preoccupied face, moving with cat-like grace, his dark blue boots kicking up gray puffs of dust.

The shop where Kenobi had purchased his new clothes had not stocked the kind of outfits he preferred to wear, but he had found a couple of decent looking shirts and a pair of dragonskin pants. He'd also purchased a dark green robe made out of a material he couldn't identify but it was thick, warm and it had a hood. He still had that strange looking lightsaber he'd found with the sheep's clothes. It somewhat resembled his weapon, but all its jewels were missing. He wondered what Jinn had done with them. Sold them, more than like, though why the Jedi Lord hadn't kept the lightsaber, Kenobi had no clue.

As he made his way past the locals, most of who were as dried-up and used-up as this planet, he wondered again where the flark Fela had gotten himself off to. Sioban was one of those wretched planets just on the Outer Rim that possessed nothing of value, but was a perfect place to hide.

Fela, after staging that raid on the Trade Federation munitions depot on Byrel, had told Kenobi he was going to lay low on Sioban for a while. He had split half the take he'd gotten from the heist with Kenobi, since it was he who had flown Fela past the planet's intricate defense network, something only a Jedi could have accomplished.

That had been a few weeks ago. Since the Trade Federation was still looking for Fela, Kenboi couldn't imagine he would have been fool enough to leave Sioban. Yet there was no sign of him on this dust ball.

He opened the door to the tavern, swirls of dust accompanying him. Inside it was dark, smoky and reeked of the bodies of dozens of different species that apparently found the idea of bathing a blasphemous one. None of the patrons glanced up as he walked in. They were too drunk or too blissed or too bored to care who he was.

Only the barkeep, a Gotal with a persistently bland expression on his flat-nosed face, looked up as Kenobi walked in. The Gotal, whose name was Tolokai, filled a fairly clean mug with a bright green liquid. He pushed the mug towards Kenobi. He grabbed it and downed its contents quickly. The alcohol burned as it went down his throat, but it helped to clear his head. He slammed the mug on the counter and brusquely gestured for more. Tolokai narrowed his red-tinted eyes, but poured more drink into the mug.

As he did so, Kenobi eyed the two cone-shaped horns on Tolokai's head. Gotal had poor eyesight and sense of smell, but the cones on their heads were capable of detecting changes in magnetic fields, infrared emanations, energy waves, neutrino bombardment and any other form of electrical emissions. It was even rumored they could detect the Force.

Because of their ability to sense a person's electromagnetic aura, they could also determine the mood, awareness, health and strength of other beings. A talent, Kenobi supposed as he finished his second drink, that came in hand

17. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I can just see evil Obi-Wan giving that look, half-bashful doe-eyed innocenct, half come hither devil. Any girl would melt under it.

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe who wouldn't fall for that look? hehehe ;)

Great job!! :D

19. lvk1978

lvk1978 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 27, 2004
    The Council of Lords did not take kindly to Jedi who went rouge.

I don't take kindly to fellas who use my blush either. [face_blush] I know it's just a typo, but it was cute nonetheless. :D

Evil!Obi/Practically Perfect Padawan? -- it don't matter. Those eyes, that face, the entire package *heavy, heavy sigh!* I'm surprised women all over the GFFA aren't falling all over themselves...

Keep goin' punkin' -- ya got me goin', but good!

20. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Ach! I meant rogue. Darn spell-checker. Darn me for not catching that. Now, I'm the one blushing. [face_blush] Hehe! Good thing I decided to stop by the forum before heading to bed.

ZaraValinor

half-bashful doe-eyed innocenct, half come hither devil

Oh, I do so love your description! [face_love] Yes, that's the look. Exactly! :)

Kynstar Thanks, Kynstar. Exactly! Who wouldn't? *sigh*

LVK1978 Thanks for the encouragement and thanks for catching that rather embarrasing typo. My eyes tend to glaze over that word.

I don't take kindly to fellas who use my blush either.

LOL! Great line, LVK! Me neither! Especially Jedi Lords. They wear enough jewels and fancy garb. They don't need makeup too. ;)

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    So Kenobi does have secrets kept from Lord Jinn. No wonder he doesn;t trust poor innocent Obi

22. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Kenobi's none too bright, is he? And he's going to get our Obi-Wan killed! Tempted by Lord Windu? Not good. At least he isn't causing too much trouble at the moment.

23. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    PadawanKitara Yes, you're exactly right. That's one thing about these Dark Jedi. They're always trying to one up each other, devious they are. :)

AthenaLeigh No, he's not causing too much trouble. At least not yet. ;)

24. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Mace Windu is going to get a surprise if dark Kenobi contacts him but not as big a shock as Kenobi will get! I get the feeling that he will be more than a match for Aurra Sing.

Poor, poor Obi-Wan. He has to hang on to the image of his ?real? Master to get through this.

25. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Still following. :D I can't wait until you continue this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.