main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The misconceptions you had about Star Wars, when you were a kid.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth_Reign, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erock311

erock311 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2009
    I thought that the writing on the back of the Stormtroopers was actually an on/off switch. Thus I thought Palpatine was stupid for having troops the enemy could turn off.

2. darth_meow1138

darth_meow1138 Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2008
    My sister thought the pit Darth Maul fell in was the same one the Emperor fell in.

3. Pocu

Pocu Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2009
    Well, this is very funny thread :)

I was thinking that Rancor is Jaba's uncle.. My brother told me that. And it explains why Jaba was so angry at Luke ;-)

And, in ESB when Luke entered the Magic tree and fought Darth Vader I thought Luke cut Vader's arm and took it with him. You remember, Yoda told Luke "Only what you take with you." After the real duel with his father he lost his arm. And it has been replaced with the one he took from the Magic Tree with.

4. darth_meow1138

darth_meow1138 Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2008
    My friend's little brother has a lot of misconceptions. If it's not about clones, he won't remember anything, so his knowledge of the OT is...nearly nonexistant. Maybe he knows something about the main characters, but that's it. For example, he thinks 4-LOM is a fly/human hybrid. You can blame that one on the LEGO Star Wars graphics, though. He really doesn't look like a droid in the game.

5. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    When I was young and first saw the OT trilogy, I thought Ben's name was OB-1 Kenobi and that he had been a mechanized being in his past, like the clones that I also assumed were mechanized beings.

6. jedi-spy_master

jedi-spy_master Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2009
    I was about four when I saw PM(I had heard about the other SW movies from my older bro).Here are just a few of the many misconceptions I had:
    *that Darth Maul and Darth Vader were cousins
    *that midichlorians were a kind of coffee you could clean a pool with
    *that Qui-gon was Obie-wans father and Obie-wan was Anicans father
    *that Jar-Jar was actually cool(the toy i had could stick its tong out)
    *that the whole movie was about Qui-gon trying to save Princess Leia from Darth Maul
    *that Darth Vader was Anicans evil twin
    *that Mos Espa was a desert NASCAR circuit
    *that all SW movies were boring (man was i wrong)
    *that all SW characters had funny names

I saw the OT when I was 11. Here are some before and after:

Before
    *DV is a horrible liar(everyone knows Anikan is Luke's dad!) *Indiana Jones was in it *Yoda's Kermit The Frog's great-grand father *Boba Fett was pronounced "buba" *Boba Fett is Han Solo's brother and has a son named Jango Fett *Jango Fett was named after that website where you can listen to free music *A Jedi was some hippie guy with a beard and a pony-tail that ran around in a bath robe saying"Use the Force" *that Chewbaaca was "I-chew-blocks-uh"
    after
    *in the battle of Endor, the Rebels are assisted by native teddy bears *I later discovered these were actually midget Wookies *Obie-wan,in an attempt to be rid of whinny Luke,let's Vader kill him *that Darth Vader was the Emperor's son *that Jabba the Hut was a banana slug and was related to that slug in the asteroid *that Han and Chewbaaca are brothers(Chewie was adopted)

As you can see I had rocky start on this.

After watching one to many a film,when I finally saw ESB I thought DV was freezing Han in Kryptonite.(he's SuperHan![face_laugh])

here are more i just remembered:
    -Darth Vader=dark tater(when i was 3)later it was Dark vater
    -lightsabres=flash-light-swords
    -i use to think Jar-Jar was a cross between a bunny,a frog(the long tong),and a duck
    -i use to think in tPM when Obi-wan says "If they find us,they will crush us,grind us into tiny pieces and blast us into oblivion" that he says "If they find us, they will crush us,
    grind us into pieces and throw us at a bowling-pin."
    -In PM when Qui-gon ask Jar-Jar if he' brainless,insead of "Meesa speaks" I still to this very day hear "Mee expects"(he actually atmited it!)

TLJ Edit: Please don't multiple times in a row

7. drwhogoesthere

drwhogoesthere Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2009
    I must admitt when I first saw the StormTroppers I though that they were Robots. I was 6. I also thought that the actor in c3po (not knowing it was Anthoy Daniels) must have had some translator available to him so he could understand r2d2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.