Arena The MLB Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    K, checked out the fantasy season on the Show. We can do it for sure.
  2. heels1785 SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Yanks look just delightful as they did on Opening Day.
  3. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  4. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I know we're only three days in, but it certainly looks like baseball, collectively, is going to shatter the record for strikeouts, which was just set last year. Which makes it all the more likely we'll have another season of no-hitters, perfect games, and near misses.

Amazing.
  5. heels1785 SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    One of the best things about being an East Coast baseball fan- you can fall asleep listening to Vin Scully and Charlie Steiner.
  6. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    And it's good to see that despite the injuries and roster turnover, the Yankees and Red Sox are in mid-season form, playing excessively long games.

Amazing.
    heels1785 likes this.
  7. heels1785 SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Vernon Wells gets his first homer. Hope I'm proven wrong about him.
  8. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Timmy is looking terrible right now. Back to the bullpen in a month, I predict.
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Buccos got their first win. Wandy looked good on the mound until that last inning. If the Pirates really have a shot at doing anything this year AJ and Wandy need to carry the team on their backs until June when they bring up Gerrit Cole.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
  10. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    I thought honestly the Braves wouldn't win tonight..wow

edit: Halladay threw 95 pitches in 3.1 innings?! Whoa, what happened man?
    Last edited by TheGuardianofArlon, Apr 3, 2013
  11. heels1785 SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Maholm looked really strong tonight.

Braves-Nats is going to be a fantastic battle throughout the season. And don't look now, but the Mets are 2-0..

Edit- Doc cant hit 90 on his FB anymore. He's their #3 at best, on steep decline, I'm afraid.
  12. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    To be fair, they're playing the Padres. I know this can be said about the Mets, but seeing the lineup they're running out there makes you wonder how the Padres are going to score this year.

Amazing.
  13. heels1785 SWC Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Yanks get at least 3 against Padres, I think. Of course that means we get LA and SF too. I wonder how this yearlong interleague deal will go over, and if its here to stay.
  14. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    It's here to stay until they expand again. I don't see them switching from the 15-team leagues and going to unbalanced division again. Given the amount of money expansion brings in, I don't think they'll do it any time soon since baseball is awash in cash. And I've been thinking that Selig is going to let the next commissioner expand, whenever he finally retires. But I think it will be within the next 10 years.

Amazing.
  15. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Sadly, with each league now having 15 teams, we're going to be stuck with at least 1 interleague series per week. Maybe, hopefully in the future they'll leave it at that & scrap the usual May & June slate of interleague games. Though I loathe this change, there will be moments here & there where my hatred will dim (when the Dodgers play in Baltimore later this month, and their trip to Yankee Stadium in the summer).
  16. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Easy solution.
    Expand one team in each league.
    Split each League into two 8 team divisions.
    Division winners get a bye in first round.
    4 highest seeds in each league make wild card round. 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5 in a best of 3 series. No days off.
    Winners advance to NLDS/ALDS best of 5.
    And proceed as is normally.
  17. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I prefer four 4-team divisions and no wild card. Reinforces the importance of winning your division.

Amazing.
  18. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    Sounds like football
    Last edited by TheGuardianofArlon, Apr 3, 2013
  19. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  20. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    The Tribe is now 2-0, despite a blown save last night. The part that gives actual optimism? The pitching looks legit so far. Masterson had a very good game in the opener, and Ubaldo had six strong innings last night. And, he actually threw strikes and managed to get ahead in the count!

Is early in a long, long season. But combining two positive results with our best off-season since Jacobs owned the team ...
  21. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Mets are 2-0 and the offense is clicking. Harvey and Niese had great outings but our bullpen still looks crappy.
  22. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Looking forward to another post All-Star Game collapse from the Metsticles. They love to torture their fans.
  23. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
  24. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  25. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Kemp has gone 0-10 (so has Luis Cruz) to start the season, and the Dodgers lost 2 out of 3 to those despicable Giants, but it's far too early in the season for any sort of judgment as to how this team will do moving forward.