Arena The MLB Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Vernon Wells current leads the NYY in hits, home runs, average, OBP, and RBI.
  2. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    The possible attendance issues the Yankees could have all season long is going to remind me of the 2011 Dodger season.
  3. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    That's a great point. Boston, to some extent, last year too.

I just hope Hal knows what he's doing throwing these seasons away to get under the tax. From what I'm hearing, it will be us two (LAD and NYY) going into all-out spending war after the tax is levied. Can't wait for that day.
  4. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Andy pitching brilliantly tonight.

Bochy new contract, around 5mil/yr, only Scoscia makes more.
  5. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    It's a sizeable crowd at the SkyDome, and the Blue Jays are up 9-6 in the 7th (8 of the 9 runs coming via home run), but the crowd is so, so quiet. You'd think a golf game was being played. :p
  6. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Brewers have started out baaaaaaaad!
  7. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
  8. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    The heart of the Tigers lineup is just killing us today. Prince Fielder, ugh.
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Hopefully the Dodgers continue to play bad. The Pirates need to sneak 2 out of three. Their schedule is so tough.
    PRENNTACULAR and Darth McClain like this.
  10. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Darth Tunes threw 27-faced die for: A Dodgers win over the Pirates Total: 53
  11. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    I'm excited to see what Zack can do with the Dodgers. Always been one of my favorite players, I think he's a fantastic talent.
  12. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    The famous T206 Honus Wagner 1909-11 card just sold for 2.1 million in an auction. Incredible.
    PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  13. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Wow, that card keeps setting records.
  14. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Set the record by $500K. I think with the accessibility of online auctions, and of course as time goes on, its going to grow exponentially.
  15. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...aaron-harang-colorado-rockies-ramon-hernandez

Unless Tim Federowicz gets injured*, I don't see how Hernandez will get any playing time.

As for last night's game, Greinke was superb in his debut (6 1/3, 6 K's, 0 walks & ER), Kemp finally nabbed his first hit of the season (an RBI double), and Andre Ethier joined Kershaw by hitting his first home run (a solo shot) of the season, en route to 3-0 Dodger win.
    :D

*Perhaps that's the whole point of the trade.
  16. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Read this AM that Harang will likely end up in Boston, since John Lackey is *gasp* already injured.
  17. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  18. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Jeter now gone until May. Nunez got his arm busted yesterday, so our shortstop is now Jayson Nix. That means that Youk slides to 3rd to replace Nix, and Lyle Overbay is our starting first baseman. The same Overbay who was released from a minor league contract by the Red Sox in camp this year.

SMH. Highest payroll in baseball. :)
    PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Tribe is now 2-0 against reigning Cy Young winners. 1-3 against the rest of the league ...
  20. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    CC outdueled Verlander and we shut out the best offense in baseball today. I'll take it!
  21. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    39 years since Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's record. Deadspin posted the Vin Scully call, a bit rarer than the often used TV call.

tjace, DarthTunick and Darthkat76 like this.
  22. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Well the Twins are doing fairly well, although it's still the beginning of the season obviously.
  23. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Something interesting I've noticed during tonight's Mets/Phillies game (in Philly):

[IMG].

Perhaps it's happened before, but I've never seen (via CGI) an ad behind home plate for the visiting team at their opponents ballpark. I wonder if this will become a trend.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/dodger-report/post/_/id/4362/kershaw-is-nl-player-of-the-week

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, and despite how the opening series went, a 4-2 home stand is still a good start to the season, especially with how well the Dodgers have been pitching; Good to see the bats come alive yesterday afternoon.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Apr 8, 2013
  24. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Yeah as long as the Dodgers don't have to play the Giants again, they'll have an okay season. :)
  25. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    So this Harvey kid is pretty good.
    Point Given likes this.