main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Kemp has gone 0-10 (so has Luis Cruz) to start the season, and the Dodgers lost 2 out of 3 to those despicable Giants, but it's far too early in the season for any sort of judgment as to how this team will do moving forward.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Vernon Wells current leads the NYY in hits, home runs, average, OBP, and RBI.

3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The possible attendance issues the Yankees could have all season long is going to remind me of the 2011 Dodger season.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That's a great point. Boston, to some extent, last year too.

I just hope Hal knows what he's doing throwing these seasons away to get under the tax. From what I'm hearing, it will be us two (LAD and NYY) going into all-out spending war after the tax is levied. Can't wait for that day.

5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Andy pitching brilliantly tonight.

Bochy new contract, around 5mil/yr, only Scoscia makes more.

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It's a sizeable crowd at the SkyDome, and the Blue Jays are up 9-6 in the 7th (8 of the 9 runs coming via home run), but the crowd is so, so quiet. You'd think a golf game was being played. :p

7. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Brewers have started out baaaaaaaad!

8. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The heart of the Tigers lineup is just killing us today. Prince Fielder, ugh.

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Hopefully the Dodgers continue to play bad. The Pirates need to sneak 2 out of three. Their schedule is so tough.

PRENNTACULAR and Darth McClain like this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm excited to see what Zack can do with the Dodgers. Always been one of my favorite players, I think he's a fantastic talent.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The famous T206 Honus Wagner 1909-11 card just sold for 2.1 million in an auction. Incredible.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Wow, that card keeps setting records.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Set the record by $500K. I think with the accessibility of online auctions, and of course as time goes on, its going to grow exponentially.

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...aaron-harang-colorado-rockies-ramon-hernandez

Unless Tim Federowicz gets injured*, I don't see how Hernandez will get any playing time.

As for last night's game, Greinke was superb in his debut (6 1/3, 6 K's, 0 walks & ER), Kemp finally nabbed his first hit of the season (an RBI double), and Andre Ethier joined Kershaw by hitting his first home run (a solo shot) of the season, en route to 3-0 Dodger win.
    :D

*Perhaps that's the whole point of the trade.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Read this AM that Harang will likely end up in Boston, since John Lackey is *gasp* already injured.

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Jeter now gone until May. Nunez got his arm busted yesterday, so our shortstop is now Jayson Nix. That means that Youk slides to 3rd to replace Nix, and Lyle Overbay is our starting first baseman. The same Overbay who was released from a minor league contract by the Red Sox in camp this year.

SMH. Highest payroll in baseball. :)

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Tribe is now 2-0 against reigning Cy Young winners. 1-3 against the rest of the league ...

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    CC outdueled Verlander and we shut out the best offense in baseball today. I'll take it!

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    39 years since Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's record. Deadspin posted the Vin Scully call, a bit rarer than the often used TV call.

tjace, DarthTunick and Darthkat76 like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well the Twins are doing fairly well, although it's still the beginning of the season obviously.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Something interesting I've noticed during tonight's Mets/Phillies game (in Philly):

[​IMG].

Perhaps it's happened before, but I've never seen (via CGI) an ad behind home plate for the visiting team at their opponents ballpark. I wonder if this will become a trend.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/dodger-report/post/_/id/4362/kershaw-is-nl-player-of-the-week

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, and despite how the opening series went, a 4-2 home stand is still a good start to the season, especially with how well the Dodgers have been pitching; Good to see the bats come alive yesterday afternoon.

25. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah as long as the Dodgers don't have to play the Giants again, they'll have an okay season. :)