main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Holy Anibal Sanchez.

DarthTunick and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  2. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Is it too early to lol @ the Blue Jays yet?

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I thought Josh Johnson would win the Cy Young.

"You can't predict baseball."

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    lol @ the LA teams sucking! Goes to show you can't buy championships hahahaha

[​IMG]

Oh. Right.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/25/chad-billingsley-had-tommy-john-surgery-today/

That would be 4 days ago, but nonetheless still a loss for the Dodgers rotation. A lot of pitchers comeback just fine from Tommy John surgery... hopefully Billinsley follows suit.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...-fife-los-angeles-dodgers-scratched-placed-dl

The person benefiting from that would be one Matt Magill (pitched well in 6 2/3 innings last night, but the Dodgers ended up losing the game).

http://www.truebluela.com/2013/4/27/4276894/mark-ellis-injury-dodgers-no-mri

More injuries! [face_plain] Hopefully a trip to the DL can be avoided for Ellis.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0429-dodgers-notes-20130429,0,3444522.story

Hanley will be back soon (ahhh, some good news on the injury front)!

[​IMG][​IMG]

I (along with a friend & his father) had quite a great time at the ballpark today, my first trip to Dodger Stadium this season. :D Kershaw striking out 12 & Crawford hitting 2 solo home runs (was in line for food during the first one :p ) made for a niiiiiiiiiiice win, and thus the Bums took 2 out of 3 against Milwaukee over this weekend. It seemed a bit fitting that one Ryan Braun (a local guy after all) ended the game with a ground out. As for all those new fangled stadium improvements? The new HD scoreboards are fantastic, the table areas on each level (we sat the loge (2nd deck) section, but these tables are on each level, except for the bleachers) were long over due (instead of having to go straight to my seat with my food, I was able to eat & see the game from the table area. Loved that.), and the bathroom overhauls were another welcomed change. If only the damn alcohol prices were so ridiculous. :p

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Juliet316 likes this.
  8. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Pleased with the Red Sox start so far... but as any Sox fan well knows - it's all about how you finish the season! :p

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Most impressive to me is Colorado's start with potentially the worst rotation in baseball, and the fact that the Twins are keeping their head above water (and they're the reason I say "potentially" in regards to Colorado). Don't know if either club is set to last, but we've seen weirder.

Yeah, and it's nice to see us 1-2 in the AL East with Boston after the preseason, in which everyone told us (and I believed) that we'd be the two clubs at the bottom watching the coronation of the Jays. Which still may happen, but I haven't seen any reason to believe it.

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  11. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    I'd have predicted he'd get hurt. He sort of is now, but he's almost guaranteed to spend time on the DL this year. He's only made more than 30 starts twice in his career. I'm kind of upset I didn't call Troy Tulowitzki's injury, though, he seems to always be hurt.

Amazing.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Johnson is so similar to AJ Burnett in every possibly way, baseball-wise, and I hate AJ Burnett, one of Cash's biggest mistakes, in my book. But I like Josh Johnson, and hope he works out for Toronto- RA Dickey is not a spring chicken, and he's already struggling a bit, and the Reyes injury is hurting them. Maybe that deal with the Marlins wasn't as great as it seemed..I guess Emilio Bonafacio's playing well.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So, its 4:18 EST, and the Angels and Oakland are still playing. Bottom 18th.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Damn.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Brandon Moss hit a walk off 2-run homer to win it for Oakland, mere seconds after the Angels play-by-play announcer had said (I'm paraphrasing a bit) "Coming up in the top of the 20th for the Angels,..." . I love that the game ended like that.

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The Bums may have lost 2 out of 3 to Colorado at Chavez Ravine, but in their lone win, Hanley Ramirez (making his return to the starting lineup) had a solo HR & double, while Ryu notched 12 strikeouts (and continues to pitch really well). On the worrisome trend, however, Crawford didn't play at all during that series (and won't be in the lineup for tonight's game as well) due to tightness in his right hamstring. A bit worrisome.

[​IMG]

First trip on the season to San Francisco begins tonight...

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Could care less about the Phillies, but it is sad to see a pitcher as great as Halladay fall of the face of the earth..against the unquestioned worst team in baseball.

Hopefully he gets back to form, he's had a pattern of 2 bad games, 2 great games, 2 bad games..so we'll see.

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I know they just lost a couple to the Nats but man is it good to see a 17-14 start from the Pirates. They had a hella hard schedule to start the season. Other than Wandy and Burnett the starting pitching has sucked but the bats are pretty lively this year.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Now I'm starting to get a bit worried.

21. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    When I went to the Met/Dodger game two weeks ago the Dodgers started Nick Punto, Skip Schumaker, Jerry Hairston, and Mark Ellis. That's four old middle infielders in one lineup. That's no way to win baseball games.

The Dodgers this year actually remind me a lot of the 2009 Mets. The Dodgers have a ton of superstars, a ton of scrubs, and nothing in between. Going into the 2009 season, the Mets had David Wright, Carlos Beltran, Jose Reyes, Carlos Delgado, and Johan Santana. Every one of them was on the DL at some point, with only David Wright playing roughly a full season. Their replacements included Gary Sheffield, Fernando Tatis, Alex Cora, and Wilson Valdes, with multiple starts going to Pat Misch, Fernando Nieve, and Nelson Figueroa. That's how you lose 92 games and it certainly seems that that is where the Dodgers are heading.

Enjoy the season!

Amazing.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Watching the Twins game right now. Let's get it on!

25. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    heels1785 and DarthTunick like this.