main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The Bums returned here to La La Land yesterday to begin a home stand (against Arizona & San Francisco), looking to bounce back to form, seeking to end their 4 game losing streak... and they did so in quite exciting fashion! Hanley, Ethier, and Adrian Gonzalez (a 2-run shot) all hit home runs, but the star of the night was...

[​IMG].

Not 1, not 2, but 3 solo home runs hit by Uribe! Bizarre, but naturally entertaining. Nolasco's effectiveness (6 2/3, 6 K's, 3 hits, 1 R) helped too, and the Dodgers magic number (obviously you know things are going great when it's magic number time) is now at 8. *knocks on wood* Let the good times roll!
    :D

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What is wrong with him? Is he dieing?

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    As long as he stays out of the sunlight, away from garlic and holy symbols, and maintains a healthy supply of human blood, I think he'll be fine.

DarthTunick and Juliet316 like this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    heels, you look awesome in that skirt.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If only. I'd never leave the mirror.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I was getting ready to say "just in time for Halloween."

There's a joke in there about Sosa and Michael Jackson.

8. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    What a difference from two years ago at this time. Instead of collapsing, the Red Sox are taking the AL East by the throat and strangling the hell out of it. I love it.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't get this Pirates team. They get swept by the Cards then go ahead and sweep the Rangers?

10. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    What the.... ?

Is that... thing.... Sammy Sosa?

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Or a shape shifter that's replaced him and is badly trying to replicate his appearance.

12. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Man, was that series with the Yankees over the weekend satisfying. [face_devil]

EDIT: The Red Sox are the first team to beat the Yankees 13 times in a season since the Baltimore Orioles went 13-5 against them in 1976.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Not a surprise, but tonight's Nationals' game has been cancelled due to the shooting in DC.

14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    It's been a satisfying day to be a Nats fan.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Losers of 4 in row, 8 out of the last 11 games, the Bums broke out of their slump in rather nifty fashion last night in Phoenix: Greinke pitched 6 strong innings (2 ER, 5 K's, 1 walk), Uribe & Gonzalez each hit a 2-run homer, and

[​IMG]

Kemp made his first start since late July, going 4-4 with 3 RBI's. Bums win 9-2. :D Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Thus, their magic number is now at

[​IMG].

Just one more win to clinch! :D

16. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    OK, I thought I was following baseball fairly closely, but, um, when did the Astros move to the American league?

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    This year is their inaugural A.L. season.

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    An iffy series (especially last night), and iffy game today in parts (a 6-run Arizona 3rd inning), but thanks in part to 2 Hanley home runs, and a timely A.J. Ellis homer in the 8th, the Bums won 7-6 today, and thus...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the Dodgers clinch the West! :cool: [face_dancing]Such a turnaround since late June, first playoff appearance since '09. Back to business tomorrow/looking ahead toward the postseason... but...

A bit of drama, though:

[​IMG]

A bunch of the players jumped in that Chase Field pool as a part of their celebration, which ticked off some D'Backs:

http://www.dodgersnation.com/dbacks...pset-with-dodgers-pool-celebration/2013/09/19.

Oh well.
    :p

heels1785 likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Congrats, Tunes. A wild season, but a memorable one.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

DarthTunick likes this.
  20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Dodgers Nation@DodgersNation
    1m
    The Dodgers should do a kiddie pool giveaway next season to troll the DBacks #poolgate

Ultimately this going to amp/build up the D'Back/Dodgers rivalry... and that's a good thing.

So far, at least one member of the D'Backs hasn't taken umbrage with the pool celebration:

Brandon McCarthy ‏@BMcCarthy32 2h
    Celebrating is fun. I don't care how and where you do it. Only thing to care about is what we need to do to celebrate in our pool next year.

And remember, the D'Backs owner did this earlier in the season:

http://deadspin.com/dodgers-fans-at-chase-field-forced-to-change-clothes-or-472797108.

21. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    This pool thing might be the dumbest "controversy" in baseball history. If you don't want them in your pool then win. Or, you know, don't have a pool at a damned stadium.

Amazing.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is really cool. Time-Life has posted a collection of rare photos of Willie Mays.

The one below is my favorite, Deadspin posted it. He was the MVP of the league and renting a tiny Harlem apartment still- fascinating.

[​IMG]

Juliet316, DarthTunick and Yoda_S like this.
  23. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    [​IMG]

Yeah....

Amazing.

24. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Is anyone else enjoying the Billy Hamilton show?

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Not me :p