main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  3. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
  4. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
  5. burrisjedimaster1

Jul 31, 2002
  6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24434932/report-d-backs-bronson-arroyo-agree-to-terms]D'Backs[/url] sign Bronson Arroyo to a 2-year deal

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24435922/reports-dodgers-appear-to-have-a-deal-with-paul-maholm]Bums[/url] sign Paul Maholm to a 1-year deal

N.L. West back of the rotation arms race!

I would have preferred the Bums to have signed Arroyo, who despite being 5 years older than Maholm, had an ERA that was almost a full run lower than Maholm's. Regardless, it's not like he'll be the only 5th starter the Bums will use all year... I foresee starts by Billingsley, Matt Magill, Stephen Fife, Zach Lee (if he gets called up that is), and maybe Josh Beckett.

7. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Watching MLB Network's 2005 retrospective. As an Astros fan it feels like that was a million years ago.

8. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
  9. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I am curious to see if he plays next year, I would assume he will try because he is such a douche. When he sued the union pitchers started saying they would start beaning his ass, I hope that holds true.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Few weeks until spring ball starts, but wanted to see if we could check interest in a JC fantasy baseball league. Last year we had a 4-man league - this year I'd like 8. We can do Yahoo or ESPN, whatever works.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    'sup?

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008

Sure, I'm in.

13. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I'm in too. Bring it on!!! :p

14. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    The Yankees still owe him $80 million or so. At this point you'd think they'd be happy to pay him to stay away, but it's not like there are a ton of third basemen out there. He'll be back.

Amazing.

15. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Always hated A-Rod, always just oozed sleaze. Photoshoots of him making him out with himself, his Oompa Loompa tan, his bush league plays on the field(calling for balls while running the bases, punching balls out of defender gloves). So happy to see him finally pay.

Apparently super impressive you Astros pitcher Jarred Cosart used a gay slur on twitter...... http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastro...tcher-jarred-cosart-uses-gay-slur-on-twitter/ In his defense, he was talking about Justin Beiber, so his heart was in the right place, just needed a better insult. Like ass-hat or something.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    A-Rod may have done Ryan Braun a favor by making Braun look good in comparison to A-Rod's actions in fighting his suspension.

17. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    True. But I'm sure the whole Braun saga still has a few chapters to go before things are settled.

The Brew Crew need his bat in the lineup, plain and simple.

18. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I hate Ryan Braun, but I appreciate that when he was finally busted, he took his punishment and disappeared. I agree with Juliet, Braun will have some heat on him, but A-Rod has completely overshadowed everything else.

Nolan Ryan rejoined the Astros organization today. It could just be a token role, but I don't care, I love me some Ryan Express. :-D

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Roy Oswalt hung up the cleats today.

20. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    With him and Berkman both retiring recently I feel old, I remember both of their debuts. I think Roy was always underrated during his prime, even on his own team when Clemens and Pettitte came to Houston. He got the biggest win in Astros history, beating the Cardinals to go to the World Series, he was unhittable that night.

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    AJ Burnett signing with the Phillies. Still not enough bats, but Hamels/Lee/Burnett isn't a bad lead rotation.

22. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I live and breathe the Yankees, and I wish he'd have retired a year ago. He's our fearless leader, he deserved to go out on top.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Probably the right call for him but I'm still sad to see him go...

25. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    It would be nice if he could have a healthy and productive final season, but it is hard to expect that after the last 2 years.