main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That sounds terribly awful, and that's BEFORE you get to the price

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    What about those churro hot dogs? I think it's in Arizona . . . again.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    So this happened during the opening game of the Freeway Series (Spring Training edition) last night, in Anaheim:

[​IMG].

[face_worried]

He'll be fine, though.[face_relieved]

But of course the most important factoid of the night was that I was able to watch the game on television... how quaint!

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Happy Opening Day everyone! GO CUBS GO!!!

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    here's hoping my favorite Dodger hit's 50 home runs for the Padres and Andrew Friedman gets fired

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Craig Kimbrel to Padres is nearly a done deal.

San Diego could give the Dodgers a real run with these additions.

cubman987 likes this.
  7. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    So I'm just going to treat this entire season as some sort of really long spring training for the Braves.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Glad to see the Braves giving up any pretense of competing this year. Nice that the Mets should, theoretically, have two teams to beat up on 19 times this season.

Amazing.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Because of the Wrigley Field renovations, I so want a home run to be hit tonight, so there can be the hilarity of nobody being able to catch it.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Silver lining of this is that Atlanta did grab the top Padres prospect, Matt Wisler. Should give them a big-time arm for many years in the rotation.

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I keep forgetting that B.J. Upton is now "Melvin Upton, Jr." Of course, if he still can't hit worth a crap, he's pretty much worthless. Especially at Petco.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well that was just about as disappointing an opening day performance as I could have hoped for.....

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Spoken like someone who doesn't have Adam Wainwright on their fantasy team!

cubman987 and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm looking for any & all recommendations for great-to-good quality live sports streaming sites... I'm going to need them quite a lot this season.

Anyway...

(I appreciate Bobby's enthusiasm, but that prediction is off-the-wall nuts)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bring on the 2015 season!
    :D

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You're a Cubs fan. Disappointment is what you do.

cubman987 likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Says the Cleveland fan. :p

Good news on our front, the Indians extended Kluber and Carasco. Given that they already have Brantley, Kipnis, Gomes and others signed long term for relatively cheap they should have a decent core for the next few years.

[​IMG]

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Exactly the point. As a Cleveland fan, I'm an expert on disappointment. Or at least a kindred spirit to Cubs fans.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    The Red Sox and the damn White Sox did it....I'm sure Cleveland isn't too far away. Then I'm sure all the expansion teams from the 60's who've never won a WS will start winning them, with a few wins by the Cardinals scattered in there to really rub it in.

Seriously though, I am very optimistic about the Cubs right now....if they don't do it in the next 5 or 6 years it's probably never going to happen.

19. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Less than an inning into the season and I'm already sick of watching Daniel Murphy.

Amazing.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Of course Kemp hits an RBI-single in his first at-bat against Kershaw/the Bums.

And after a 45+ minute search, I can't find a reliable streaming site for the game. Looks like another radio exclusive experience. ****.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    And a 2-run double for Kemp here in the 5th; clearly he's going to end up hitting .600+ against the Dodgers this season.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  22. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    How do you spend 100 million on a retractable roof and not close it when it rains? Only the Marlins would have a rain delay with a retractable dome.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I went to work at 5 AM this morning, hoping I could get off to watch the first game. Didn't get to, so now I'm watching the replay.

I am so grateful to hear my two friends John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman again, I can barely stand it. There's enough corn in that booth to feed the Chinese army, but I love em.

Darth Tunes and dp4m like this.
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm glad I couldn't watch. Probably would have punched something

25. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Reds in first! For probably the only time this whole year but still!

I hope we hold onto Chapman regardless he's electrifying

Darth Tunes and heels1785 like this.