main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Good stuff from the Red Sox players in the ASG.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    looking forward to the Doc and Darryl 30for30 tonight

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  4. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    that's kind of like an Atari baseball game would have been from 35 years ago where all the players were the same

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Can't wait for baseball to start back up tonight, my family hasn't been around much so at least I can watch the game to keep me busy at night. Excited for the pitchers the Pirates have called up.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    this makes me very happy and I am not surprised I doubt the Yankees will be sellers at the deadline, I predicted that weeks ago!:D
    MLB Rumor Central: Yankees considering extension for Aroldis Chapman?

New York Yankees brass is divided on whether to buy or sell as the Aug. 1 non-waiver trade deadline approaches, a source informed ESPN's Wallace Matthews on Friday.

[​IMG]On one side, the Yankees' baseball operations people, led by GM Brian Cashman, "believe the team should sell off its assets and plan for the future," while the business folk, led by owner Hal Steinbrenner and team president Randy Levine, believe the Yankees are still in contention, per Matthews' source. New York enters Friday with a 44-44 record, 7 1/2 games behind the AL East-leading Baltimore Orioles and six games out of a wild-card spot.

Among the names that the Yankees could trade is closer Aroldis Chapman. And yet, if New York feels it still has a chance at contending, it could look to extend the left-hander, Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports reports, citing sources.

Chapman, 28, is a free agent at the end of the season. According to Rosenthal, the Yankees have "yet to initiate any such discussions" regarding an extension with the hard-throwing southpaw, but they could still lock him up without losing a draft pick if they trade him to another team and he reaches free agency.

Chapman has a 2.49 ERA and 17 saves in 26 games this season and has racked up 38 strikeouts in 25 1/3 innings.

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    that article is wrong, we are 5 and a half out of a wild card spot not 6!

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Dude what did you do when the Yankees were actually good? They are having a lousy season and have almost no shot at making the playoffs but you are constantly excited about them. Was your head constantly exploding in the 90s? I do really appreciate your enthusiasm, though I still think you should want the Yankees to be sellers as I think it is the best route for them to get better for the future.

Chromide likes this.
  9. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    Gonna be something when they trade Miller, Eovaldi, and Beltran over the next two weeks.

Amazing.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I think they hold on to Eovaldi, but I still think Miller and Chapman and Beltran are amazing pick-up pieces for contenders.

11. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    It looks like the Yanks may be trading their players soon to me. Joe Girardi's comments don't sound promising.....

Say bye-bye to Chapman for certain.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Guys... I thought Dallas Braden was the tooliest tool that ever tooled when he was playing... but I kinda like him as an analyst now.

Am I bad and should feel bad?

13. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    You are and you should. He's a tool as an analyst too.

So it kind of bothers me that Daniel Murphy didn't hit like this the last seven years with the Mets. And it kind of bothers me that he's probably the difference in the NL East right now, but really who saw that coming?

But what really bothers me and might very well drive me insane forever is WHY COULDN'T HE HIT LIKE THIS IN THE WORLD SERIES?! WHY DID HE STOP FOR JUST THOSE 5 GAMES?!

Amazing.

DarthTunick likes this.
  14. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Heh. That's always the way it works it seems.

Unrelated: I had absolutely no idea that Ichiro was still playing. Wow.

15. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Yep. Ichiro is still going with the Marlins. :)

And the Giants lost their last few games to the Padres in simply stunning fashion. :oops:

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Figures the Dodgers would lose 2 out of 3 in Arizona during the same weekend in which the Giants were swept by San Diego, because it's not like the division is in play...

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Passan’s Latest: Yanks, Cubs, Hill, Gallo, Ziegler, Shoemaker, Reds

By Steve Adams | July 18, 2016

The latest 10 Degrees column from Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports is rife with trade talks as the non-waiver deadline now sits just two weeks away. Passan begins by dedicating further ink to the oft-discussed Kyle Schwarber, writing that no player in baseball is more appealing to Yankees GM Brian Cashman, but the Cubs remain steadfast in their desire to hold onto him. Passan writes that perhaps if Chicago were willing to part with both Andrew Miller and Aroldis Chapman, the Cubs would waver, but the commonly repeated refrain at this point seems to be that Chicago simply isn’t interested in moving Schwarber.

More highlights from Passan’s column, which is well worth a full look-through…

• The Yankees “are going to trade Chapman” within the next two weeks, Passan definitively notes on more than one occasion. While New York won’t fully tear down the roster, rental players like Chapman and Carlos Beltran figure to draw plenty of attention. Beltran’s poor defense makes him a tough sell to an NL club, but an AL club with a need at DH and some occasional outfield at-bats would significantly boost its lineup by adding Beltran to the mix.
    the Yankees have all the leverage here, Schwarber or how ever you spell his name is a DH Yankees might be able to get him and only give up a starting pitcher!!

18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I am A Diehard Homer! most of my life the Yankees have been great, from 1995 to 2016 they have only missed the playoffs twice and won the series 5 times, I only know winning. in 1994 they were favorites to possibly go to the World Series against the Expos, but the strike shortened year cut that short, I was so angry that year that the MLB season was cut short and we were one of the best teams, what could have been for us and the Expos that year?:mad:Yankees don't rebuild they reload I guaranty we will either stand pat or get pieces to get better it is not the Yankees style to have a fire sale.

cubman987 likes this.
  19. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    thank Matt Kemp's 2 homers for the sweep :D

20. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The Yankees don't have any leverage unless MAYBE they offer up Miller and Chapman to the Cubs (personally I say no to this) because the Cubs don't want to trade Schwarber, they certainly aren't going to trade him for one of the Yankees starting pitchers.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

when we have the three best players in this whole trade deadline thing I think we have the leverage, your team wants our goods you have to pay up with your best prospects;) we don't have to trade them but everyone wants them, I am fine with not trading them and I think the Yankees feel the same way if we don't get wowed. Buster Olney is a big Yankees hater I don't buy a thing he says about my Yankees ever, he gets it wrong constantly!:D

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

One of my favorite parts of that were these insane box scores:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, so many hits (and those errors!), but precious few runs.

Chromide likes this.
  23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    You might be right about Miller and Chapman but your previous post made it sound like the Cubs were desperate to trade Schwarber, which they are absolutely not. The Cubs have quite a few other high end prospects they are more willing to move and the Yankees should be interested in, so they could still go that route to get one of them I think.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Rich Hill's stock might have taken a dip yesterday with his hand injury, but it doesn't look like the A's will lower their asking price in trade talks despite losing out on Anderson Espinoza.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    is Schwarber a good fielder? I was under the impression he was more of a DH and has not much use in the NL and Betances is awesome to we could trade Miller and still have Chapman And Betances, or we could trade Chapman and still have Miller and Betances, or we could trade Betances and still have Miller and Chapman and we could still compete this year!

or we could give the Cubs, Eovaldi and or Pineda and keep the big three;)

the Yankees shouldn't just make a trade to make a trade unless we are getting your best prospects, a couple of number one top of the rotation starters and a big bat I would hang up the phone if I was Cashman. to many times teams take advantage of the Yankees in trades because we are THE YANKEES, and no one gives us a break. time to turn the tables on that one.