main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

If I remember correctly the 2003 test was anonymous and no one got in trouble which was why Papi did not get In Trouble, the other Time I cant remember but A-Rod had a Press Conference and he did not get in Trouble, I believe it was a leaked report in a paper in the off season of 2008? but I don't remember all the details?

300 Players in the anonymous test failed for PED's most of Baseball was on roids back then IMHO It Is unfair to make one player the scapegoat when most of his peers were doing the same. how about all the players who were advocates for playing the game clean but took PED's and never got found out. Through out the 80's, 90's, and 2000's, there had to be thousands of players who cheated but never gout found out. People just don't Like A-Rod as a person nothing to do with cheating.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yes it was leaked and he ended up admitting it, after he had given an interview to Katie Couric a year earlier saying he had never done steroids. but mlb knew about it and given how long testing was in place when it turned out he was involved in biogenesis too that's why they really dropped the hammer on him.

that's not to mention his episodes like yelling 'HA!" to distract a fielder, knocking a ball out of a fielders glove, being photographed with women who weren't his wife, choking in the playoffs year after year. My favorite Afraud story was a big game in boston where he got a hit. He comes into the dugout all excited. I got a hit ! Jason Giambi looks at him and says "You got a single with no one on base".

not to mention going to texas for the money in the prime of his career instead of looking to win

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Let's all remember that David Ortiz failed that same test in 2003. No one ever brings it up because he's, y'know, Big Papi. But he's gotten irate about it, promised to explain, and never did.

So, if there's going to be universal outrage -- have it actually be universal.

4. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    no argument from me on that.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    He is 2-0 so far. Last night he had issues with fly ball outs that could have bit him in the ass if it wasn't for a really nice catch by Cutch. Overall thru two starts about what you can expect from him.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

7. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    this is the time Vin would be telling us how's he's reading Lasorda's lips.
    btw Lasorda fell the other day in atlantic city. he'll be 89 next month. wouldn't have thought when he retired he'd still be here 20 years later, and he probably didn't either

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Speaking about Scully reading lips...

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  9. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    it's nice to see challenge's so the 4 blind mice can be overturned.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    again it is his character people take issue with not the cheating. ;)

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

The cover - up and the lies are often worse than the original offense. Didn't help that he sued MLB and the Yankees to try and get out of his supension.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Is anyone watching the Yankees Tonight, Chad Green has a shut out through 7, Chad Green is the Pitcher we got in the Justin Wilson Trade with Detroit the Yankees also got Luis Cesa in the Trade! so far we are winning 1-0 on an RBI double by Aaron Judge!

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Hopefully the Pirates complete the sweep today and put your boys up just a little bit more. Missing Cueto and Bumgartner was huge for the Pirates. It finally looks like Cutch is working things out. I wouldn't be shocked at the end of the year he says he was hurt thru most of the season.

15. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    When did B.J. Upton get traded to the Jays? I'm surprised that contract has been able to be traded twice already. Unless both the Braves and Padres ate part of his salary to move him.
    Falls under the "don't pay attention to that team and player randomly shows up in another team's lineup" category.

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

They did!

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm watching the replay right now. I didn't get to watch it today. I'm building a set of First Order Snow Trooper armor and on the last coat of paint I had orange peel effect happening so I spent the afternoon sanding it all down again :(

18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Brewers got first come from behind win in the 9th in like forever today, and I was there. I know, crazy.

19. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    [face_hypnotized] Baseball. [face_hypnotized]

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  21. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Eh, the Dodgers have beaten my Giants twice now in a crucial series. You have nothing to complain of at the moment. :p

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    The Pirates have been running in place for what seems weeks. Win 3 of 4, lose 3 of 4. Pretty frustrating that the pitching is doing so well and the hitting is in and out.

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Yeah, but no thanks to Reddick.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17392819/los-angeles-dodgers-send-carlos-ruiz-philadelphia-phillies-aj-ellis]Dodgers[/url] trade A.J. Ellis to Philly for Carlos Ruiz

An unnecessary move; given how close Kershaw & Ellis are, why risk pissing off Kershaw?

24. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    wow....

my brother was telling me hopefully the dodgers can keep the giants from winning the division, I said yeah but there's the wild card, plus the no good cards. we'll have to pray for the pirates and marlins.

then the marlins can beat the dodgers and the fans can 'blame mattingly ' again [face_laugh]

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]\

It's worth noting that the Giants haven't no-hit the Dodgers since the 1910's.

JEDI-RISING likes this.