main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Cleveland to host 2019 All Star Game

This means that after this season (Miami), and the next (D.C.), aside from Tampa Bay, the stadium/city with the longest drought in hosting an All Star Game would be...

[​IMG].

:p

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Clearly, we need to plan ArenaCon around the 2019 MLB All-Star Game

xblackout and DarthTunick like this.
  3. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Hey there! It's good to see another Nats fan here. I hope so too. Dusty has really changed this team. I've had so much trouble keeping up with the bullpen recently. I'm really going to miss Ramos, but it'll be good to have Turner starting from beginning of the season.

The only reason I liked this is because of your Raddus avatar. We're clearly indifferent about each other's teams. 8-}

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Love the Chris Carter signing he does not impede the kids we still have Judge in right field, and either Tyler Austin or Greg Bird at first. Austin can play the outfield as well which I think gives him the edge! I think Carter plays mostly DH and Holliday also DH's and also plays first and outfield. I think one thing is we don't know if the kids will work out and if they do they will get there chance next year, The Holliday and Carter deals are only 1 year and Injury is always a factor. bottom line the Yankees didn't break the bank here with a 3 million deal this is a depth move that greatly improves our offense! as for his strikeouts he is a big time HR Hitter, led the NL in HR.s with 41 HR's HR hitters strike out a ton even Mickey Mantle struck out a lot.,

the kids will still get a chance this is just a depth move. I don't think the Yankees are done, I think we still get a Pitcher, maybe Jason Hammel and I think Gardner or Ellsbury could get traded still and that would open the door for Clint Frasier!

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Sounds like everyone's favorite owner to hate, Jeffrey Loria, has gotten an offer to sell the Marlins. If this were to happen, I wonder how that would impact Miami's Latino population/fanbase that feels very critical of Loria.

7. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Loria selling the Marlins is almost definitely a good thing, but the $1.5 billion profit he's turning on them is all sorts of absurd, given what he's repeatedly done to that franchise.

In other horrific news, MLB is going to test a new rule for extra innings at Rookie Ball, starting each inning with a runner on second. The outrage over this already seems to imply it will never advance, but it's kind of scary it got any farther than the "there are no bad ideas" brainstorming stage.

Amazing.

TX-20 and DarthTunick like this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Is that the reason LeBatard was dressed as Gumby on his radio show today?

9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It doesn't seem fair after all the tax payer dollars used to build that stadium for Loria.

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Whoever designed this hat for Seattle needs a raise:

[​IMG]

That thing is beautiful.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The brim irritates me in a weird way I can't articulate. But that logo is fantastic.

TX-20 likes this.
  13. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    That logo was on the Mariners caps when they 1st came into the league.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Better?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Very much so

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The madness of the Dodgers TV impasse lingers on...

1) If nothing happens until near Opening Week, I'll finally make that switch to get Spectrum, though that'll be annoying (installation, etc, and the fact that I rather enjoy my current carrier, AT&T U-verse)... shouldn't have to come to that, for I'm sure that's the cynical reasoning with the power-to-be involved here ("Well, if they want the channel, then they can switch!").

2) That possible AT&T purchase of Spectrum (Time Warner) could mean I wouldn't have to switch, but that's what I'm paranoid about: I go through the hassle of switching carriers, having all the new stuff set up, getting used to Spectrum, and then in a matter of days, a deal is reached, thus making my switch moot. :p

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I sent a Tweet out to Heidi Watney and she liked my tweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    heels1785 likes this.
  19. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Baseball starts TOMORROW, kinda. Grand Canyon University at D-backs exhibition game.

20. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Apparently MLB approved automatic intentional walks. So society is doomed.

Amazing.

TX-20 likes this.
  21. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    That's good. It was a waste of time to throw those four pitches.

22. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

I disagree. I want to see the possibility of the "Bad News Bears" ending to occur or if not the possibility of a wild pitch, which happens from time to time. You are not saving much time anyway and those four "soft toss" pitches are not adding wear and tear to a pitchers arm.

TX-20 likes this.
  23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah I don't like it either, to go along with what Bazinga'd said I'll add that often times an intentional walk can get a pitcher out of his groove and effect his command. It's a strategic part of the game that doesn't take nearly as much time as the pitchers and batters who have routines between each pitch.

TX-20 and Bazinga'd like this.
  24. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I can see that part of the argument but these rules have been focused on speeding up the game lately......

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, since it's very rare for a wild pitch or a pitcher losing his grove as a result of a intentional walk, I'm fine with the auto walk. I would think most people tune out during an intentional walk, and this rule gives an advantage to the pitcher. For years, the game has been in favor of hitters with smaller foul bay territory and ball parks.