main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  3. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I'm trying to decide when should I believe this Brewers thing is real.

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    They don't have to be for real if the rest of the division keeps playing like they are

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Obviously I don't object to Justin Turner making the All Star Game, but the whole hoopla over his vote-in is annoying, a prime example of why I hate & loathe the voting process, and thus don't participate in it: 20.8 million votes for Turner. Not really 20+ million of course, because you're allowed to vote 35-times! I mean, they'd never go to a single-vote for these things, for then the All-Star vote numbers would be much lower than they usual are, and you can't have that of course. In better things...

[​IMG]

Thanks in large part to wildly ineffective Rodney, 4-runs were scored in the 9th for the comeback, completing the sweep. This team is so, so much fun. :D

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm going to miss Sonny Gray when the A's trade him away, but that's par for the course. Hopefully, whatever prospects and the infamous "player to be named later" the A's get in return for Gray will pan out.

The A's bats has been pretty good lately.

7. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Brewers up 5.5 Take 2 out of 3 vs Yankees. Good stuff.

8. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    We're 13 minutes in and the Derby still hasn't started. ESPN is awful at everything.

Amazing.

TX-20 and JEDI-RISING like this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I Looked up at the gym and saw Pitbull, I think, on the screen. And I could only think WTF where W is for both why and what.

10. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    The pre-derby musical act has been a thing for a few years. Thankfully they relegated it to the pre-game this year.

Also, since I complained about ESPN in my last post, the limited commercials during the first 45 minutes was kind of awesome.

Amazing.

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Wow Judge just put on a show....and his roof shots didn't even count.

Chromide, TX-20 and dp4m like this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That was absolutely insane...

TX-20 likes this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Call me crazy, but I miss the old 10-out rule; can't stand the time limit for the Derby now.

14. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    How long did Josh Hamilton's first round from Old Yankee Stadium last again? That was a classic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

15. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I like this format much better. Only change I'd like to see is letting them pitch again before the ball lands.

16. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    He hit 28 with the old 10 outs format.

Amazing.

17. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    There is almost no way that anyone can match Hamilton's 28 round due to the 4 minute rule with the extra 30 seconds for two homers over 440 feet.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    my name is

judge

dp4m likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Chew on this: Judge and Bellinger are combining to make less than Bobby Bonilla this season.

Chromide, TX-20, JEDI-RISING and 3 others like this.
  20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Rick DiPietro, too!

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Even with the now weekly deluge of interleague play, I'm rather giddy about tonight's All Star Game; haven't been this excited for one in years. Why? No more "This Time It Counts!" nonsense. Amazing what a simple, sensible change can do.

22. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    kind of amazing it's actually being pushed by baseball experts that 'there's never been a guy Judge's size in baseball before."

er....Frank Howard...to name at least one. i look at judge's weight and it's claimed 282 and Howard 255 but you look at pictures and Howard clearly looked like the bigger, thicker man.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i guess they could do that if they took all those kids out of the outfield. i'm just imagining them all staring up in the sky, trying to get under a pop up, then suddenly getting pelted by a line drive.

judge was amazing. i wanted him to keep going in his final round.

24. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh yeah I kind of think that might need to go away anyways as hard as those balls are being hit, saw a girl take a bounce off her colar bone last night that had to hurt like hell.

25. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    The NBA severely needs to tie HCA in the Finals to their ASG. Have you seen the complete lack of respect THOSE players have on the defensive end of the floor? That's a complete lack of respect to the integrity of the game, and making count should be a surefire way to restore that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk