main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Hopefully Smoltz will be up to providing that adversity tomorrow... but the Mets do have Glavine on the mound, so we'll see. Good matchup, though, Smoltz and Glavine.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    How the heck do you call a game when it's a possible one-pitch from being official?

If conditions are that bad, you shouldn't start an at-bat, at least in my opinion. Games should not be called mid at-bat.

The Indians got jobbed out of a win yesterday. And after they missed the playoffs by a single game two years ago, you can see why a single win being taken from the Tribe upsets me as a fan.

Complete bush league by Mike Hargrove. Way to manipulate the rules and avoid a loss.

3. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    You better hope the Braves catch the ball today, because the Mets have proven thus far if you give them extra outs, they will burn you almost every time. I wonder if the start time is late enough to have Lo Duca start, although it may early in the season anyway to have him play a day game after a night game. BTW, the 3:30 start time is moronic, as the shadows will play a huge part of the game. It's not as if this is a national broadcast. What's wrong with 1:25 from last year?

4. PerfectCell

PerfectCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Grand Jury proceedings as well as testimony from current/former MLB players, his personal trainer, his steroid supplier, and other steroid users from other sports, as well as testimony from Bonds himself that he administered a steroid cream to his body isn't enough factual evidnce for you?

5. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    No. [face_plain]

EDIT: You misunderstood my post.

6. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I think it is safe to say Aaron Heilman is a serviceable reliever, but is really not part of the elite set up class, even though he heats up in August. The Mets were downright Yankee-like in stranding runners. You can't win every game via blowout, and Carlose Delgado better get his bat out of his ass and start hitting. Jose Reyes can't d everything.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
  8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    And the Indians get hosed again ...

Indians Home Opener to happen in Milwaukee

So, the Indians are down to a maximum of 78 home game, assuming all four games with the Mariners get made up.

Tell me ... why did they schedule the Indians ONLY home series against Seattle and Anaheim for April?

9. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    lol @ Jimmy Rollins

10. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jan 29, 2006
    Ugh, and the Giants out-hit the Padres, though lose by one run. They're lacking clutch-hitting, they've been playing good baseball, though they can't score any runs. Feliz really needs to go, 0-4, with the game-ending strike-out today. He's like 4 for 30 for the season.

11. emerica9283

emerica9283 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2007
    lets go angels! hope they whoop some indian butt!

12. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I completely agree. I think the Astros need to send Lidge to AAA ball.

Danpa (Astros fan, but not a Lidge fan):D

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000

I completely agree. I think the Astros need to send Lidge to AAA ball.

I think that might be a bit much. If he continues to really struggle in middle relief, then it might become an option, but not yet. But I think he'll bounce back and even become a dominant closer again.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Count me in the camp that thinks a change of scenery is the best idea for Brad Lidge. I think a trade is the best thing for both organizations. The Astros won't get equal value for him, since there's no evidence he'll recover if moved, but there will be plenty of suitors willing to give up something for him. I think he'd look pretty good closing out games for the Indians.

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, a trade would probably be a much better option than sending him to AAA, at least right now.

16. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Rogue...Jedi,
    You might be right about Lidge, but to me it's time for the Astros to just let him go (IMO), there were trade rumors last year but nothing came out about it. Lidge just hasn't been the same since the '04 play-offs when Puhols knocked that home run off of him.

17. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Kruk made a good point (!) about ARod in saying that its pretty clear that he's made a decision about opting out of his contract. He's gonna get 6 years/$150 million at this rate so far.

18. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    How much is left on A-Rod's current contract, if he were to not opt out?

19. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I think 3 years/$80 million, but I could be a bit off on the money.

20. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jan 29, 2006
    And the Giants are winning in the fourth (5-0), runners on first and third with one out. Aurillia's hitting well, Molina's been coming through, Durham's still on fire, and Bonds had a nice hit to put him on first. I've been waiting to see a game like this, instead of tallying hits without scoring and leaving men on base, our offense has sparked and we're scoring a whole lot of runs. Feliz is out of the lineup, so we subtracted a large hole in our lineup, and I'm thinking that's a major contributor. Our bottom three have been terrible, with Feliz, Winn, and the pitcher, that's three outs right there, the bottom of the order just hasn't been coming through. Our offense is good, in my opinion, we just have three big holes at the end of the lineup.

Make that 6-0 Giants.

On a side note, I doubt anyone could have guessed that 7 games into the season, Morris would be our only pitcher with a win, and now today possibly another.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= to Brewers fan.

22. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jan 29, 2006
    736 for Bonds, a two-run bullet to right field. 7-2 Giants.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Clemens to the Yanks

Reaction 1: They really, really need another pitcher, so they really, really had to get this guy

Reaction 2: Clemens is now doubly hated in Boston.

Reaction 3: Is this really enough to help the aging Yankees?

24. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Reaction 4, I could care less the Brewers are winning. Granted it's early but trust me we're starving for this.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm not surprised, the Yanks needed pitching so badly.. but another reaction:

Reaction 5: Does this mean Clemens just signed his injury papers?