main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    So disappointing. First the Twins. Then the Tribe.

I hate the Yankees.

Chromide and PCCViking like this.
  2. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I don't think anyone seriously predicted the Bronx Bombers to even be where they are today when the season started.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TX-20 and appleseed like this.
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Inty/blackout, if anyone gives **** for this just ask how the Knicks are doing

xblackout and Juliet316 like this.
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Cleveland should be right back there next season, hopefully.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Why would I give **** about it? It was more devastating to me than any Mets loss this season.

dp4m likes this.
  6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    NOT YOU PG

OR YOU PAUL GEORGE

DarthTunick , Point Given and dp4m like this.
  7. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    No Liza after this one!

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It was a choke. Pure and simple. Up 2-0, and you get a dominant performance from Cookie, and can't even score one ****ing run. Then the defense - best in baseball LOL - craps the bed. And then ... Cleveland deserved better, Jose Ramirez.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Active umpire? Joe West may say, "Hold my beer."

All time? Bob Davidson would say, "Hold my beer."

:p

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    While I am happy for the win, I'm sad for Cleveland fans, who deserved better.

Going through what still feels like the worst choke in postseason history in '04 lends a lot of perspective after the initial rush of joy. Which I missed, because I fell asleep.

I think we match up better with Houston than we did with Cleveland. So who knows what happens from here. Great work from King Dedede.

Juliet316 and yankee8255 like this.
  11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    DarthIntegral

Both the Cubs and Indians look like tired baseball teams to me. Playing to November and then having to get back at ST by mid-February is absolutely redonkulous. They almost make it so teams cannot repeat which is what they want. Pure parity even though ironically dynasties do better in the ratings game. Frankly I am shocked both made it back to the postseason, you rarely see that in today's game.

The umpiring throughout the playoffs is just brutal for everyone. I haven't seen one game that has been umpired well as every single team as gotten brutal calls go against them. The robots need to take over like yesterday. The technology is there to do it and frankly the game not only be better played, better officiated but it also speed up the game since there be no arguing balls and strikes. The ump can even be behind the dish. Just he gets a signal in his mask or whatever that lets him immediately if it was a ball or strike.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, though the Yankees won and I'm happy with the result... that was maybe the worst home plate umpire I've seen in the playoffs so far (which says something). And in a deciding Game 5 scenario, it's magnified... terrible calls, on both sides, that affected big situations on both sides...

TX-20, Luke02 and heels1785 like this.
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Meh. At the end of the day, when your Cy Young Winning Ace pitcher can only get 19 outs in two games, you can't blame the umps.

yankee8255, tom, dp4m and 1 other person like this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    dp4m

both games were terrible. laz diaz in the was/chi game was atrocious.

Luke02 likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Livan Hernandez 1997, never forget...

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    did anything ever come of that? balls were literally feet outside, and he was back there throwing fists around like he was at a rave

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Helped spark my hatred of Miami. So, there's something.

18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Except the "victims" of that are the Atlanta Braves who were beneficiaries of a ridiculous strike zone bis themselves more often than not. Watch highlights of the 96 World Series. Maddox and Glavine both consistent got strike calls well outside the zone.

And the Yankees won anyway.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    :( Well that was less than ideal. Hats off to the Yankees, they played a good series to come back to win it. Hard to believe the Indians scored a grand total of five runs over the last three games of the series. Even harder to believe we lost with Bauer giving up zero earned runs over two starts. If you would have told me that before the series, or that he and Tomlin would have our only wins with both Kluber and Miller taking losses I would have thought you were nuts, but hey, baseball.

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Perhaps Cleveland's fortunes/karma will change when Chief Wahoo is permanently erased as an official team emblem.

xblackout, TX-20 and DarthIntegral like this.
  21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
  22. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    No, Cleveland has to formally forgive Art Modell first.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

That will never happen.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    also doesn't really work as a joke since the cavs won just last year.

25. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Also if karma wants to prevent racists from being successful maybe it should pivot from sports for a sec