main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Michael A. Taylor clearly is the MVP of this series.

BenYodaDagobah and dp4m like this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Wow, the Nats just fell off a cliff there... this Max Scherzerererer guy sucks apparently...

4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Indians: "Let's have our Cy Young winner have the biggest postseason meltdown"

Nationals: "HOLD MY BEER"

5. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    You want to speed up games, maybe when the manager tells his catcher to go talk to the pitcher to kill time, the umpire doesn't let that happen.

Amazing.

TX-20 likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Or at least make it less obvious. Tito and Girardi are frickin' terrible with their hand motions (no, not that one... the other one)...

7. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    I don't like this game anymore. Please play the game Nats. :(

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    what a great game. play 20 !

Kershaw, Hill , Darvish, Wood sip some more ice tea

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    TX-20 and appleseed like this.
  10. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
  11. BenYodaDagobah

Feb 20, 2016
    My head and heart aches for my team. I still love baseball. What a game.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    So I survived watching that game and the Cubs are going to their 3rd straight NLCS!! The bad news is it looks like I might have to pitch for the Cubs Saturday night.
    [​IMG]

13. BenYodaDagobah

Feb 20, 2016
    Congrats cubman. And thanks for your comment on the pitching; it got a laugh from me and lightened me up a bit.

This series was delightful at times and heartbreaking at others. Game 5 will be studied for many, many years. As always, go Nats. This 2017 team was so special. [​IMG]

cubman987 likes this.
  14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

THE rematch!

Reasonably confident, reasonably worried. :p Dodgers in 5 or 6.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    One day the Nats will win a playoff series...but it will not be this day.

TX-20, cubman987 and DarthIntegral like this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Thanks man, that was an insane game and a great series. Believe me, I know what it's like to be on the losing end, all I can tell you is that losses like this just make it that much better when they finally win, which they will.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    In terms of importance, that is by far the strangest game I ever seen. Maddon literally had nobody left in his bullpen after Davis other then Lackey, Justin Wilson and Henry Rowengartner LOL! And it wasn't even an extra inning game. I was surprised nobody tried to tackle Carl Edwards when he came trotting out either. Luckily Joe finally saw the kid just wears down really easily which he is at this point. I am clueless who they start in Game 1 but for once, I am actually hoping it's HR Lackey. They are not beating Clayton with all the rest he has had in Game 1 so might as well go with Lackey and piggyback him with someone and give the bullpen a few days ago while resetting the rotation so it can go be all in alignment for the rest of the series. Absolutely insane the Cubs have been to three NLCS in a row now especially considering the Cubs brass was hoping the window was just opening now.

Reynar_Tedros and cubman987 like this.
  18. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Sounds like it might be Q to get game 1....he didn't throw a lot of pitches last night.....but I'm good with Lackey if they go with him too, at the very least you know he's going to go out there and give it his all.

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    And I am kind of surprised by that but he said after the game the work he got in Game 7 was what he normally do anyway. I guess they really want to keep Lackey in the bullpen. Perhaps he is the guy Joe piggybacks with Q. Q starts and goes 5-6 innings before having Lackey for a couple innings before giving it to who to close is beyond me. Wilson perhaps though I assuming Rondon will make the roster now (assuming he is healthy) and can close but who knows. Maybe Henry Rowengartner will make the roster after all they are so short on good bullpen arms currently LOL!

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well MLB has to love the cities in the Championship Series as it's the biggest TV markets in the country. And I'm sure MLB would be ecstatic if the Dodgers and Yankees made it to the World Series.

I don't have a dog in any of the fights, but there have been some great series this year so far and I hope it continues.

TX-20 likes this.
  21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    They honestly love it more if it was the Cubs and Yankees. The most accomplished team in North American sports against the team that up until last year had the longest losing streak in North American sports history. That and they along with the Red Sox have the biggest fan bases. Dodgers and Yankees would be a big draw too.

22. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    dp4m likes this.
  23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I believe the wording of the rule makes it a judgement call, which would prevent him from being able to protest it. As it is, reports are that umpire thought catcher was at fault for crowding the plate, which he appeared to do all series - getting hit a couple of times before that and getting a catcher's interference call later in that inning.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  25. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Dodgers gonna walk all over Cubs this year