main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    https://www.mlb.com/cut4/pawtucket-...end-against-yankees-triple-a-team/c-273009526
    Here's the story.

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i think that's hilarious, and fantastic.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Danny Farquhar (rp/cws) suffered a brain hemorrhage in between innings last night, lost consciousness, and was taken to hospital. currently critical. terrible.

Chromide likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That’s terrible. :(

I was just coming in to talk about how weird it is that the Braves and Mets are still scoreless at the top of the 8th.

5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    lol @ boston

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    #COULDNTHAPPENTOABETTERTEAM_Boston Red Sox

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  7. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Hey, we're still 17-3, not that big of a deal....

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah but Sean Manaea?

9. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    And Toronto beat Boston tonight too.
    Sorry, wrong thread. :p

heels1785 likes this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Have you not been looking at his stats this year? I picked him up and played him intentionally tonight.

Chromide likes this.
  11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    what a nice game at dodger stadium tonight

DarthTunick likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    you're absolutely right. you guys will probably win the series this year, so humor us, we just have to get our shots in when we can.

brought me to a strange stat, though. yankees threw 4 no-hitters in 90s, boston threw 4 in 2000s. neither team has one since lester's in 2008.

who will be the first of us to do it? safe money's on sale, i guess.

edit - also, gleybar's getting called up tomorrow. woop.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  13. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    He's really good..... last year he had a great year but fell off in September.

14. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015

Kind of controversial, too. The Semien play was definitely an error imo but Benintendi getting called out for 'going out of the baseline'? Come on.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The rule on base paths is weird but I think they got the call right.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I went to the MLB Foodfest last night in Manhattan. It featured thirty unique dishes from each ballpark in the Majors. I got completely full after about the 6th dish; you just load up on the carbs, and I made the mistake of having Arizona's Churo Dog early rather than last. I tried one of the Mariner's fried grasshoppers; the spices just too was overwhelming to me.

[​IMG]

Here's the menu they served (included free soda/bottled water, ice cream (in souvenir helmet), and each ticket included a free voucher for two tickets to a Yankees home game and two tickets to a Mets home game. Not too shabby (at least if you live in NY).
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/03/mlb-foodfest-ballpark-food-30-teams-nyc

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    awesome - looks like a lot of fun!

also very thoughtful that, after what was likely to be an evening full of digestive adventures, they gave you the mets tickets to wipe yourself with.

19. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    I think it's BS because if you're going to call someone out for that small of a move then runners who are rounding first on their way to second for a double should be called out for making that same move. It's stupid. It's not like he ran sideways to avoid the tag, he was still moving forward.

20. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    The basepath is defined as the lane created by the runner. So if you're running straight down the first base line intent on running through the bag, your path is a straight line and you get three feet on either side. If you're rounding first, your baseline is still the path you've created, it's just not a straight line and you still get three feet on either side.

Amazing.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You know what's funny? I have a die-hard Mets fan friend who essentially said the same thing about the Yankees voucher she received lol.

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Okay South Carolina :p

23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    A Lot of baseball left to be played. The Yankees aren't out of this yet. Just wait till our Yankees get hot and go on a run...

24. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    But were the Yankee vouchers redeemable to actually watch the game? Or, having just sampled all that food, you're now qualified to serve it to those in "premium locations"?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    They gave you the vouchers when you entered the building (scanning your tickets for the Foodfest). On the voucher it says, "VALID FOR TWO TICKETS TO SELECT NEW YORK YANKEES 2018 REGULAR SEASON HOME GAMES". The Mets' one is a little more stingy, it seems. It says it's "GOOD FOR TWO TICKETS TO A MAY 1-6 METS HOME GAME."