main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    almora with a handful of absolutely ridiculous plays in center today

also, the rockies home broadcasting team is dreadful.

cubman987 likes this.
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    No idea how he didn't get seriously hurt on a couple of those but man it was fun to watch.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Yeah, I saw part of today's game and one of their games last week. They're really annoying. So many teams have terrible announcers.

Amazing.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    No one will ever be worse than the Nats' broadcasters

5. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    Their play-by-play guy isn't awful, though I could do with a little less homerism. But F.P. Santangelo is just awful.

Amazing.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    kenley’s got his groove back. some nasty stuff tonight.

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    being at 500 is meh

8. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I hope Kris Bryant is OK, that was a scary hit he took.

Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    All indications are that he is okay, other than a scratch above his eye from the ball hitting his sunglasses - he passed all concussion tests and is traveling to Cleveland with the team. I thought for sure he had a concussion when it happened - obviously very glad things look to be okay.

Chromide likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You're a Mets fan, right? While they may not be homers, Gary, Keith and Ron can get annoying at times. I've never heard any announcers whine and complain as much as they do. "I can't believe he didn't go to second on that line drive to the outfield" "Are you kidding....why didn't he swing there? "Just an awful play...no excuses"

They're unbiased; but it's like each of them are backseat drivers to the game you're watching on TV; especially Keith and Ron.

11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I am surprised people are not talking about the Gleyber Torrez Call Up? He is supposed to be the best prospect in all of MLB Baseball!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think the Yankees themselves are the ones that hyped him up more than anyone else. Wouldn't be the first time. It's only been one game, so I'll reserve my grievances until I've seen the kid over the course of a season.

13. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh I totally missed he was getting called up - hope he works out for you guys, I know the Cubs thought very highly of him but obviously that trade worked out pretty well for us.

14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    He got called up Yesterday In NY they were calling it Gleyber Day you could hear the buzz in the stadium! We also had our ACE who is quickly becoming one of the best young Pitchers in the game his name is Luis Severino he pitched a gem we won 7-1 and won our first series of the year it was a 4 game series against Toronto! Gleyber Torrez will be our second basemen going forward he is in the lineup tonight against Minnesota, Weather should be good for tonight's game!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd like to get as excited for Torrez as I would be if Giancarlo Stanton was more consistent in the lineup.

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not sure what’s up with the Reds, but I have never seen as many empty seats in a ball park as I’m seeing in Great American Ball Park on my TV right now.

Certainly not complaining that the Braves are up by two, but that does not explain the sea of red plastic and cloth and few humans...

19. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    They're 3-18 and are on pace for the worst record in baseball history.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think the problem with Cincinnati is that Griffey Jr. retired in 2010.

21. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    The Reds only had a winning record one year with Griffey and never made the playoffs. They made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years after trading him.

Their real problem is going to come about 5 years down the line when they realize they were tanking at the same time as the Marlins, White Sox, Royals, Pirates, Tigers, Rays, and by year's end probably the Orioles and Rangers. Tanking is a nice idea, but everyone can't do it at once. There's only so many number one picks.

Amazing.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I wasn't talking about winning records. I was talking about having a name that would actually draw the fans to the park.

23. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    LloydChristmas and DarthIntegral like this.
  24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Curse of Marge Schott?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but when griffey was there they were consistently near the bottom of the league in attendance. when griffey left and their record improved so did their attendance and they were consistently right in the middle of the pack. it's annoying having conversations as if they're a guessing game when you could easily just look up the facts.