main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    You jinxed it....

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Can't lose 'em all.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That was pretty cool of the Angels to host Ashley and her husband on her book signing tour.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Actual conversation with David when I met him:

"Good to meet you. I'm sure you hear this a bunch, but I actually had you on quite a few fantasy teams back in the day..."
    "I'm sorry, man..."

He's a good dude.

Luke02 and heels1785 like this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I could almost swear he was among the Yankee killers of the Angels during their prime years of the early to mid 2000s; but then again I thought every Angels player was a Yankees killer.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    even the people on your fantasy team don't care about your fantasy team

7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    But JR responded to my DM about adding him to the Basketball Draft...

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Draft Team > Fantasy Team

LloydChristmas likes this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So tonight the Royals are giving away a George Bret Pine Tar bobblehead.
    [​IMG]

Personally, I don't think it does the real incident justice.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Really hate thr bullpen in Cleveland right now

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    David Cone mentioned the old "ANSKY" Adidas commercials from the mid '90s. The one he did with El Duque was great; but this was always my favorite.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The highlight of the Dodgers double-double against the Nats yesterday: Kemp's 2-run double in the 9th of game 2, taking a 1-run lead from a 1-run deficit. As they avoided getting swept by the Marlins (lol) the other day, this of course has me thinking...

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I posted that clip about a month ago in reference to the Yankees when they were struggling.

14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Nothing like taking a film about an underdog midwest team that comes together to defeat their big market competition for a playoff win and making it about...the New York Yankees.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The irony is that Cleveland themselves weren't exactly a small market team in the mid 90s when the movie came out.

16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    The movie came out in 89.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  18. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait I was talking about the original, how is ML2 ironic?

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The clip was from the sequel.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Only took a month and a half, and no real injuries to speak of, for the world to realize how **** our rotation is.

21. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Miwaukee still hanging in there. Playing really good on the road.

22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    By the time Major League 2 came out in 1994, the Indians were starting to turn it around and were no longer the butt of late night jokes therefore for Major League 3 (which I don't even know why but I like that movie even I know it's garbage) they made it about the Twins and their farm team even though the Twinkies had won 2 World Series.

And why are people so excited about Jordan Hicks throwing two pitches at 105 MPH? It isn't a big deal since Steve Nebraska was throwing 109 MPH at his tryout with no warm up:

[​IMG]

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    IN 1993, Cleveland finished 19 games out of first and under .500 for approximately the 9000th year in a row. They ended the year with Bob Hope drunk singing a farewell song to their old stadium and forgetting the words to his own song (I was there). It's generous revisionist history to suggest that Cleveland were starting to turn it around. They opened the Jake in 1994 and had good success go along with it. But that was in 1994. Leading up to it, not much to be hopeful about.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I like how Tampa mixed things up and started Sergio Romo, a closer, just to pitch the first inning. From a strategic point of view, I suppose it would shorten the game to 8 innings, given that your closer has a zero ERA in that first inning over the course of starting the game. It's certain a break from conventional thinking.

Glad to see Othani pick up this fourth win against the Rays. I would love to see him win 20 games and hit 50 HRs.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I heard that Ohtani would consider hitting in the HR derby during the AS game if invited. That would certainly be unprecedented.

Jeez that movie was terrible in so many ways. They obviously didn't have the budget to get a real MLB slugger for him to face in the WS; so they pretended that Ozzie Smith "found some real power". LMAO.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.