main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm just curious as to which pitcher gets the nod to start the game for the AL. Will Hinch pick one of his own or another like Sale or maybe even Severino to start the game?

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Jose Ramirez is my favorite current player; seeing him get voted on as a starter is awesome. Kluber and Lindor were no brainier selections, and Bauer only had doubts due to off forms stuff. Seeing Dr Smooth back at an all-star level is fantastic.

cubman987 likes this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    thought paxton could have made it, but still happy with 3 m's on the team.

i think severino will start. he and sale have arguably been equals, but severino has 5 more wins.

cubman987 likes this.
  4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Happy Brewers are representing. Happier they are still in 1st place.

5. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Blake Snell should probably be starting this All-Star game for the AL, and he's not even on the team....

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Or Nathan Eovaldi. He's already flirted with two no-hitters this season. I wish the Yankees had a starter like him.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    time to revisit at almost halfway

a few whiffs, but mostly good, and philly and milwaukee making the playoffs looks like a legitimate possibility.

8. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Same could be said for Charlie Morton. And neither is in the final vote either. I expect both will ultimately make the team, with Sunday's starters not being available.

Amazing.

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Walk-off Wilmer!!!

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd only count the Yankees as a solid Pennant contender if they get at least one decent to quality starter by the trade deadline.

11. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    The only thing I see as a major whiff would be having the White Sox in second place and the Orioles in third place in their divisions.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm kind of surprised that the prediction was for the Mets to be bottom dwellers with the Marlins. I'm pretty sure both Atlanta and especially Philadelphia weren't supposed to be as good as they are now.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    50 wins so far. And you’re right, very few people expected that.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The thing about Atlanta this year is they hardly have any sexy names throughout their roster; especially compared to their 90s dominance run. I literally have to look up online who their starters are; and even then I'm not familiar with most of them. As far as the lineup is concerned, Freeman is the only one I know about. I guess you can throw in Markakis too since I remember him from the AL of course. Not that this is a bad thing by any stretch. The Yankees won the series in '96 with a handful of relative unknowns at the time. Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Mariano Rivera; who are these guys?

15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well um,

Paul O'Neill, Bernie Williams, Wade Boggs, Tino Martinez, Tim Raines, Joe Girardi, Cecil Fielder, David Cone, Jimmy Key, Darryl Strawberry,

vin, Point Given and tom like this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol, and you left out dwight gooden and ruben sierra, both four time all-stars who were on that team.

vin likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Oh, Ruben Sierra... That's a name I haven't heard in a long time, very long time.

Last time I remember hearing his name was when Tony La Russa called him "the village idiot." Probably should have just kept Canseco instead of trading him away for Sierra.

Shout out to my A's for winning a pitchers' duel against the Astros last night.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    tom likes this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    tbf sierra was traded to detroit that '96 season, but he did play 90 some games for the yanks that year.

19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah i left him off because he was traded for Cecil Fielder during the year

tom likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Did I say that the Yankees didn't have any recognizable names? No. They had a balance of rookies and veterans. My point was made.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I hate this bullpen

22. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Red hot Alex Bregman with a walk-off... uh... ROE I guess. Never seen something like that before.

Edit: Video.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And, apparently, this season is a Groucho Marx skit as they called in the wrong pitcher for the game winning at-bat.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Having a great pen, at least on paper, isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    - A Yankees fan

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The error bug shows its ugly head again, and the A's come back is spoiled in the 11th inning against the Stros.

My boss and I are heading out to the Cubs v. Giants game day game today as a "team building" event. I love my job.