main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    [image=http://i17.tinypic.com/6aj7i9z.gif]

2. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Definately the best coach/ump argument in a long time. I'm surprised this couch was only suspended for three games, while the Cub's manager was suspended indefinitely. It didn't it look like Pinella was trying to make contact with the ump.

3. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    The grenade thing was fantastic; definetely topped cleaning home off with a water bottle like that minor league manager last year. Thay guy was more fiery, but the sheer craziness of the grenade is phenomenal. I love minor league managers. They're the best.

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Haven't heard anything since, but I got the impression that Piniella's suspension wasn't likely to be very long, probably not more than 2 or 3 games, but that the official length wasn't immediately determined, hence indefinite. I've been out of the newswaves for a bit, though, so I don't know what they're saying now.

And any length of suspension he gets is for any physical contact with the ump, though I don't think there actually was any, though the ump claimed otherwise.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Pinella's suspended for four games which includes the one he was out before the length of suspension was actually decided on.

6. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Which, if he did kick the umpire, is not bad... though as I said, I don't think his foot actually made contact.

7. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Well, it's the 10th inning over here in San Francisco, and our catcher just got taken out, our third baseman is playing catcher, our center fielder is playing third, and one of our starting pitchers (Lowry) is playing right field. Feliz has a very strong arm, so I'm not worried about anyone stealing on him, though the whole game just got more interesting. We should have won last inning with the bases loaded and one out, though there's still hope I guess.

8. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Well, I'm going on a road trip in late July up to Montana fly-fishing. What does this got to do with baseball, you ask? On our way we are stopping at 3 major league parks to see games. It is part of one of my lifelong dreams to watch a game at every baseball park.

July 24: Cardinals vs. Cubs at St. Lous
    July 25: Royals vs. Yankees at Kansas City
    July 26: Rockies vs. Padres at Denver

Should be fun!

9. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    As I look in my dictionary...

Definition of ownage: going to the all-star game this year.
    Complementary picture: me ;)

I can finally confirm that I'm going. And no upper deck either: lower box section 122 (located on third base side)
    [image=http://www.eventprocess.com/BrokerMaps/AttParkAllStar07_all.gif]

I can just imagine paying 30 bucks for popcorn... :p

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    A no-no for Justin Verlander.

11. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    meh, sophomore... [face_sick]

No, actually I'm impressed. He's not a fluke. My hat goes off to him.

12. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    WOoooooOOooOOooOOHOO!!

13. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=270613126
    Teh franchise is brokened!!!!!! :_|

but what's up with all these first hits and lamo runs??? i want... no, i NEED more home runs from this dead offense!!!!

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Ok, just heard the announcers say this during the Braves-Red Sox game... apparently there is an annual baseball game between the members of the media in Boston and New York... and supposedly the benches cleared. If thats accurate (and the announcer said "you're not going to believe this, but its true")... thats just sad. The teams, that would be one thing, but between the media? Dang.

15. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    No one messes with Joel Sherman and George King. [face_cowboy]

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Girardi turns down Orioles

Well, that pretty much means the O's will probably have to go interim the rest of the year, and then pursue a new full-time manager in the off-season. They should go all-out rebuilding while they're at it, and unload the couple of solid vets they have.

Makes you wonder what stopped Girardi. Is he holding out for the Yanks? Was it money?

17. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Maybe it was because he realized that he'd have to live in Baltimore? :p

18. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    maybe it's cuz he didn't want to get stuck in a crappy situation on a crappy team that's going nowhere.

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000

maybe it's cuz he didn't want to get stuck in a crappy situation on a crappy team that's going nowhere.

That would be my guess as well. All those commentators on ESPN, on whether they'd take the job: absolutely not. Uh huh.

20. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Mattingly is the heir apparent for the Yankees, but he's not quite ready yet. Girardi did the right thing in waiting, as inheriting a bad team midseason is not a good proposition. Perhaps he was waiting for the new team president to clean the front office out and wait until after the season to see if he can work with the GM (an important issue for Girardi).

21. thesamman

thesamman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    If you're Scott Proctor, Joe Torre, or a Yankees fan in general, it just doesn't get much worse.

If you're not, it just doesn't get much better. :D

22. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    500 homeruns for Frank Thomas and he got ejected from the game too! [face_dancing]

23. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    This commercial confuses me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80uVrKKN3gI

24. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    I can just picture the all-star selection show: "The fans have not selected anyone for any position. No votes were casted at all." I kind of have a feeling that less people care this year.

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The probable starting battery of Penny & Martin just delights me to no end, especially considering the location of the All Star Game this season.