main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mod Bar Thingies

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Ariana Lang, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Personally, I like the colours in the header bars of my forums because they stand out and members will notice if/when they change. If I drop a forum I'm currently modding due to time restraints, my username will noticably drop out of the header bar and people will know not to PM me about that forum anymore (except in extreme emergency, as usual ;) ). Not everyone checks Comms to see the "Mod X Has Stepped Down" threads but they deserve to know nonetheless.

:)

2. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I would just like to say that is officially the least dignified thread title I've ever had. And I've had some pretty undignified ones.

3. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    next to the list of mod colors, how about putting a "users online" button that links directly to the users online index to find a color online for help ASAP.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Because that also makes it obvious to would-be trolls when none of the mods who look after a given forum are online.

The mice will play when the cat's away.

5. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    no, DLM, a button with a link to here, so we can find any mod on duty.

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    You realize, of course, that all that's necessary is hitting the "Jedi Council Forums" link and then hitting the "users online" link, right?

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    What's the point of listing the mods if there's a link to users online too? Wouldn't either one of those things alone do the job just as well as a single one? I'm confused now. :p

8. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    KW, that's 2 clicks; l click is faster. :D :D :D

DLM, I think the purpose of listing that forum's mods at the top is for us to know who they are, and we can PM them with one click. I might be wrong.

Yeppers, a click on their colors takes it directly to an open PM to that mod.

The users online button shows who is actually online to help at that moment. That forum's mods may not be on duty when you send them a PM.

9. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Can someone explain how the colors are "distracting"?

10. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    max, they are SO bright, but I like them bright and distracting. I can find them easily. :D

11. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Maybe a "mods online" button since with "users online" you have to sift through like 50 pages, and by the time you find one, they've already gotton offline.

They're distracting cause they cause seizures from their brightness.

12. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Ariana, a mods online button would be the best, but that idea got shot down a few months ago. Maybe it's time to revisit that idea again? :D

13. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I understand that they are bright. But are there seriously members saying, "Great Scott! I simply cannot remember what I was doing! Those distracting headers are to blame."

14. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    I like the fact that when you go into the Ep III spoilers forum, all the names are in baby blanket colors. :)

Don't worry. It's safe to go take a look.
    No spoilers have been released yet at all.
    If you are still afraid, then only look at the title bar.

It's SOOOOOOOoooooo cute!

15. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, pastels, how soft and sweet. :D

16. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    As for a "Mod Online" page, sorry, but the only way we'd get it is if it was coded by zerosleep. While we do have the abilities to do some funky things with the boards like this, some things are just impossible for us to do because we can't alter the source code for the boards.

17. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    I understand that they are bright. But are there seriously members saying, "Great Scott! I simply cannot remember what I was doing! Those distracting headers are to blame."

They're not distracting to that degree. It's just more of a "Holy crap, what was that?" type thing. Nothing I won't get used to, I suppose.

Amazing.

18. gundark

gundark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 1999
    The colors up there keep making me think I have a private message when I don't.

//crushing ego blow

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    i thought the titles were brought in to make things easier & now there's this? this new addition isn't needed, how lazy can we get around here?

edit: before you know it, all of the JC wil be reduced to 1 page because users will be to lazy click to a 2nd page.
    [face_plain]

DarthTunick

20. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Tunick, the moderator bar helps some forums find a moderator quicker. It's a heck of a lot easier to click there than to sort through threads to find someone with the correct title for what they moderate.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    then shouldn't get rid of titles? if we had all the mods for every fourm on the top of the page, we can get rid of titles because if somebody has a problem all they would have to do is look @ the top of the page & PM a mod.

DarthTunick

22. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Tunick, the titles are.not.going.away.

People see members post in forums other than what forums a given moderator actually moderates, and a title is useful for giving info in any forum.

23. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I think DarthTunick deserves a title......

;)

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    KW, oh well. DA, :p

DarthTunick

25. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    "Great Scott! I simply cannot remember what I was doing! Those distracting headers are to blame."

Wow. It's like you went inside my brain and picked out a little raisinette of thought. Except my interjection would have been more along the lines of 'Sweet Jiminy Christmas!'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.