main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mod Squad Update Experience: Are You Experienced? (August 19-25)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Son of the Suns, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    And maybe something to stop more threads from being posted, this is an idea.

As we all know, there is always a Birthday at the JC ;) Maybe we could make one topic, and 'Official' Topic for birthdays, and when someone, say, Kerr_Plunk, knows that it is someones Birthday, she can post it there, and someone like, me, can say happy Birthday to them.

Its just a thought :)

!Shinjo :)

2. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I don't think the 1 birthday thread that pops up every two weeks or so is all that big of a deal. Birthday threads also never inspire copycat or parody threads.

3. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    We have already decided in the mod squad to allow birthday threads.

4. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Oops, sorry [face_blush]

5. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek: You mean I can't have my cornbread and eat it, too??? ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain]

*guards cornbread thread* :D :D :D

6. FlirtaciousSockIII

FlirtaciousSockIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_plain] ummmm, do I have to close down shop? :( :_| :_| :_|

7. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    To quote wstraka5:
    And what about the Dormer's Revenge or Shinjo's one? Those are usually active with people and the Dorms (for example) have been around for quite a while now. Why are you limiting the "big" social threads to the three that were mentioned before?
    -- Yeah... just to stick my nose in here. The Dorms have been around since early March, we follow the rules and each post isn't a "hi/bye" such thing. They're thought out and normally a few lines a piece. We also follow through with creating a new thread every 5k posts and we are always inviting to new members to come join us in our discussions. We talk about whatever is on our mind and we flow very well.

Just to toss in, other groups have had the same rep. Sure, there are a lot of social threads that go a page or two and then die. But creating a few "official" ones could be a solution. Though I do agree that more than 5 or 6 becomes daunting.

8. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

hey! don't drag my name into this, shinjo! i'm just in it for the cake ;) :p

9. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    *guards geriatric ward for the old folks here*

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Keeping Light Side, Dark Lords and BYS separate, what is the difference between "User X's Rockin' Fun Zone" and "User Y's Grippztacular Gathering"? They're both just a place for people to chat. Why do we need any more than one? Two of those types of threads, at the most, would be sufficient.

11. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Keeping Light Side, Dark Lords and BYS separate, what is the difference between "User X's Rockin' Fun Zone" and "User Y's Grippztacular Gathering"? They're both just a place for people to chat. Why do we need any more than one? Two of those types of threads, at the most, would be sufficient.

Exactly.

12. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Sorry Kerr_Plunk [face_blush]

Thats the only reason I go to them, unless I like or know the people :D :p

13. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "My suggestion would be a time/length limit. If an appreciation thread does not get X number of constructive posts in a Y time, topic is locked because there is not enough interest. An alternative measure would be that the thread has to have X users actively engaged in the consversation within Y time."

It's not a bad idea at all. The only problem you could potentially run into is people PMing their friends asking them to post to keep the thread alive.

"Birthday threads also never inspire copycat or parody threads."

Just you wait till everyone starts having birthdays. Then you'll be sorry.

But actually, they do sort of inspire the parodies. The "wish my mom a happy birthday" threads. Yeah, there have only been two that I've ever seen (one, coincidentally, is on the first page of the JCC right now), but are they really necessary? And am I the only one that gets the feeling these things are going to start popping up every week?

Amazing.

14. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Now we seem to be going in circles . . .I think that's when it is time to consider all the pros and cons and make a decision.

15. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    people PMing their friends asking them to post to keep the thread alive.

I don't think people have that much time and energy to waste on such crap.

16. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "I don't think people have that much time and energy to waste on such crap."

Never underestimate the amount of time people have to waste.

Amazing.

17. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
  18. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000

"i'm just in it for the cake."

Really? And here I thought you and the rest of the Drama Club were just here to flame us all, decide who can (as you so eloquently put it) "eat [your] ****," and then pat each other on the back for a job well done.

Oh, no.... wait, my bad. You all do that on your not-so-private ezboard. I guess you just fish for victims here, smiling to their faces and ripping them apart behind their backs. My mistake.

GZ - Come on, you know better than that.

19. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

well, Gay Len... i was stubborn to admit it, but now that i've had time to cool down i will.. you got me.. your slander here really hurt me and made me feel stupid and everything that you set out to do.

i find it interesting that you chose a day that i was locked up in the Big Brother House, as a sleepover guest, to run my name into the ground... considering that per the rules of that game i was not allowed to post in any forum... but, look at what's happened now... i've had to break the rules in order to defend myself from your blatant flame and defamation of my character...

first, i am not longer a member of the Drama Club, and i haven't been for a month or so now... so, you are slinging old news... i have no problem with admitting that i was a part of that group, however, and i also believe that they are as entitled to their JC offshoot ezboard as you are to yours.

there's a funny saying... those who live in glass houses aught not throw stones...

i have no problem admitting that on that ezboard i vented about certain people. but, i bet you didn't know that the reason why i vented about them was because they were individuals whom had been particularly inconsiderate, and even cruel, about a certain thread that i had posted about a friend of mine who had been murdered. so, you know what i did, i reacted by cussing them out - no, i didn't do it to their efaces, i did it on a message board... and you know what, it felt good. oh, is that a little too human?

if i could have told those 3 individuals off without breaking the TF.N terms of service, i would have... as for the other people that i bad mouthed... big deal... i don't get along with them.. but, at no time have i ever been 2-faced about that - i avoid conversation with them... so, with whom are you suggesting that i've smiled at and then ripped apart behind their back?

DimensionX, Obi-Wan-Jedi-Gurl, and TheUnknownjedi, i bad mouthed all three of you on an internet ezboard. if i didn't feel that it helped me in some way i probably wouldn't have done it - it was on the day that my friend had been murdered and i found your lack of sympathy to be disturbing. RidingMyCaroselOnYou, i also bad mouthed you, but you know why, and we worked that out. Solojones, i also bad mouthed you but, i think, but, that was before i got to know you better - i am genuinely sorry fot that. MissAmidala2, i had some words to say about you, a well.

there.. i've come clean...

i would like to sarcastically thank you, however, for displaying in incredible amount of maturity, compassion, understanding and for showing that you are capable of ruthlessly taking advantage of a situation... your mistake indeed...

what did i do that was so wrong Gay Len? what is your problem with me as a person? why are you so angry at me? go on and let me know via PM...

ps.. i know that this doesn't belong here, and that this should have been sent via PM, but, ya know what, the same thing can be said for Gay Len's post... except that she appears to be immune from the rules... it must be nice to have some friends in high places...

20. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    And so it begins....

This is the first time since the Big Brother game began that I've felt like I absolutely had to post in a thread outside of the house. If I end up being kicked out of the game because of this, so be it.

I do so only to defend the name of my wife, the love of my life, and in my opinion the sweetest person on the planet Earth. And I would urge all those who know her and who feel as I do to do the same. You seem to have a very bitter vendetta against her Gay-Len, enough so that you would resort to flaming her and slandering her name on an internet messageboard, spouting off about situations which you appear to know nothing about. I can't help but wonder why that is. What did Laurie ever do to you that could possibly make you hate her so much?

Now let me just say a few things about the Laurie I know. The Laurie I know is the most honest, sincere, caring, forthcoming person I have ever known in my life. She is a kind free-spirit, filled with more love and laughter than I could have ever imagined possible in one human being. And yet she is exactly that, human.

Is she capable of being hurt? Yes. Does she have reactions when she is hurt? Most definitely. Is she capable of making mistakes? Of course. Does she regret it and feel terrible when she makes them? Don't we all? But is the fact that Laurie has human emotions and reacts when she feels hurt or is under attack a reason to hate her? No, in fact it's precisely why I love her. And I know I'm not alone.

21. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "first, i am not longer a member of the Drama Club, and i haven't been for a month or so now"

That is the truth. Actually, the Drama Club ceased to exist before then, but Kerr_Plunk left the drama-free replacement around the middle of July.

You know, I told myself that I wasn't going to post in this Mod Squad update. After all, nothing in it really concerned me... *sigh*

22. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I want to go on record here as saying that Kerr_Plunk is a very notorious character here at the Jedi Council. Notorious for being warm, considerate, caring, and nice, that is. In the current "JCC Awards", Kerr_Plunk is, I believe, in the lead for "Nicest Member". You ask anyone who the nicest and most considerate people in YJCC are and Kerr_Plunk will be on their list. I would also like to say to deltron_zero that forfieting your right to the BB Game to come here and defend Kerr_Plunk from such untrue accusations is extremely noble.

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Seems to me here, that this is getting off topic a bit. Since the Mod Squad Update has little to do with the Drama Club or its members, maybe you guys should take it to PM, or your respective Ezbaords.

24. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    Gay_Len and Kerr_Plunk, this seems to be a private issue brewing. Please take this to PM and be civil with each other, and if you'd like an admin to intervene, don't hesitate to ask.

25. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.