main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Mods' Trope Challenge - Winners Announced!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Feb 1, 2013.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I haven't checked out the forums; I just like learning about tropes, and which fandoms they apply to, and what other tropes those fandoms have, and what they apply to ... and it turns into a link cycle and suddenly it's three hours later 8-}

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The problems start when they begin creating tropes that aren't actually tropes. And then you get into the "subjective tropes" which either are or aren't tropes, but nobody can decide so they throw them under a YMMV tab where people can argue back and forth without any sense of what the page will look like when they're done their spat.

3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think it's pretty easy to avoid that, though. I've logged waaaay too many hours on that site and never had a problem. But I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the challenge.

I did! The Red Star.

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Woohoo! We are up to two entries. [face_dancing]

How about the rest of us? How are those tropes coming? [face_batting]

5. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
  6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, we have had two snazzy participants:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/earth-2-choice-to-make-mods-trope-challenge.50010073/][/url]"Choices to Make", by Daenabenjen42

and

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-trek-2009-mods-tropes-challenge-strange-exchange-body-swap-kirk-spock.50010353/][/url]"Strange Exchange" by laurethiel1138

PM your votes for first place to either I or NYCitygurl, and we can see about awarding these lovely ladies some colours. [face_dancing]Remember, anyone can vote - even if you didn't participate in the challenge.

And, as an extra note, if you find yourself finishing your trope whenever, feel free to post the link here for the rest of us to read. Also, there are still plenty of numbers open if anyone wants an extra challenge - just for fun. :)

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Both of the stories are so good!

I had a ton of fun with mine! More of you should give this a try :p

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty ladies and gents! For this here Trope challenge, we had a tie!

Congratulations Daenabenjen42 and laurethiel1138! [face_dancing] Enjoy your week of colours! [:D]

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Congrats to you both! Very well-deserved :D

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    So... this is long over [that's how long since I've been on these boards lol] but hey, there were numbers left - do you still have the list, Mira? [face_tee_hee]

NYCitygurl likes this.
  11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Indeed, I do have the list, and I would be more and happy to hand out more tropes. Just pick your number! :D

12. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Sweet!! Awesome; thanks!

I need a new challenge - gimmie... the first one; Numero Uno sil vous plaît :)

erm.. apparently I just asked in three different languages for #1 :p

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Your trope is off! :D

. . . is there anyone else who would like to take a go? Just for kicks? [face_batting]