main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal The Montreal Underground Knights Expanded Universe Readers Initiative

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    aka MUKEURI

Project Mukeuri as for single objective to actually slap some sense in the Indigo and Chapters book stores (Coles is too small and so far I've had no trouble with them).

So what does this mean

1 - We raid the bookstores every so often and take 5 to 10 minutes to re-classify the books properly.
    I mean come on I saw some Legacy mixed with Calrissian Trilogy. can you imagine how fracked somebody could get.

2 - When a new book comes out we go ask for it on the tuesday of the release. most of the time they won't have it.

That's pretty much it.

I'm hitting Indigo tonight because I was just too sad to see the facing of the star wars books there.

I'll try and take some pictures to show you.

There even was a Star Trek book in the section :eek:

2. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I can honestly say the way the SW books are faced in most of the stores is rather sad. I agree that they are all mixed up ALL of the time!!! When I go to buy new releases I often reorganize the shelves so that the books are in chronological order and make sense when glancing at the titles.

As for getting a new release on time, it is a rare event. Occasionally a book will be released prior to it's release date but often I'm left waiting 2-3 weeks post the release date before the novels ever hit the local shop shelves! :eek: It can be quite disappointing!!

3. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    And while us dufuss are waiting for the store to get it, Marriane and Sith get theirs by mail.

Yup I need to work on this budget of mine..
    first step: get a stable job.

4. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Went to the death Race premiere tonight, dropped by the indigo first, had a nervous breakdown, faced the Star Wars segment.

picked up the monthly practical web design and then found a manager, mentioned I refaced the Star Wars section and that I'd be more than willing to do more. gave him my card and mentioned my resume was already on the indigo web site.

Maybe my arrogance will lead me somewhere for once ^-^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.