main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Mortis Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by I know, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe The Son's saliva or some kinda venom fluid he injected into Ahsoka's bloodstream contained parasites that he controlled by his will, and he did manipulations of her midi clorians . It was some form of possession or vampirism. There was visible signs of infection in her blood stream. The Mortis family had powers and abilities some could consider unnatural. I don't know, but I don't think its anymore weirder than Nightsister Magick or Sith Relics that can possess people or whatever other Force stuff. I think people walked away in the energy field stuff which itself was esotericism & various spirituality disciplines.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

It was a possession.

"You are mine now."

Ahsoka was basically controlled by the Son. Her reaction when Obi-Wan unveils the Dagger is proof of that. Ahsoka herself has no idea what that thing is. But the Son does. Hence her comment:

"Where did you get that? Give it to me!"

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

I merged your thread with our thread on Mortis.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  4. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I've seen a little bit of The Clone Wars but not sure I want to watch the entire series. Mortis seems to be the most important arc in the context of the Saga more widely - do you guys think it's worth just skipping to it?

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The arc does basically stand alone, and can be watched without any other Clone Wars arcs to set it up, beyond knowing the relationships between Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.

6. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    I found these 3 episodes very interesting.
    However, you can not be sure if those things actually happen or is just a dream of Obi Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka.
    In case you did not noticed the coincidence , Obi Wan who is the more elder one together with Anakin and Ahsoka are getting on the planet, where they encounter the Father, who is neither Sith,neither Jedi.
    He has an evil son and a good daughter.
    We can see Obi Wan as the Father, who is neither Sith,neither Jedi, Anakin, who is the Sith and Ahsoka who is the good daughter.
    At the end, the daughter, the son and the father die.
    Father is sacrificing himself willingly .
    So, I have no clue what Filoni and Lucas wanted to tell with these 3 episodes.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't too sure about this arc the first time I watched it several years back but on a recent rewatch and reading related stuff in Apocalypse from FOTJ I really like it.
    Makes me wonder who the Mother would have been if Lucas ever continued this arc. Or what would have happened if Anakin was able to leave Mortis with his future knowledge? Changing time was one of the pre-requisites to freeing Abeloth in the old EU.
    Abeloth, the mother in the old EU wanted to recreate the Family with Luke as the Father, Ben Skywalker as the Light side Son and Vestara as the Dark Side daughter. For Abeloth's own purposes.
    Makes me wonder if future Skywalker family members would have to become the Father, Son and Daughter to fully bring balance to the Force?

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I loved absolutely everything about this arc. Was it real or not? Are the ones truly dead? Why didn't the Son and Daughter's bodies disappeared? I also like how they showed the differences with the usual Force users. Not only they say they're not Jedi/Sith but we also never see them using any kind of lightsabers and we see them having abilities never seen before in the saga so it was pretty easy to differentiate them from other Force users. I felt like these episodes were a retelling of the saga with the presence of Ahsoka in it being some kind of mystery.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It is not an arc for anyone who likes a straightforward story where characters are what they are without representing some concept.

cwustudent and DARTH-BADGUY like this.
  10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It was a good arc, but you have to watch the entire series. I feel that missing an episode or story truly defeats the purpose of what the entire story is trying to tell. TCW is well thought out for animation and it was only getting better.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They are still in canon believed to be god-like beings. So best probably viewed in that respect, you're dealing with gods and their games not unlike mythology.

The two Sith Lord spirits(apparently never named in the actual scene) were converting The Son. But more importantly they served the Dark Side , disciples intent on its supremacy. They referred to themselves also as wielders of the dark side, not as Sith. The Sith Lords, apparently of Bane's own Order, are unworthy and would be destroyed along with the Jedi . So instead the Dark Side seeks out " the one", the one who was foreseen to rule the galaxy and they need the "chosen one" to control everything - whatever that means. I kinda wonder if they deleted the scene cause it would've gave too much away too soon for future arcs/films or such. I mean being that the The Son was in the "Well of the Dark Side" and Mortis itself was a conduit of the Force, couldn't the Dark Side take any form or forms it wished in order to visibly manifest itself?! Where the two Sith Spirits may not be literally spirits at all?!

"The one", stuff was also used to identify the Mortis family( they were known collectively as "The Ones".

12. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Amazing ******* arc.

13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Weren't the two Sith Lord spirits part of a deleted scene? It may have been a possibility but it was abandoned because it didn't line up with GL's vision on Force ghosts at the moment.

14. mihaitzateo

Oct 5, 2015
    What scene ? From what episode?

I disagree with this point of view.
    The Force is one, but it is everyone choice if he chooses balance, as the father have chosen, the light approach, as the daughter have chosen or the dark approach, as son have chosen.
    All these 3 are called "force wielders" .

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Its interesting that Lucas shot down the Sith spirits, but allowed the Nightsisters to have them, introducing another group outside of select Jedi, that could communicate with the physical realm while in the spirit realm. I wonder if his daughter had any influence on that decision, since she worked so closely with the Nightsister episodes.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    The spirits of the Nightsisters seems to be "stuck" in one location though and don't seem to have the same freedom that typical Force Ghosts have. Even Qui-Gon who didn't finish his training was able to be seen in Mortis. So I guess it's different just like there are different Force religions?

whostheBossk and DARTH-BADGUY like this.
  18. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    That's true, most Nightsister spirits can only manifest on Dathomir, save for Talzin. Mortis however served as an amplifier of sorts, so it might have been able to allow any Force sensitive being with some training the ability to manifest there.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. mihaitzateo

Oct 5, 2015
  20. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    They also don't keep their individual personalities like Force ghosts do.

Sent from SQUADALAH

21. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Are you referring to Nightsisters? I don't think theres any evidence that that's the case. What are you basing that on?

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I remember when I first watched this arc, and immediately was reminded of Hellboy: The Golden Army and to this day I still feel the similarities such as the Father, daughter and son dynamic of Mortis seemed very similar in characterization and portrayal as King Balor, sPrincess Nuala & Prince Nuada. Talzin reminded me of Angel of Death, the Golden Army reminded me of the Stone Guardians, the turning to stone after death would later be used for Talzin in SOD. Some other bits reminded me of The Neverending Story and even Avatar film. *Even the Zillo Beast seemed kinda take off of Godzilla and also reminded me Guillermo del Toro's elemental forest god that Hellboy kills.

Sauron_18 likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    With the Force lore they have given us in the New Canon so far, I really do believe the Mortis Arc is more important than what we realize.

24. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd love a mention from Luke in The Last Jedi, describing to Rey how he met with a Force sensitive being named Ahsoka that unlocked her memories of Mortis while on Malachor.

25. DARTH-BADGUY

DARTH-BADGUY Jedi Master

May 25, 2005
    The nightsister ghosts seem to be stuck in the cave. Darth Bane's "ghost" in the CW Yoda arc (he might be an illusion, maybe even set up by the force priestesses) seems to be bound to a specific location as well. I feel like George Lucas and Dave Filoni have said the dark side users have no afterlife but maybe this stuff implies they can leave some kind of spirit or impression as long as it's tied to a physical place.