main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Most Disappointing STAR WARS game you've ever played. *Official Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by President-JarJar, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    What, In your Opinion, is the most Disappointing STAR WARS game you have played? It doesn't necessarily have to be a real bad game, just a game that did not live up to your expectations or just plain stunk... any video game or PC game... what was it?

-Well,

In my Opinion, the MOST Disappointing STAR WARS game I ahve played would ahve to be "Star Wars: The New Droid Army" for the GBA.

Now, this game was not real bad. It was sorta okay and fun too... But the controld were TOO Sluggish and the appeal wore off QUICK. I wasted $30 on this game, and I should've saved my cash. I ended up trading it in several days after I bought it at Wal-Mart. (Now Wally World selling it for only $20 now) :p [face_plain]

I haven't played a LOT of Star Wars games liek some of your Hardcore Star Wars gamers. so I'm sure there's worse games...

What's the most disappointing STAR WARS game you've played?

-JarJar

[color=indigo]Before you start new threads PLEASE look in the forum Index to see if there's already one;

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6043988&replies=44]Worst Star Wars Games[/link] [/color].

2. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    None of the Star Wars games I played untill now weren't dissapointing :)

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    ...is this a trick question?

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Anything not on PC. I like the game, but I can't stand it not on a PC. Like, JO. JO was fun, but I'd have stopped playing it after a month if not for the skins and mods being released.

5. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Rogue. Leader.
    It did not live up to my expectations. I wanted a new game but I got Rogue Sqaudron 64 with a facelift.

6. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    The Empire Strikes Back for the NES/GB. Anyone whose played it can guess why.

7. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I've only played a couple ones (in fact, I just played SOTE earlier on my N64), but according to my brother, the most disappointing one he's played is ROGUE LEADER.

8. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Battle for Naboo

Promised to be a successor to Rogue Squadron. Wasn't...enough said.

Force Commander

Looked awesome in all the pics. Everyone was expecting a class game to go with the graphics but it didn't deliver. Framerate was awful if I remember rightly. Especially for that time.

Phantom Menace (PSX)

I know this has a fanbase on this board but it was disappointing for me. Being one of the old skool players who had Super Star Wars, Super ESB and Super ROTJ I was expecting a lot more from this title. The adventuring is good but I'm not a fan of the saber combat or the lacking amounts of force powers that made the Super games great.

Bounty Hunter

Again tons of people love this but for me it was a huge let down. I thought that this was going to be more strategic and simulation style than a simple average 3rd person shooter. In my opinon it became another average game when they decided to have enemies spawn behind you and in areas you have been to when you pass certain triggers. This doesn't seem very bounty hunter like to me. No route planning, or sneaking around and too much blasting. Maybe I was expecting Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell in a Star Wars game.

Starfighter/Jedi Starfighter

Tries to fill some sort of medium between X-wing/Tie Fighter with the space flying and Rogue Squadron with the atmospheric combat. I thought it was going to be the perfect combination but it doesn't do either. It feels like you just rotate the ship, zoom in and shoot. Nothing complicated and it just doesn't feel as exciting as Xwing/TieFighter or Rogue Squadron games.

Well those are my disappointing games. I know everyone will disagree but that's what we are here for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.