main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Most Dramatic Death? The Most Unexpected?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Esperanza_Nueva, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    For me the most dramatic death would belong to Vader. Although, Maul's death was wild and unique. I don't really see a death that was unexpected in the Star Wars saga.

2. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    The most dramatic death had to be Qui-Gon's. I mean he was such a good jedi in TPM. I tought he was going to last more then an episode but then when I saw Darth Maul kill him, I saw that I was wrong :(

3. Sith-and-Tired

Sith-and-Tired Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    Dramatic: Anakin because he renounced the Dark Side and made a full turn.

Most Unexpected: Maul and Qui Gon. The were my favorite characters in TPM and they both got knocked off. I could not believe that as smoothly as Maul moved, he would be knocked off. I left the theater disappointed because He was cool.

And I thought that Qui Gon would be a Han Solo type. Pushing the limits and being a nice guy who bucks the system from time to time.

Just a thought....I thought that both of the Fetts went out like punks. These guys are the most notorious in the galaxy?

4. are_two

are_two Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2003
    all i remember is, i was in 3rd grade and my mom and i were walking up to the line for ROTJ. all i heard was some kid who had to be 14 or so yell out: "yoda dies and darth vader is lukes father and he dies too!" so, my mom assured me that he was lying and just being stupid, but i knew that he wasn't lying. so the whole movie i sat, waiting, prepared to see the inevitable. and when i did he bothered me just the same.

true story

that was my most dramatic

5. are_two

are_two Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2003
    all i remember is, i was in 3rd grade and my mom and i were walking up to the line for ROTJ. all i heard was some kid who had to be 14 or so yell out: "yoda dies and darth vader is lukes father and he dies too!" so, my mom assured me that he was lying and just being stupid, but i knew that he wasn't lying. so the whole movie i sat, waiting, prepared to see the inevitable. and when i did he bothered me just the same.

true story

that was my most dramatic

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Qui-Gon's was the most unexpected for me. I had managed to avoid the CD case, so I wasn't spoiled. And it just happened so suddenly in the middle of all that fury and I was like :eek:

Most dramatic... Obi-Wan's and Anakin's

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    Most dramatic: either Anakin's or Shmi's followed by yoda's death.

Most unexpected: Qui Gon's death.

8. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    My opinion is that the most dramatc was either Vadar or Yoda's and the most unexpected was def Qui-Gon's.

9. obiwan122586

obiwan122586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2003
    Drammatically spaking, it's Anakin, definitely. Though Qui-Gon is a close second.
    Unexpected was Jango. thrummm-fzzzt! The audience let out a sympathetic "ooogh".

10. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I think that Shmi's was difinitely the most dramatic, what with her speech to Anakin and then Anakin's reaction, which, in my opinion, really showed where he was headed... Darth Vader. :(

11. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    When Luke burns Vader's armor with a subtle Force Theme playing in the background always manages to give me chills.

12. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Hmmm Qui Gonn's death was the most dramatic, with all the sith chanting before it happened, and the music score, and the "NOOOOOOOO!!" from Obi.
    I thought the scene was well done.

Unexpected: Jango, i knew he or Mace would prbably die when they fought, but i wasn't sure which one. It happened quickly too.

13. SithTahiri

SithTahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Dramatic-Anakin's
    Unexpected-Jango's

14. PadmeAmidalaNaberrie

PadmeAmidalaNaberrie Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Dramatically speaking I'd actually have to say... Palpatine... I mean, the tension was building, and Darth Vader suddenly picks him up and tosses him in a trench ("Down the trench B*tch!!" lol), followed by Palpatine expoding in a huge concentration of electricity! I mean talk about a scene stealer, it was like a fireworks show!!

Unexpected? Jango. I had no clue, and I was so certain that he would be in EP III, I never thought he'd die. I'm almost still shocked everytime I watch it. Partially because it's so swift and sudden. I mean Qui-Gon was a close contender, but sooner or later in the end battle, you realise (ie: Obi's gasp, Qui-Gon alone vs Darth Maul), that he's a goner.

-*Padmé*-

15. AnikaAnakin

AnikaAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2003
    i think the most dramatic death was that of Darth Vader and the most unexpected was the death of Qui Gon

I completely agree. I couldn't have said it better myself.

16. Skywalker_Vader2be

Skywalker_Vader2be Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Dramatic: Uh...Shmi
    Unexpected: Qui-Gon...man, George Lucas could have at least made the poor man live until Episode II! :_|

17. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    Dramatic: Anikan, Runner Up: Yoda
    Unexpected: Qui-Gon, Runner Up: Jango

18. ValinFett21

ValinFett21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2003
    The Most Dramatic Death was probably Obi-Wans
    The Most Unexpected was probably Qui-Gons

It's fitting.

19. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I can't say the most unexpected was Qui-Gon's, because I could see that coming from a long time away. Qui-Gon plays no part in the OT, and I just couldn't see his role expanding past the end of TPM. He played his role well in the training of Obi-Wan, but I never got the impression that he was meant to make a lasting dent on the SW movies. I can see that he was the one who brought Anakin to the Council and convinced them to train him, but I honestly don't believe he played a huge role outside of that. Obi-Wan played a larger role, as he will span all movies and is esstenial in the downfall of Anakin Skywalker. Yes, Qui-Gon was the stepping stone to get there, but there could have always been another.

Okay, blah blah. I'll move past that. The most unexpected death scene for me, believe it or not, was Obi-Wan. That came out of no where. Oh, I saw it coming when he and Vader started dueling, but I just couldn't believe it prior to then. We hadn't yet been introduced to Yoda, so I was up in turmoil about who would train Luke in the Jedi ways. I was floored. Was Luke going to be a Jedi after all, or just quit because Ben died? You see, it was never really elaborated on before the point that there was a Yoda who could train Luke, so you understand the surprise and shock I felt at the tender age of six. ;)

The most dramtic would be Qui-Gon. The duel leading up to it was spectacular, and I thought it was a fitting end for his part, to die in battle, even though my heart was crying for his death. It was very stunning to see him die, although I thought it was done badly. I don't see how Maul could have flipped his saber up and slammed him. It was unthinkable for me. I thought of Qui-Gon as a better Knight than that, and I thought it could have been better played out.

-Krystal

20. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Dramatic: Vader's

Unexpected: Qui-Gon's. If only it wasn't on the CD case, I would have been more suprised.

21. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'd been spoiled about Qui-Gon's death due to the TPM soundtrack (I mean, "Qui-Gon's Noble End"? Pretty obvious, unless Williams suddenly decided to write a tune about QGJ's ass).

But it was still a dramatic death. Since I heard the sountrack so much before seeing the film, as soon as the whispering chants started I thought "Ohh, here we go. How's he gonna die?" One cheap-shot bash in the face later, Maul skewers him. Very dramatic.

22. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    (I mean, "Qui-Gon's Noble End"? Pretty obvious, unless Williams suddenly decided to write a tune about QGJ's ass).

LOL [face_laugh]

23. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    One cheap-shot bash in the face later, Maul skewers him. Very dramatic.

That's what I'm talking about. One cheap shot. Qui-Gon should have had a better end than that, some more fight to that. I realize that the novel for the movie says that Maul was weakening him with blah blah Sith powers blah blah, but it just didn't come across that way in the movie. It's like he got lucky, which I just don't see happening.

-Krystal

24. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, it was a cheap-shot delivered after many minutes of continuous lightsabre combat. I think Jinn was getting pretty tired by that stage of things, I think a younger QGJ would've been able to fend off Maul long enough for Obi-Wan to rejoin the battle.

Well, I'm getting off topic now ;)

25. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Most Dramatic & Unexpected: Qui-Gon Jinn!!!

I would like to cry every time I see his death scene! And John Williams' music was just brilliant!

I could have written this. Qui-Gon is one of the best characters in OT/PT and I can't understand GL used him only in EpI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.