main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The most dramatic musical moment in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DARTH_CHINA, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Fair enough, then. I'll re-post the lot over at that topic and ask you all to ignore what I posted here.

2. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

DARTHVADER_ANAKIN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2003
    What is the dark side beckons?is that Luke's final duel with Darth Vader, that music there is my favorite.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes, the Dark Side Beckons begins where Luke is hiding under the stairs and Vader finds out about Leia. When it swells with the male voices is when Luke yells "NEVER!!" and jumps out, attacking Vader with anger.

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Funeral Pyre for a Jedi - ROTJ

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. ozzelwasframed

ozzelwasframed Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    For me, it's a toss up between the final duel between Luke and his daddy in 'Jedi' and when Qui Gon slices through the blast door at the begging of TPM (maybe because of the loooooong wait for a new SW movie).

6. Count_Down

Count_Down Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2002
    Without any doubt "The dark side beckons". That floating sound kicks a$$! :D

7. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Music that was dramatic was the music when Qui-Gon and Obi fight against Darth Maul, I like that music there. Also when Anakin turns all mad after his mother's death is dramatic. :D
    There's a lot of dramatic moments with music in SW! :D

8. AnaKanned_Food

AnaKanned_Food Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 20, 2003
    For me it was the The Emperor's Death, just because it was the moment in which Luke cries out to his father and the music almost adds this seemingly sad look to an otherwise stone-death glare of Vader's mask. It's very somber, like we are expecting Luke's death and then... and then Vader turns on his master, the music becoming very triumphant, as he throws him down the tube and the Emperor is killed. Unfortunately, the piece isn't very good on its own and should be watched in context with the movies... that scene never fails to raise the hairs on the back of my neck...ooooo

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Wow, I dunno. I think it's pretty good on it's own. (Yeah, the recording could be better.)

But when I go the ROTJ OS on vinyl in 1983, I wore out the groove on The Emperor.

Of course, after I got the VHS, I would often fast forward and watch the Death Star scenes too.

10. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    someone once told me that there are moments in movies that are so dramatic and overwhelming that no music is necessary.. the moment itself is so filled with pathos that any musical accompaniment would take away from it.. its hard to explain.. but ya.. i've wondered if there'll be a moment like that in Ep III... where the music will just stop and the moment will be so intense that it'll leave you breathless..

11. DjFoNiX

DjFoNiX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Let's see:

TPM: When Darth Maul appears, and when Qui-Gon dies.

AOTC: The BEST is when Shmi dies in Anakin's arms, and he looks up all pissed. I also like when he is looking at the sunset and Padme walks out in 'Return to Tattoine'. The very moment where she hugs him there in the movie.

EPIII: Anxiously awaiting a lot of Imperial March and Vader's Theme.

ANH: Love it right when Obi-Wan dies to a little while afterward when Luke is blasting everything in sight till they take off in the Falcon. That's where it gets very action-packed, when the TIE's come.. whoa.

ESB: Hmm.. there are some good ones. uh.. hmm.. uh.. hmm.. lemme see.. uh.. hmm.. well, maybe I should listen to it more often to find a good one. But, I'm sure it has a good one.

ROTJ: I LOVE 'Leia's News/Light of the Force'!!!!!!!!! OMG! That is SO AWESOME! When Luke is burning dear-old-daddy on the pyre, oooh, I get chills every time I see it!!!

DjFoNiX

12. Obi-WanKenobi715

Obi-WanKenobi715 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    There are so many musical moments I love in the Star Wars trilogy, but my favorite piece of music is the choral chant when Luke lashes out in anger during ROTJ. The music is dark and quiet as Vader stalks the room taunting Luke and when Luke lashes out and says, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the choir begins to chant, I love that piece.

13. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Ah, yes. The Dark Side Beckons. :)

14. Empire2003

Empire2003 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2003
    I have to agree with you their, just when it suddenly erupts into the areana sequence, thats so cool. I also love the bit at around 3 minutes through track 13, when the violin gradually creeps up and the Darth Vader theme tune emerges....classic Star Wars!

15. Darth-Nemasis

Darth-Nemasis Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    #1 The Empire Strikes Back when Han is being lowered in the carbon freeze pit. As him and leia stair at each other and she says I love you and he says I know.
    #2 The finally of The Empire Strikes Back, from the scene where you see all the rebel ships with the Falcon docked underneath the medical frieghter all the way up to the final credits.
    #3 AOTC finally from landing of Lord Tyrannus all the way through to the wedding to ending credits.
    #4 The escape from cloud city when R2 opens the door and you see the Falcon in the back ground and R2 lets off the smoke and you see the laser shots flyen through the smoke and hitting the Falcon, another moving moment.
    #5 Of course when Vader reveils him self to Luke and when Vader dies. I remember being in the theater watching the movie on opening night. It was a full house up in there. People were chearing for certain parts. But I just remember this sadness over every ones face when Vader died. I must admit I felt it to. When Vader died I said to my self thats it. Its over. Even with him calling the Palpatine master he was still the baddest thing walken.

16. BandJEDI57

BandJEDI57 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    i really liked the imperial march at the end of AOTC. It just rung a bell in my head that just stuck as you see the republic crafts lift off and you see the loss of hope on Bail Organa's face. I think it's just that i like dark music!

17. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    That is by far my favorite use of the Imperial March anywhere in Star Wars! I also think AOTC has the best musical ending of any Star Wars film. Welcome, by the way!

18. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'll just reference the scene in which my favorite dramatic cues occur in.

ANH: The First Star Destroyer chases the Blockade Runner.
    C-3PO and R2-D2 escape in the pod.
    Luke looking at the Binary Sunset.
    Obi-Wan appears on screen.
    Luke looking at the bodies of his Aunt and Uncle.
    Alternate cue for Binary Sunset.
    Alderaan being blown up.
    The Falcon is pulled into the Death Star.
    Track 6 of the ANHSE. 2 minutes into it.
    Luke and Leia swing across the chasm.
    Obi-Wans death.
    Luke blowing up the death star.
    Award Ceremony.

TESB:The Imperial Fleet enters Hoth Space.
    Imperial Walkers appear on the horizon.
    TIE's chase the Falcon thru the asteroids.
    The Falcon escapes with the garbage.
    Yoda lifts the X-Wing.
    First viewing Cloud City.
    Han gets Frozen.
    Boba loads Han into Slave 1.
    Luke gets pushed out the window into the chasm.
    Luke calls to Leia for help.
    Any music during the escape from Bespin.
    The ending to the credit music.

ROTJ:Vader arrives on the Death Star II.
    Death of the Rancor.
    Build up to the Sarlacc execution and escape.
    The Emperor arrives on the Death Star II.
    Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor line.
    First shot of the Rebel Fleet.
    C-3PO gets a lift in his chair.
    Leia learns that she is Lukes sister.
    The Rebel fleet prepares to go to lightspeed.
    The Emperor taunts Luke.
    The Rebels hit the trap.
    Vaders cuts the balcony out from lukes feet.
    The Dark Side Beckons.
    The Emperor assaults Luke.
    Anakin Skywalker dies.
    Escaping the Death Star II.
    The funeral pyre. SE Soundtrack version.

TPM: The Trade Federation invading Theed.
    First glimpse of Coruscant at Night.
    Qui-Gon dueling Maul in the desert.
    The Senate building is shown.
    Amidala calls for a vote of no confidence
    Duel of the Fates as we pan up seeing the Theed generators.
    Obi-Wan hanging over the edge of the pit and Maul staring down at him.
    Anakin sending the missiles down the core of the Federation ship.
    The Funeral of Qui-Gon and close up of Sidious.

AOTC:Anakin speaks about Padme not recognizing him.
    Obi-Wan dangles from the Probe Droid.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan enter the industrial district.
    Zam tries to kill Obi-Wan in the club.
    The Refugee Ship goes thru space.
    Anakin and Padme kiss.
    The Clone Parade.
    Anakin goes into the desert for his mother.
    Anakin goes psycho.
    Anakin confesses his Tusken Slaughter to the Darkside theme.
    Anakin dodges the huge blades in the factory.
    Any part of the arena music that was cut.
    The Imperial March returns.
    Anakins theme in the soundtrack credits.

But my favorite dramatic cue is not in any SW movie or soundtrack. It's in the Across the Stars video. It's just after Anakin is shown cutting down a Tusken. The piece of music was so dramatic sounding that it caught me off guard. It wasn't in AOTC so I wonder if they're saving it for EP3.

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    WOW! That's a lot of moments!

20. Darth_Thump

Darth_Thump Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2002
    At the end of ROTJ when Luke loses it after Vader finds out about Leia. For first time viewers (I-VI in that order) that'll be huge.

And of course the Imperial March.

And when the Emperor is frying Luke, the change from the Emperors theme to the Force theme.

Superb stuff!

21. Mavos

Mavos Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    By far the Imperial March at the end of AOTC. Hey, did anyone else notice that in the credits, at the end of the love theme, anikin's theme plays, then melds into the imperial march and the credits end? That also is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool!

22. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah mavos. See my huge list and notice it's the last thing under AOTC.

I love that part. Too bad it didn't make the movie cut. Damn Lucas and his abbraive editing. Ben Burtt too.

23. niu354

niu354 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I'll go with the music while the camera zooms in on Vader's Mask just before he saves Luke

24. Heavenly_Angel

Heavenly_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    to me the most dramatic was the wedding scene @ the end of AOTC, the music was so powerful and the scene was very emotional. i cried, too.

25. coney_1_kenobi

coney_1_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    TPM: Anakin leaving his mother and Qui-gon's death

AOTC: Force theme/DOTF played when Anakin searching for his mother/imp.march in his confession

ANH: look looking out at the twin suns
    Ben's death

ESB: Vader telling Luke he is his father and Leai rescuing Luke

ROTJ: Yoda's death, Luke telling Leia about their family and the final duel/vader's death

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.