main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN the most important thing about aotc: (no spoiler)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Club_333, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SynthLord

SynthLord Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2002
    When I saw Harry Potter at the theater, I thought parts of the score sounded like Anakin's Theme from Ep1. The piece John Williams wrote for the winter Olympics sounds a bit like Duel of the Fates. The guys been writing music for at least 40 years, so I guess we can't expect him to have many original melodys left.

2. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I'm truely sorry I even got involved in this discussion.... back to the happy threads for me. There is enough turmoil in my life that I dont need to get caught up in perpetuated chaos.

Have fun!

;)

3. UnOriginalFryGuy

UnOriginalFryGuy Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Here's another brain teaser for yaaa? Did anyone notice that track 8 'Barny goes to war with the Teletubies' sounds like a certain track 2 'Death to the Mad Hatter ' from Sesame Street Rhymes and the Big Bad Muppet? I did! Weeee!! The Sesame Street Rhymes and the Big Bad Muppet score was also by that gay guy named Gordan, so I guess it's ok he's borrowing from his own music, but still. Kinda creepy.

[image=http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/4fb2c218/bc/My+Folder/HaHa.jpg?bcJ5pE9APV2AEx5v]

4. SynthLord

SynthLord Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2002
    Karen chill out. Is this thread "chaos"? LoL. Maybe you should change your name to Drama-Queen Karendala. Perhaps this will make you feel better.... "George Lucas is my sheperd, I shall not think."

5. OriginalBryGuy

OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Exactly, the world of Star Wars is chaotic!

UnOriginalFryGuy - It's so good to have a fan! Thanks for emulating me soooo well. heh heh

On the music, just pointing out some similarities.

I don't want to see this turn into the "Old Palpatine-like" star wars fans against the "fresh-new-wide-eyed" fans like myself. For the record I was 8 when I saw Jedi in the theatre thanks. It's just not productive.

If you'd like to see my complete review of Episode II and my true feelings for the saga and lucas without me repeating it all here, feel free to check it out.

http://www.originalplots.com/reviews/051602.html

6. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Hey, that was a great review. How come you don't suck and write tripe like some of the big "professional" reviewers? Oh, I know. You still have a soul! How dare you actually write what you feel about a movie? Damn it man, take the low road! Make the audience feel stupid for enjoying it! BE ANOTHER CONNIE CHUNG!!! :D

R2-B9
    (we'll be watching your career with great interest)

7. OriginalBryGuy

OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    R2-B9

I'm not sure if that was an insult, a compliment, or a backhanded one, but for stress and length of this of this thread, I'll simply say, "thanks."

I'd like to take this opportunity to say I think Connie Chung is a [whispering] bitch.

hahahaha

8. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Sorry, I meant that as a compliment. I enjoy movie reviews done with thought and analysis rather than 'how bad can I trash it no matter how much I liked it so I get noticed' mentality.

R2-B9

9. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    maybe amidala IS a servant of palpatine's. let's look at the evidence.

palpatine likes to control both sides of every situation. he has known amidala since birth, being from the same system & all.

amidala is a politician and they are not to be trusted.

amidala IS the person who calls for the vote of no confidence in chancellor valorum. how are we to assume she did not know of his plans to take over the galaxy?

amidala is part of the group that frees anakin. after that, maul is expendable. palpatine uses amidala as a lure to turn anakin.

palpatine himself assures anakin that amidala would never turn down an executive order (to do so would mean her master would punish her).

amidala gives jar jar her vote knowing that he would fall for palpatine's schemes.

when he starts to turn to the dark side, she helps feed his dark side by insisting that they 'bend' the orders of the council to go save master kenobi (proving his love for her by doing her masters bidding).

once on the planet, she expresses her feeling for him knowing that he would do whatever was necessary to save her (even use the dark side).

it is only in the presence of his jedi master that anakin even stops pining over amidala, momentarily, to remember his duty and go after dooku.

amidala gets anakin to further violate the jedi order by marrying him.

if amidala & mon mothma are the same, she would look different because the dark side had marred her good looks as it did palpatine's...

amidala- quiet innocent senator from naboo or willing participant to palpatine's goals?

10. R2-B9

R2-B9 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Oh, she's more than a pawn. She wants to use Anakin to depose Palpatine, and declare herself Empress, with Anakin as her Dark Jedi protector..

Too bad she didn't have the Force as her ally. Then she might have forseen how hosed she was going to be!

R2-B9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.