main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The most important thing we DON'T know.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I thought it would be fun for each of us to nominate the one thing about TFA that we DON'T know yet.

By 'don't know yet' I think we should assume that everything MSW has posted should be taken as fairly likely - i.e. there is no point in saying "We don't know how many scenes Luke will be in" because MSW has said two.

You can add a short theory about what you think the answer is.

I am going to start with UBER - who is he? Is he a Sith? Is he even a force user?

My theory is that he's not strong with the force, that he's just one of the Emperor's flunkies from ROTJ etc, those weird guys in robes etc that look creepy.

What is the one thing we DON'T know yet and your theory about the answer.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I disagree with the idea that everything Making Star Wars has revealed thus far should be taken as 'gospel' because it limits the conversation.

As far as things we don't KNOW, we don't know whether or not there are "legacy" characters in the film.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    I said 'fairly likely' not gospel, anyway...

Who are the 'legacy' characters you're talking about?

4. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ By "legacy" characters, I'm referring to characters connected by blood to the 'original trio' and Anakin. Many people are convinced that we have at least one character in the film who is a direct descendent of the Skywalker line (even if they're a Solo), but, in light of recent comments from George Lucas himself, this is by no means the given that it's been taken to be, and therefore cannot be said to be something that we KNOW about the film.

5. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    The significance of the lightsaber.

6. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

I still think it's got the co-ordinates of Luke on the crystal in some sort of code.

Luke is absent for most of the film
    Kylo Ren is looking for the sabre
    Poe has the Sabre and is trying to protect it from falling into the wrong hands.
    Some of the early concept art had Rose working with crystals
    Lightsabres have crystals
    We know that at the end Rey finds Luke because the Droids decode something

Dra--- likes this.
  7. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

I think it's safe to say at least one of Finn/Rey/Poe or Kylo Ren are either a Luke or Han/Leia daughter/son.

My strong suspicion is Rey & Kylo Ren are the offspring of Han/Leia and the others have no relationship to the previous films characters.

JBFett007 likes this.
  8. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    And I disagree because of George Lucas' most recent comments and the substance thereof, which have revealed that the issue is not nearly the 'given' that people taken it to be.

Moving on, though, another thing we don't KNOW is what leads Leia to send Poe Dameron to Jakku in pursuit of her brother's lost lightsaber.

9. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

George Lucas admitted he knows nothing about the ST though so I'm not sure how much credence you can give to his comments?

Re - The Lightsabre - I think Leia is chasing it because it is the secret to finding Luke.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Blake Starstrider

Blake Starstrider Jedi Master star 2

Apr 19, 2015
    Or even more importantly why the lightsaber fell from the sky and onto Jakku in the first place.

11. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Uber? Like the taxi-alternative?

JBFett007 likes this.
  12. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

My theory for that is that Luke force-pushed it from whatever planet he's on, I guess that's a bit crazy but anythings possible when you're talking about the Force.

13. Jango_Fett21

Apr 9, 2002
    The substance of his comments pretty clearly demonstrates that he knows enough about the film to know that it is no longer based on his stories. It's possible that he's wrong on that front, but it's equally possible that he's correct.

In order to send Poe Dameron after it, she'd have to know it was on Jakku in the first place, begging the question of HOW she'd know it was on Jakku.

dekaneas and Darth Haggai like this.
  14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Is Bob in the movie? :(

15. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    By the way, here are who I think Uber is...one of these guys.

[​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Re - the Lightsabre, I think Luke communicated to Leia through the Force like he did when he was hanging upside down at Cloud City.

17. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    The most important thing we DON'T KNOW is - Where is Luke and why he left, along with the importance of the lightsaber.

18. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    Well, I'd say the most important thing we don't know yet is any of the background story of TFA. We don't know anything about the state of the galaxy, or the factions involved.

Things like those are important, to me at least, as it provides motive for the plot and gives the characters their purpose.

dekaneas likes this.
  19. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    Or maybe he gave it to R2. That scene from the new teaser might be an indication.

20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I am curious about the "flashback" and why it's needed...we have never had one before! I think things are always more mysterious when we are told what happened NOT shown. "The Jedi were the guardians of the galaxy..." "The bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell (Mandell?)" "You fought in the Clone Wars" etc

I think if there is some sort of massacre done in the past by Ren we should be told about it via a character round a campfire scene :)

dekaneas likes this.
  21. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015
    What we don't know and what I am absolutely hoping for is the Gwendoline Christie Chrome Trooper to eventually learn the ways of the force so we can see an homage to the Ralph Mcquarrie concept art
    [​IMG]

dekaneas likes this.
  22. Darth_Dru

Darth_Dru Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2001
    Im gonna go with uber as well. I believe that he is Darth Plagueis. I think that he is the "force" that awakens after being asleep for so many years. And yes, I know Palpatine said he killed him In his sleep. But palpatine also told Anakin that he already knew the secret to cheat death, only to say later on that if they both worked together they can find it out. So, I don't trust what he says. George threw that scene in ROTS for a reason, we've had the Tarkin book reference him and I'm sure lords of the sith will mention him as well. I think he faked his own death to let palpatine and Anakin do all the heavy work (destroy the Jedi, destroy the Republic) and will make his return in ep vii. If you have the gift of immortality, what's 50+ years right? As long as Anakins offspring are around, I think they go hand in hand with Plagueis. He is responsible for the creation of the lineage. However that Is "legends" since it was mentioned in the Plagueis book.

Robert Merrill likes this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Whilst I respect your opinion - I hope we don't.

That picture looks awesome! ...but one of the massive problems I had with the P.T was that EVERYONE had a lightsaber! The scene where Grevious lights up 4 made me die on the inside :)

I think that the lightsaber needs to come out once or twice a film to keep its mystique...and only be used by the very powerful.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  24. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Sim Aloo had been trained somewhat in the Force ( in the old canon ), so there is a chance, I guess.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sim_Aloo

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. DarthPinoy

DarthPinoy Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2014
    Über... The Bespin Saber... The Seven... Luke's exile... I'm hoping the BIG central idea in the next trilogy is enveloped in these elements. So far, though the details of TFA are looking pretty Star Warsy, IMO they're still missing a big, central idea. You can argue that Star Wars never functioned on such a level, but something about a new SW trilogy seems to beg such an idea. Maybe it's the obstacles posed by Sidious and Vader's demise to a Sith resurrection under the Rule of Two (which JJ could have just discarded entirely) or the decisive battle at Endor (yes, an Imperial whatchamacallit could still remain) but Ep7 seems to call for such a big idea. As much as I'm digging these new ideas (see: renegade Storm Trooper) I'm still waiting for that big WOW.

This is a good good thing (all due respect to MSW, of course).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.