main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Most Joyous Spot in the Galaxy (April 1 Mod's Challenge) (L/M & Ben) Author's thanks & replies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Apr 1, 2015.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Title: The Most Joyous Spot in the Galaxy
    Author: Divapilot
    Time Frame: NJO
    Genre: Humor, I hope
    Summary: You know where it is.
    Written for the http://boards.theforce.net/threads/you-are-invited-to-a-mod-challenge-hurry-its-almost-over.50028826/][/url] April 1st Mods’ Challenge: . Write a story in the following parameters: It must be exactly 684 words, include a useless multi tool, a Karkarodon that breaks out into song, the word “SHAZAM!”, and an oversized bean.
    Challenge accepted. Boom.:p

The Most Joyous Spot in the Galaxy

Mara clenched her hand around Ben’s to keep him from bolting from pure excitement. Around them, brightly colored banners competed with jangly music to splinter the child’s attention like a prism. Desperate for reinforcements, Mara turned to her husband.

“So what ride do we want to go on first?” she asked.

Luke glanced away from the map and turned to Mara. “The guides say that we should start in the back, in Puzzle Town, and work our way to the front. That way we aren’t fighting the crowds so much.”

Mara drew her son closer as she looked around. It seemed that thousands of beings had chosen Prima Lirpa as their vacation of choice, and at least ninety percent of the crowd had congregated right here. She didn’t like crowds, but here she was, trapped in the Most Joyous Place in the Galaxy, willingly allowing herself to be jostled by strangers.

“I don’t care. Let’s just move.”

Luke turned back to the map. “If we start in Puzzle Town, we could hit Vegetable World by lunchtime. There’s a restaurant over in Legume Land that serves healthy food.” He touched the screen and an image of a silvery oversized bean appeared. Luke glanced at Ben, who at this point was twisting in Mara’s clutches. “I don’t think he needs any more sucre.”

Ben turned to his parents. “I want to ride the rides!” he wailed, yanking his mother’s arm.

“Puzzle Town it is,” Mara announced. “Let’s move.”

Luke switched off the map. “This isn’t a military assault, Mara. Have some fun.” They began walking but after only a few meters, their attention was diverted by a brightly dressed park entertainer. Ben squealed in delight. “Look!” he cried. “It’s Shazam! The Hero of Music!”

Suddenly the entertainer, a male Karkarodon, broke out into a song:

You may be getting dizzy
    You may be very hot
    But you’ll overcome it quickly
    In this very Joyous Spot!
    You may have come by trolley,
    By a boat or by a bus,
    But whatever way you got here
    By now you’re one of us!

Mara stared. “We’ve been assimilated, Luke.”

Luke laughed again. “Be brave. Here, I got you something from the vendor back there.” He reached into a small bag and retrieved an item, handing it to Mara who frowned as she examined it.

“What is this?”

“A Magical Multi-tool.”

Mara eyed it dubiously. “Aw, come on. It’s cute,” Luke said. He pressed a button and multiple appendages emerged from the device. “This is a clipper. You can use it to clip stuff. And this is a pointer. You can point at things.”

Mara stared at her husband. “You’re serious.”

Luke glanced at Mara as they continued to be dragged along to Puzzle Town by an increasingly excited Ben. “I’m going to get you something at every stop. You’re leaving with an armful of souvenirs.”

“Then I’ll do the same,” she said. “Just wait until we get to Pretty Princess Palace.”

Luke’s eyes light up in exaggerated delight. “Ooh, I hope it’s another tiara. The one I got on Corellia Day is looking a little worn out these days.”

Despite herself, Mara felt a smile on her lips. “You’ll be the prettiest princess around. Prettier than your sister and she’s a professional princess.”

“Well, here’s hoping,” Luke answered. “Hey, let Ben go. He can’t wander far and we’re watching him. He’s over-excited; let him run some of that energy off.”

Mara paused, then released Ben, who glanced backward at her as if seeking permission to explore. She nodded, and, with a wide grin, Ben began to run in circles around his parents, rattling off a list of the park’s rides in the order in which he wanted to go on them.

Mara leaned close to Luke’s ear. “You know where my favorite ride is?” Luke shook his head. She whispered in his ear. “Farmboy Land.”

His eyes widened and he raised an eyebrow. “That area may be open later tonight.”

Mara smirked. “I certainly hope so.” She took his hand and they followed their son into the park.

Tarsier, Kahara, Chyntuck and 6 others like this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Fantabulous and hilarious! [face_laugh] From the Karkarodon's song to Luke's Corellia Day tiara to Ben's rambunctiousness, you really rose to this challenge in a big way. Mucho kudos, ma'am. =D=

Gemma, Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Colour me impressed! You've got everything in AND it all makes sense and is still a coherent and enjoyable read! Well done!

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like stories like this. A family of Force users having a fun day together. No war to fight. No one going dark or berserk. Thanks for this fic!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    divapilot - preciously adorable! You actually took up the unique and zany mods challenge. [face_rofl] And =D= and SQUEE!

Gemma and Findswoman like this.
  6. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    This is gosh darn adorable!!!!!! [face_party] divapilot, you never cease to amaze me with your inventiveness! Though, I should have waited to read yours until after I let the plot bunnies gestate for a while...now I'll never be able to come up with something half as cute! [face_love]

"Farmboy land" was my favorite! [face_laugh] BWAHAHAH!!! Super duper awesome answer to the challenge! You're awesome!

[face_good_luck] Irish

7. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Shazam is like some Sith demon...he has to be, or is just accidentally creepy? o_O

Seriously, this fic is funny and it actually works in a serious plus funny way! You hit every point of the challenge perfectly. :D

Oh, and Luke. tiara. image. priceless. [face_laugh]

Gemma and Findswoman like this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I want to go to Farmboy Land! [face_laugh]

9. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This of course made me Squeee.

I adore the idea of them in an amusement park --- I didn't discover these until I was 19 cause my parents can't handle coasters - motion and them not a good combo. But me I love the coasters and have been to Disney once.

I love the idea of Ben looking back to Mara to ask permission to run off and explore.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    LOVE IT!

Fantastic use of the ridiculous prompts! The useless multi tool was great "And this is a pointer. You can point at things.” [face_laugh]

I also loved the banter about getting Luke a gift at the Pretty Princess Palace and of course, the Farmboy 'ride'.

=D=

Thank you for participating!

11. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I want to go to Farmboy Land, too, but I think Mara probably zealously guards the entrance!

[face_laugh] I see what you did there :p Luke would totally go all out in the Pretty Princess Palace.

This was such a sweet and funny fic, I love little!Ben and the lovely family interaction.

12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl] All of this had me in stitches, but I particularly liked how you brought the Corellia Day tiara into the story. Well done!

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    That was great! Hit a little too close to home since I live 15 minutes from the place Where Dreams Come True. ;)

I wish the real "most joyous place" had Farmboy Land. Then I'd go every day instead of every week! :)

You're right though. Mara would haaaaaate it. Luke would want go see the parades. Although Mara might be impressed by the fireworks.

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Replies to “The Most Joyous Spot in the Galaxy”

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to make it realistic, and that’s how a little boy would react to the overstimulation of an amusement park.

Thanks so much for replying! I’m glad you liked it and it still sounded in character.

Yes, no great decisions to be made or battles to fight. Unless you count waiting in line without a Fast Pass.

Thanks so much! Those prompts were crazy, huh! The only thing that made sense to me was an amusement park. And I bet the GFFA has one just like this.

Farmboy Land would be a very popular area for sure. Thanks for the enthusiastic reply!

Shazam is the Hero of Music! How can you possibly think otherwise!?!? And the tiara reference is compliments of Threadsketch’s picture here
    "Corellia Day" (L/M, kind of crack!fic)
    From JadeLotus’s hysterical fic http://boards.theforce.net/threads/corellia-day-l-m-kind-of-crack-fic.50028346/]Corellia[/url] Day. I couldn’t refuse.
    Thank you so much for your reply! I appreciate it!

Well, WHO DOESN’T????? Thanks for the reply!

Mara probably would be impossible to get past. No one gets an express pass to that attraction.

Yes, I borrowed from fic http://boards.theforce.net/threads/corellia-day-l-m-kind-of-crack-fic.50028346/]Corellia[/url] Day. I hope you didn’t mind! Thank you for the reply and for helping to inspire this wackadoodle fic.

Ben is a good boy and he knows his mother runs a tight ship. But sometimes a little guy has to run around! I like coasters but the Magic Kingdom type, not the Six Flags type. Thank you so much for the reply!

Those stupid souvenirs that have absolutely no practical value…Thanks so much for your reply and for setting up the challenge. It was a good one!!!

Aw, thanks! Luke deserves his pretty princess tiara. Lord knows he has earned it. Thanks so much!

I’ve been to the Happiest Place on Earth at least a dozen times. I sure know what it’s like! I think Luke would be all over the rides while Mara would be hiding in the back of one of the restaurants. But they are first of all great parents, and they would take Ben on that Small World ride twenty times if that was what he wanted. (Did that with my own daughter. She called it the “dolly ride” and wanted to go on and on and on…) Thank you so much for your reply!

15. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Of course not! I got a real kick out of that line :D

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    “Farmboy Land”……I bet that is a most popular ride indeed ;)

This was lovely and it is nice to see a lighter side of Mara.

Great response to the challenge

=D==D==D==D=