main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Most Memorable Image in the prequel trilogy

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by the-siths-revenge, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reckless_as_Luke

Reckless_as_Luke Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2004
    For me it's the shot of Anakin and Padme kissing before being led into the arena on Geonosis followed by the long shots of the Geonosians in the stands.

I also like Qui-Gon walking through the sandstorm on Tatooine and Obi-Wan and Mace fighting back to back in the arena.

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Testing Anakin in Phantom Menace. Preferably the first shot when Anakin's back is to the camera. I don't know why I guess seeing Anakin and the Jedi Council together for the first time and the sunset did it for me.

3. Darth_Hater

Darth_Hater Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    -The hangar doors opening up, revealing the hooded Darth Maul.

-The Pan up wide shot of the Theed Generator Room with all three fighting on the catwalk (right after padme and crew ascend and break through the window). this shot with the chorus of Duel of the Fates...oh man, I remember laughing out loud in the theater because it was so freaking cool.
    George is a genious.

-in episode 2 probably anakin looking up after his mom dies

4. crouchingjedi1

crouchingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    One of my all-time favorite images that I'm surprised no one has mentioned:

From TPM--

Qui-Gon using his lightsaber to melt the door. I remember thinking 2 minutes into the movie and I'm finally seeing real Jedi.

5. Danakin15

Danakin15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    These are my most memorable scenes:

TPM-
    When Obi-Wan says to Qui-Gon, 'Master, Destroyers' while fighting in the Cruiser at the beginning.

When the doors open to Darth Maul with his hood over his head, then he removes his cloak, followed by Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

AOTC-
    When Anakin is zooming along the ground on the speeder going to get his mother and DOTF is playing.

When Anakin is fighting in the droid factory killing all the geonosians buggers.

I can't wait for ROTS.

6. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm probably the only person who will pick this, but my favourite could actually be the Sound of Music shot of Padmé on the Naboo fields, especially with the music playing, its awesome.

If it has to be a "chilling" shot as described in the first post, I guess it could be Maul pacing back and fourth waiting for the barriers to go down while staring at Qui-Gon.

7. KPoland

KPoland Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    One of my most favorites that hasn't been mentioned yet: Dooku whipping out his light sabre to challenge Yoda.

8. Shurlok-Mo-Dicos

Shurlok-Mo-Dicos Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    i agree with slave above..Padmes dress in that scene is one of the most beautiful pieces of costume design ever..

I also loved liam neeson pushing harder and the door melting at the beginning of TPM the music q really works here.

Strangely a moment i really like in aotc is anakin stopping and questioning the jawas.. I love the composition of that shot..

Unexplicably just as its never quite explained in the film as well theres nothing wrong with padme showing a little flesh by the end of the battle, though she was lucky it tore into such a skinny t shirt design wasnt she?

9. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    TPM: When Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon first ignighte their sabers.

AOTC:When Mace first steps onto the Balcony to when the last jedi turns on their sabers

ROTS:(is this a spoiler?)When mace and posse enter Palps office(as seen in the trailer)

10. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    TPM: When Maul reveals himself again to the jedi in the hanger and Ignites his saber first onside then the other.
    or When Obi wan and Qui Gon take their hoods off in the begining(When I saw TPM in the thearter the first time everyone cheared when this happened).

AOTC: Anakin mediating on the balcony of the lake house. This is real bit of foreshadowing of who he is to be (his hands behind his back, his posture all are Darth Vader, from ESB and ROTJ staring out the Star destroyer viewports)
    or
    The entire bit as soon as Shmi dies, the looks shown in Anakins face going from sadness to rage and then the look of utter hatred and then his stare after he brings the body back to the homestead gave me chills.

11. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I agree with a lot of the posts so far, particularly Yoda lighting up against Dooku and Maul doing likewise against Quigon and Obiwan.

Another scene that really tears me up every time is when Anakin leaves his mother to go with Quigon. After seeing what happens in AOTC, this scene becomes even more emotional.

I have a feeling ROTS will produce a few contenders for best scene of the PT too.

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    yes, Anakin meditating in Varykino sounds pretty cool. Especially if Lucasfilm puts the Vared's breathing like in AOTC trailer.

13. Taivasvaeltaja

Taivasvaeltaja Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    This one...

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/3019.jpg]

... and this one.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/aotc90.jpg]

Without forgetting this one.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/viagara.jpg]

Sheer visual magic.

14. DarthMaul583

DarthMaul583 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    [image=http://img226.echo.cx/img226/272/pdvd00018dx.jpg]

Anything that this man does.

15. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    [image=http://img204.echo.cx/img204/5235/arena26x2ib.jpg]

[image=http://img204.echo.cx/img204/1023/star0kf.jpg]

Nice mirror. Those two images really got to me. Just so...I mean. Cool. heh. :) Thanx to Darth-Amedda. Good find. :cool:

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/aotc90.jpg]

This one, no doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.