The most memorable scenes

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by __Vader__, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. __Vader__ Force Ghost

star 3
    Im new here =)

What were the best scenes from each movie?

TPM-Obi/qui-gon/darth maul
    AOTC-Very ending scene, loved the music.
    ROTS-spoilers here
    ANH-cantina scene (just magic)
    ESB-Luuuke, I am your father.....
    ROTJ-VaderandLuke/endorbattle/assault on the death star
  2. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    TPM: Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul (Tatooine)
    AOTC: The Tusken Slaughter
    The climax
    ROTS: Yoda vs. Palpatine (one of theb est fights of the saga)
    The beginning of the Jedi Purge
    Palpatine's Declaration of Empire
    ANH: Luke destroying the Death Star
    ESB: "I love you." "I know."
    ROTJ: Final Duel
    Anakin's redemption
    Sail barge Battle

Best moment of the entire saga? It's a three way tie:

Beginning of the Jedi Purge (ROTS)
    Palpatine's Declaration of Empire/Separatist Slaughter (ROTS)
    Anakin's redemption (ROTJ)

3. Force-Keeper Force Ghost

star 5
    TPM: The Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Darth Maul fight.

AOTC: The arena battle.

ROTS: Order 66/Jedi Purge sequence.

ANH: All the events inside the Death Star.

ESB: Luke vs. Vader / "I am you're father!?

ROTJ: Luke vs. Vader round two.
  4. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Lets be sure to mention why they are our favorites or why they are significant.

The Phantom Menace- The funeral of Qui-Gon. It seems like a perfect lead into the rest of the trilogy. A gathering of all the important figures of the trilogy as they try to figure out what will happen next. The music and lighting are perfect. A close second is the scenes between Palpatine and Padme, as they discuss Galactic Politics. The return to Naboo, and farewell to Shimi are also favorites. Most important line is: "But you can't stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting."

Attack of the Clones- Personally my favorite scene is the Senate Scene. "I love Democracy, I love the Republic...." Just a perfect scene. One of the ones I've always loved is 3P0 and R2 bickering on the ship on Geonosis.

Revenge of the Sith- I'm really not sure, I have so many favorites. The Opera Scene, the scene where Palpatine reveals the truth to Anakin (where Anakin pulls out the lightsaber), the scene of Bail, Yoda and Obi-Wan discussing the course of action. I think my favorite though is the landing platform on Mustafar. To see Anakin and Padme's relationship shatter and then to see Obi-Wan step in. Obi-Wan's lines as he walks down the ramp are among my favorite in the saga. I really can't rave enough about some of these scenes.

A New Hope- The introduction to Obi-Wan is one of my favorites. "The Judland wastes are not to be traveled lightly." Another favorite is the moments after the explosion of the Death Star. The music is so perfect at that point.

The Empire Strikes Back- The introduction to insane Yoda is very amusing. However my favorite scene is Han Solo taking them into the asteroid field. Leia is emotional, 3P0 is distressed, Chewie is unsure, Han is confident. It is just perfect, and as always the music is great there.

Return of the Jedi- When Vader says "If you will not be turned, then perhaps she will." This is the final confrontation, the emotions are as intense as the saber blades. It is just fantastic.

-Seldon
  5. Wrathchild86 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here we go again.

TPM - Qui-Gons funureal.
    AOTC - Tusken camp.
    ROTS - The whole Anakin VS Obi-Wan duel(most powerfull scene in the saga)
    ANH - Battle of Yavin.
    TESB - I am your father.
    ROTJ - Vader saves Luke.
  6. Solo_So_Low Jedi Youngling

star 1
    TPM - qui gon + obi wan vs darth maul. apart from ROTS this is the best coriographed (sp?) fight scene in the entire saga.

AOTC - the battle on geonosis. just seeing all the clones and all the droids, and all the explosions = amazing

ROTS - so many to choose from! Vader vs Obi wan. Vader's killing spree.

ANH - Death star run of course.

ESB - Vader vs luke. my favourite in the OT not just for the "father" line, but its the most action packed and intense.

ROTJ - Luke about to strike Palpatine + vaders red lightsabre intercepts. excellent
  7. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I've seen it three times.
    All of the Mustafar scenes involving the interaction of Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme are very strong. I believe the most powerful in the entire saga.

It is as intense as the eruptions of the planet.
    Especially the confrontations on the landing platform and the final meeting on the larva beach.

So powerful, so intense, so emotional, so brilliant.
    I really can't wait to have this on DVD.

-Seldon
  8. tessasolo Jedi Knight

star 1

ANH- binary sunset
    just magic i loved it.

ESB- the falcan scenes
    i just like han and leia's tranistions in these scenes.

ROTJ- vaders cremation- The passion in the vader/ luke duel
    i like the closing scenes it brings such happyness and i like how it completes everything and when vader says " sister" in their duel and luke reveals himself with such passion it's so emotional

TPM- when ani talks with Amidala
    i dont really like much of this movie but i love how padmé knows its him the whole time its just cute.

AOTC- tusken slaughter/ the exicution scene
    i like both of these cause i just do.

ROTS- Binary sunset
    to bring it all 360 degrees this scene brings tears to my eyes/ ball like a baby
  9. shickdog Jedi Padawan

Menace -- Maul vs. Obi-Wan
    Clones -- Yoda vs. Dooku
    Sith -- Order 66 was so powerful and emotional
    Star Wars -- Death Star hallways (Han's charge and Luke/Leia swing across chasm)
    Empire -- (tie) Imperial Walkers/Asteroid Field
    Jedi -- Vader saves Luke and destroys the Sith in one act
  10. forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    TPM: Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon vs. Maul. Just jaw-dropping action, highly kinetic, wonderful music, great to see the prime of the Jedi before it all fell apart.

AotC: the scene near the end where the clones are all boarding the huge ships - a foreboding, chilly feeling as the Imperial theme plays.
    RotS: Mustafar duel - so emotional, tragic with the fires of hell in the background. Also, Order 66.

ANH: too many (my all-time favorite episode); 3PO walking alone in the desert; binary sunset, Jundland wastes, Leia's holo in Obi's hut, introduction of Chewie/Han + cantina, Obi-Wan disappearing, Luke's trench run to destroy DS1.

ESB: Dagobah - Luke meets Yoda!! The light side of the Force.

RotJ: "It's too late for me,son". The funeral. Celebrations on Endor.
  11. khabarakh23 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good Topic

TPM- Has to Obi-Wan/Maul after Qui-gonn dies. Before then it is still excellent but after- whoa. the vbest lightsaber duel in all 6.

AOTC- Tusken slaughter-brilliantly done, especially when contrasted with luke on tatooine in ANH

RoTS- either vader leading the army into the jedi temple - i onestly don't think that scene could be done any better. or yoda casually force throwing the imperial guards when he confront palpatine

ANH- 'you're a little short for a stormtrooper' scene.

ESB- luke first meetin yoda

RoTJ- vader/luke final duel
  12. CRISPY_UNCLE_OWEN Jedi Knight

star 1
    ESB: Vader reveals to Luke that he is Anakin Skywalker

ROTS: Three words: I HATE YOU *burns*

ROTJ: The Vader-Luke conversation held on Endor ("Obi-wan once thought as you do")

ROTS: "And the Jedi don't?"

ANH: Ben giving Luke a rundown of the Prequels at his home on Tattoine, ending with Ben giving Luke Anakin's lightsaber

ESB: The Carbon Freezing Chamber Duel

ROTJ: Any scenes involving Luke, Vader & The Emperor

ROTJ: The end Ghost scene from the DVD with a young-looking Anakin

TPM: The Naboo Hangar Duel

ANH: Luke & Leia's first meeting ("A little short for a stormtrooper" scene)

ANH: Luke and Uncle Owen discuss Anakin and Obi-Wan over dinner and Blue milk

AOTC: Anakin admits to Padme that he slaughtered the whole village of Tusken Raiders who had captured and killed his mother.
  13. olorinrides Jedi Knight

star 1
    TPM - maul vs. obi
    AOTC - the rescue of obi/anakin/padme on geonosis
    ROTS - Bail and Yoda and Obi talking after the birth of luke and leia
    ANH - Luke gazing at the two-sun sets
    TESB - Yoda lifts the x-wing out of the swamp
    ROTJ - "if you will turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will" and the ensuing dual

14. Chewie_Bone Jedi Knight

To make a long story short: all the climaxes. There are some other good scenes but that pretty much sums it up. Unless there was a brutal death of Jar Jar....lol! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_beatup]
  15. BIGHUGENOOB Jedi Padawan

The most memorable scene in the entire saga ,for me,but apparently not for most people,was the final battle between Luke and Vader,that's a scene that really makes my hair stand on end. Particularly the end of the battle when Luke is reacting to Vader's discovery of his sister. The fighting and music and everything come together really well.
  16. SithLord4488 Jedi Knight

star 1
    the best scene was definitely "LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER"!
  17. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    anh
    - The fly over of the star destroyrer (I can't believe no one has stated it yet. From this point on, you knew you were in for a ride.)
    - The introduction of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Sir Alec puts so much, in terms of physical reactions, that the pt is possible.

tesb
    - "I am your Father"
    - The Introduction of Yoda. Heck all scenes involving Yoda.

rotj
    - Slave Outfit Leia
    - Throne Room Scene - The Emperor rocked
    - "The Force is strong in my family. I have it. My father has it. My sister has it. Sense your feelings"

tpm
    - "Obi-Wan Kenobi meet Anakin Skywalker"
    - The Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul duel

aotc
    - "How Come I have the feeling you will be the death of me"
    - Obi-Wan's conversation w/ Jango or Geonosis, takes on greater magnatude following Order 66
    - Dooku's interogation of Obi-Wan

rots
    - Order 66, so sad, edited perfectly
    - Yoda and Palps dueling as Palps podium rises into the Senate. They are fighting for the Galaxy in its very heart. So appropiate.
    - The Duel. Everything we could have hoped for, in terms of action, dialogue, and drama.

This list could be alot longer.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.