main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Most powerful force Users in the NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Durron001, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durron001

Durron001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    I was wondering what you people would list as the top ten most powerful jedi(midichlorians and experience, e.t.c.) in the NJO. Here is mine:
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Kyp Durron
    3. Anakin Solo
    4. Mara Jade Skywalker
    5. Jacen Solo
    6. Jaina Solo
    7. Kam Solusar
    8. Corran Horn
    9. don't know
    10.don't know

2. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Very interesting question!

Here's my list (note that in my list, there is HUGE gap from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3). Also note that my list shows who's more powerful within the Force - not just in terms of fighting and TK and being aggressive, but also in terms of potential in predicting the future and pure instinct within the Force.

1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Mara Jade Skywalker
    3. Jacen Solo (tie)
    3. Jaina Solo (tie)
    5. Anakin Solo
    6. Kyp Durron
    7. Corran Horn
    8. Ganner Rhynosode
    9. Tahiri
    10. Ben Skywalker (son of Luke and Mara? Cmon, he's gotta be here!)

I'm sure we are going to have alot of debate about who's the more powerful Force user amongst the Solo children. I'm sorry, but when Jacen is actively using the Force and has what he called that inner peace with the Force in Vector Prime, he's the better Force user (as opposed the Anakin). The authors are trying to make up for this by making Anakin more aggressive and action-oriented, but just like Luke is a better (and smarter) Force user than Kyp, so is Jacen better than Anakin. Jacen can fight when he wants to, but he is also in search of a greater, more meaningful existence within the Force. He is also more attuned to the Force after BP (sensing something wrong with Viqi Shesh remember).

3. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    Seriously, Tahiri has no reason to be even near the spot you put her in just because Anakin likes her. And Kyp is stronger than the the solo kids(especially the twins, do you really think Jaina could stand up to Kyp if he wanted to kick her ass)and in seniority he is right under Luke with about 15 years on the job now( Mara has like 8). And Corran is a weak-ass jedi. Telekinesis is the most widely recognized ability of a jedi and he doesn't even have it. Unfortunately we have MS making him out to be another Luke Skywalker.

4. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Luke
    Kyp
    Corran Horn
    Kyle Kataarn
    Mara
    Anakin
    Ganner

5. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    In terms of raw ability, I'm prone to go with the Skywalker blood line:

Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa Solo
    Anakin Solo
    Jacen Solo
    Jaina Solo

I'd have to think that the following also have strong "Force-sensitivity."

Mara Jade Skywalker
    Kyp Durron

After that . . . who knows? Perhaps Master Ikrit? I dunno.

6. DarthGanner

DarthGanner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    hmmmmm. . . .toughie. heres my top 10
    1.ganner (for obvious reasons)
    2.luke
    3.corran
    4.kyp
    5.mara
    6.anakin
    7.jaina
    8.jacen
    9.leia
    10.kam solusar-havent seen him in action much but would like to see him kick some vong @$$ [face_devil]

7. SnapHiss

SnapHiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2001
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Kyp Durron
    3. Mara Jade Skywalker
    4. Anakin Solo
    5. Jacen Solo
    6. Jaina Solo
    7. Corran Horn
    8. Ganner
    9. Ben Skywalker ???
    10. don't know

8. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Kyp Durron
    3. Anakin Solo
    4. Corran Horn
    5. Ganner
    6. Jaina
    7. Jacen
    8. Mara Jade Skywalker
    9. Cigal
    10. Ben Skywalker

9. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    You may be right about Tahiri, but I strongly disagree with you about Kyp having better command over the Force than the Solo kids. Kyp and Kyp's actions are the darkest which actually means rather than controlling the Force he's letting the dark side manipulate him more. Also note that the powerful jedi that followed him most closely, namely Miko Reglia and Wurth Skidder are now dead. Kyp is a strong and powerful jedi, dont get wrong, and he should definitely be around until the very end because he is the complete antithesis of Jacen (which is why I believe jacen should be around too).

Having strong abilities within the Force implies something MORE than having TK power and being aggressive like Kyp, which is what the whole jacen character is based on. Most of you may not like him, but the Solo kids, especially jacen, are the most complete jedi after Luke and Mara IMHO.

10. AurraMouse

AurraMouse Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
    Durron and Vergere: Guess you never read Junior Jedi Knights,huh?
    In it, Ikrit basically describes Tahiri and Anakin as the new chosen ones. And dont forget the sum of Anakin and Tahiri's power powers.

11. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    1.Luke
    2.Kyp
    3.Anakin
    4.Jaina
    5.Leia
    6.Kam
    7.Mara
    8.Corran
    9.Cilghal
    10.tahiri w/anakin

Jacen should not be on anyone's list since the question is Most powerful force User. Not "complete jedi."

12. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    Even if you look at it from the most powerful force-user perspective and not the most "complete," when Jacen is fighting, he truly is one of the best "force users." Sensing things via the force, whether it be meditation or otherwise, *uses the force* also.

In VP, jacen consistently beats anakin in simulation. At the end of VP, it was jacen who devised the plan to destroy the ice planet of Helska with the drill and save Danni.

Since jacen is a more powerful *force user* and more wise by far, the authors have made Anakin more aggressive and action-oriented to give anakin a much more well-defined characterization.

In BP, when jacen actually does open to force, no one could beat him. He was surrounded by Vong warriors at the end of BP and still handles them easily with the Force, and Lah actually backs away from Jacen at one point (re-read that part). Even in Rebirth, Jacen handles a couple of Vong (whoa, big deal i know :). When jacen is using the force for the reasons he believes is just, i dont think anyone can doubt his ability.

Of course jacen has had his mishaps, most notably the one in DT 1: Onslaught when he got caught, but thats part of what makes Jacen much more fun to read than Anakin or Kyp. Jacen has ups and downs and asks those tough questions which everyone hates him for.

13. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Vergere, I can't subscribe to the theory that Kyp's "strength," (or lack thereof), in the Force is somehow tied to those have have followed him and died.

Luke has had several Force-sensitives die in his wake - for example, Dev Sebarra (sp?), Empajokos Brand (sp?), Raf Ysanna (sp?), Jem Ysanna (sp?), Gantoris, Dolph/Kueller, Cray Mingla, Nichos Marr, Brakiss, Dorsk 81, Dorsk 82 (presumably), Seyerin Itoklos (presumably), Swilja Fenn (presumably) etc. etc.

I just don't see the correlation.

But then again, I have no idea what is meant by "most powerful Force users." Economic power? Military power? Criminal power? Wealth? Land mass/territory? Influence, political or otherwise? Strength in the Light Side? Strength in the Dark Side? Living Force? Unifying Force? "Overall" Force? Etc. Etc.

14. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    Ana Vitorrian, you are right. There is absolutely no basis for the correlation between those who have died following you, and your strength (or lackthereof) in the Force.

I simply meant to point out that I don't believe Kyp exudes the same level of responsibility of a leader in the Force that Luke does or maybe Jacen will in the future. When you are a leader, especially powerful ones like Luke and Kyp, you have a responsiblity to those who follow you - not only their lives, but their actions. I think Luke understands this whereas Kyp is a bit more near-sighted.

15. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    Also, I don't believe anyone can answer for you what is exactly meant by "the most powerful Force-user," since the concept of the Force is still vague to many SW & EU alike. It is more akin to a religion than a straight-forward definition.

16. DemolitionBoy

DemolitionBoy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2001
    1. Luke-pretty obvious
    2. Anakin Solo-well I just think hes the strogest of the Solo kids and higher than Kyp
    3. Leia-ya gotta give her something. she IS a Skywalker
    4. Mara-I dont think shes reached her full potential
    5/5. Jacen/Jaina-theyre about the same
    7. Ganner Rhysode-he turned out to be a good guy
    8. Ben Skywalker-like Leia plus hes only a baby
    9. Kam Solusar-he knows what hes doing
    10. Corran Horn-I think hes a good Jedi

17. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    How are people putting Ben Skywalker on this list. He hasn't done anything yet. Tahiri is a joke. She doesn't deserve to be on the list. Maybe when Anakin's there the two of them are strong, but when she has to do it by herself she's not nearly as strong and Anakin usually has to come to the rescue. Leia isn't even a Jedi Apprentice. How can she be one of the top 10 most powerful force users. Lists like these often turn into jokes and this one is no exception. People just writing their favorite characters in.

18. CG-Realms

CG-Realms Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Mara Jade Skywalker
    3. Anakin Solo
    4. Tahiri (Whatever her last name is?)
    5. Jacen Solo (tie)
    5. Jaina Solo (tie)
    6. Kyp Durron
    7. Corran Horn
    8. Kam Solusar
    9. Valin Horn
    10.Vergere (yet to be demonstrated)

Note that this isn't my list of the most force capable persons... Mara Jade would be much lower on the list, Anakin would be a very close second to Luke, and Leia would be tied for first. However, training and other such things move them around. Based on what has been demonstrated in the NJO, these are the people who have been portrayed as the most powerful with the force, except for Vergere, whom we can assume from Rogue Planet is quite an adept Jedi, until it is proven otherwise.

19. GumballMachineBandit

GumballMachineBandit Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2001
    Direct quote from Durron001:
    "And Corran is a weak-ass jedi. Telekinesis is the most widely recognized ability of a jedi and he doesn't even have it. Unfortunately we have MS making him out to be another Luke Skywalker. "

So, since Corran doesn't have the ability to use a very widely recognized force power, that makes him weak? What about the powers he does have? He is incredibly powerful in the alter-mind area,enough so that he can affect an entire colony worth of people, which, by the way, is also a very widely recognized Jedi power. How many Jedi can absorb the blasts from a warehouse full of laser mines, proceed to absorb the energy from the explosives that follow the mines, and walk away? If that ain't powerful, I don't know what is. With your logic, you could also say that Nazi Generals were the dumbest people on Earth because they lost, and well, winning is a very recognized thing. Since they don't have what is recognized, they're morons. In fact, those Generals were brilliant, but oversight and management from a certain someone above them hindered their progress and made them lose.

Anyway, now that that is over, I don't know that I could really make a list. Most powerful in what way? Who can lift the biggest rock? Who can use their maximum force power for the longest time, endurance-related, 'cause if that is the case, Skywalker ain't #1.

20. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Anakin would wipe the floor with jacen now.

remember, using the force is a talent gradually learned, jacen's withdrawal has set him back quite a bit.

The helska idea was pure brains, his belkadan vision was a mess. I just don't think the force is strong with him anymore. It's like a spurned lover.

21. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'd say Luke and Kyp. Then Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina.

Can we please drop the the Jade? She's married.

I don't like Tahiri. Her and Anakin seem like the dorky Super Twins on Superfriends.

"Shape of a rancor!" Form of water!" *Connects rings and makes a big purple lighting.*

22. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    There is a reason Kyp is a master and people are writing him off because they don't like him. I can honestly say that if it had been Kyp instead of Jacen fighting Tsavong Lah they would need a new warmaster. And Jaina can only fly and even at that she is overrated. She should never have beaten Kyp by that much in Lando's Folly, because Kyp is also a very talented pilot(Skywalker class). And Ben should not be on here because of his irrelevance in the NJO due to his being an INFANT.

23. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    There is a reason Kyp is a master and people are writing him off because they don't like him. I can honestly say that if it had been Kyp instead of Jacen fighting Tsavong Lah they would need a new warmaster. And Jaina can only fly and even at that she is overrated. She should never have beaten Kyp by that much in Lando's Folly, because Kyp is also a very talented pilot(Skywalker class). And Ben should not be on here because of his irrelevance in the NJO due to his being an INFANT.

24. Lady_Cat

Lady_Cat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001

This looks like fun. I just have to give it a shot. My list goes like this;

#1 Luke
    #2 Kyp
    #3 Ganner
    #4 Corran
    #5 Anakin
    #6 Jaina
    #7 Jacen
    #8 Mara
    #9 Leia
    #10 ?

Leia has a lot of potential but hasn't explored it very much.

I keep rearranging the order that the Solo kids fall in. I think that they are all three pretty close and it's hard to rank them against each other. I also think in time they will rise in rank but not surpass Luke.

25. silverblade

silverblade Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2001
    Durron, the fact remains that Jaina did beat Kyp by a large margin at Lando's folly. So, no matter how much you WANT her to be less powerful than Kyp, she is obviously superior to him some ways. The only unquestionable edge he has over her is experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.