main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Most Powerful Jedi of All-Time is... ... ... ...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MasterJayofHeaven4c, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterJayofHeaven4c

MasterJayofHeaven4c Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    In my opinion, Luke becomes the most powerful Jedi ever. I understand that the effects of the classic films are not near as impressive as the prequels, however, I've come to believe that maybe a few years after ROTJ Luke becomes the most powerful force user in history. Second would rank Yoda, third would be Obi-Wan Kenobi, and fourth would be a close tie between Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker. Keep in mind however, that once Anakin flips over to the dark side that he is practically equal with Obi-Wan in every form and fashion. That is why the Kenobi vs. Anakin duel is so awesome: perfect balance between combatants.

Strilo edit: If this list is all the Jedi from the films, it belongs in SW Community. If it is ALL Jedi ever it belongs in EU Community. it does not, however, belong in PT.

2. SixEagle

SixEagle Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    "Keep in mind however, that once Anakin flips over to the dark side that he is practically equal with Obi-Wan in every form and fashion. That is why the Kenobi vs. Anakin duel is so awesome: perfect balance between combatants."

I disagree with this, and I see it used all the time. "Obi-Wan is stronger than Anakin because...."

You can't go by a single fight. Anakin beat Dooku, who had previously beaten Obi-Wan (twice, AOTC and just seconds earlier in ROTS), and also fought Yoda to a standstill. So by that logic, Anakin > Yoda.

That one fight isn't the be all, tell all. Anakin didn't lose that fight because of fighting ability or force power, but because of ego and emotion.

I can't say Luke, because I consider that a hypothetical. If we're going by hypotheticals, might as well consider what Anakin would have been like without the suit.

I'd go:
    1) Anakin (pre-suit, pre turn. The one that killed Dooku, and saved Obi-Wan 2x in one day)
    2) Luke
    3) Yoda
    4) Mace
    5) Obi-Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.