main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The most touching scene in the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by AVECEASAR, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    When I saw this thread title, the scene that immediately came to mind was the end of ESB, where Luke comforts Leia as they watch the Falcon blast away to rescue Han. The galaxy in the backdrop and the music made for a touching scene.

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    yes, look at my logo and we can both reminise on that scene, its one of my faves next to anakin dying and yoda dying and the marriage at the end of AOTC.

john williams music makes it.

3. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    The most touching scene in the saga would be at the end of ROTJ when Luke is helping his father take off the mask so that Anakin can finally look upon Luke with his own eyes. I cry like a baby every time I see watched that part. :_| The other scene that comes close is the wedding at the end of AOTC! [face_love]

4. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    The "tell your sister, you were right" scene gets me :_| also the end of Qui-Gon's death scene where Obi-Wan is holding him and visibly distraught was well done and touching.

sg

5. Tokio_Drifter

Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2003
    I could possibly come up with thousands of scenes, and I normally tend to post at least 5 or so...but this time arround i'll bring forth just one. :)

And it's the final scene of the whole saga: The celebration. The sheer happiness, the dancing, the return to innocence (even in the fact the children(!) in the chorus sing meaningless words), the return to nature feel, the music which goes perfect with the return to nature theme, etc...

The celibration makes me sincerely happy; it puts a smile on my face and, at the same time, tears on my cheek. It makes me feel complete.

6. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    When Luke kisses Leia on the cheek in the Ewok village and leaves to confront their father.

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Lots of good ones here. I'd probably go with Vader's funeral pyre or Yoda's death scene (the whole thing, but especially "your father he is".

But the one scene I would rank up with these two has only been mentioned once, by 3263827 (nice name ;)). And that, of course, is in ESB when Luke calls out "Leia! Hear me! Leia!", and we cut to Leia aboard the Falcon with a desperate Force Theme swelling...

LOL, that track is playing on iTunes as I type this! :D

8. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I have so many favorites. Here they are in order.

1.Luke & Leia balcony scene in ROTJ when Leia found out Luke was her brother-I don't even know how to explain it!

2.The ewok celebration in ROTJ when Luke & Leia embraced each other- To me that signified their first true hug as brother & sister.

3.The scene in ROTJ when Leia was talking to Han about how she loved Luke but not in the way Han thought-cute scene.

4.The scene in ROTJ when Vader was dying and Luke was with him and when Vader said, "Tell your sister, you were right."-Don't even know how to put it into words.

9. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    For me, the saddest scene in the OT was the final duel between Ani/Vader and Luke. The more touching scenes may well have been immediately after, when Vader rescues Luke and kills the emperor and when Luke unmasks Vader, but I think the saddest scene was the duel as they were dueling as son against father.

I also thought the saddest scene in PT is where Anakin runs back to his mom as says he can't leave her and Shmi then tells Anakin to be brave and don't look back, turns him around and pushes him away. As others have pointed out, Jake Lloyd did an awesome job playing that scene and despite what others may say, I thought for a 9 year old he did an excellent job of playing young Anakin thruout the movie. Again, some other scenes, such as when Anakin returns and attempts to save his mother and she dies in his arms are touching, but they didn't quite bring a tear to my eyes the way the above scene in TPM did.

:)

10. QueenLeia

QueenLeia Jedi Youngling star 7

Aug 15, 2004
    Either Luke looking at the two sun/moon during ANH or Luke unmasking Vader at the end of ROTJ.

11. Enzuru

Enzuru Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2004
    I don't know why many people didn't post this, but in my opinion...

When Luke stood up the Emperor, and like a true Jedi put his lightsaber away. And then he said one of the greatest lines in cinematic history

"Never. I'll never turn to the darkside. You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

That kinda sums up all six movies right there.

12. jeajon126

jeajon126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Tie between Shmi's Death & Anakin's Death

13. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    It's amazing how many there are isn't it, and it's 'touching' scenes that really do it for me in a film, if they're done well.

Watching the films now, the Yoda-Luke scene on Dagobah in ROTJ has as much power now, if not more, than ever. I've also always loved the line "You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me" - not so much because of the reference to his father, but his devout faith in the title 'Jedi'.
    And of course, my logo says it all.

But at the moment, well, ever since the release of AOTC actually, Anakin's line of "I miss you mom.... SO MUCH!" has been my number one heart-string tugger.

Also, I'd like to give special mention to R2-D2. Two scenes: when he's pulled out of Luke's x-wing at the end of the Battle of Yavin; and when he's dancing with Wicket (I think) at the end of ROTJ - classic R2.

14. thx8008

thx8008 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2004
    Two scenes: When Luke attacks Vader after he had found out about Leia, the music, the anger in Luke, as if he is almost to give in to the dark side.
    For just a moment your not really sure.

And: Ahh, the wedding. beautiful ending. lifted the whole movie. all the cheesy lines earlier are forgiven...

15. woj101

Feb 19, 2000
    I am very much hoping that the final scene of ROTS will be incredibly 'touching'. Either that or GL uses it to introduce a huge twist that nobody is anticipating.

16. IchiTheKiller

IchiTheKiller Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2004
    The whole unmasking scene is very emotional and also the burning of vaders armor. I can feel Lukes pain there.It is like a kid who has droped his ice cream.

Also i love the "It is...to late for me.." scene.
    Its the first time you actualy see a real human side of Vader. And the way he stands on the balkony after Luke has left with the stormtroopers you can see that the conflict within him has increased , and it is soo sad cause he is all alone , he has no one to turn to but himself.
    Great performances by both David Prowse with the body language and Earl Jones is a god when delivering such lines.

17. SithMaster91

SithMaster91 Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2004
    Mine is when Darth Maul dies.(sob) He was my favorite! But for real, it's probably when Anakin leaves his mother.

18. ChocolateMilkSamurai

ChocolateMilkSamurai Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2004
    Wow, I've vowed not to watch the saga again until the DVDs are released, but this thread is making it hard. These are the scenes for me:

TPM: Anakin's goodbye to Shmi, the Coruscant sunset where Quigon tells Obiwan you still have much to learn, the closeup of Quigon's face when he's stabbed and when Obiwan screams, "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

AOTC: Anakin's arival on the Lars homestead up to Anakin's departure from the homestead and the last scene with Dorme (because I'm in love with Rose Byrne)

ANH: Duel Sunset, Luke screams "NOOOOO!", where Luke discovers the destroyed Lars homestead, Vader holding Leia back as she watches everyone she knows get all blowed up.

ESB: The whole carbon freezing scene, Vader's double-take at the Falcon jumping into hyperdrive and calmly walking away (he was even too sad to kill Piett)

ROTJ: What Darthette said, and Luke asking Leia about their mother

19. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Enzuru: You're right, that scene is incredible.

- Never! I'll never turn to the dark side! You failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

Could it get more powerful than that?!

20. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I think the whole sequence from the end of the duel in ROTJ to Anakin throwing Palpatine down the shaft is the most touching in the entire series.

First we see Luke, the good one, resisting evil. The good side finally triumphs when the situation is at its most desperate.

Then Anakin fulfills his promise of stopping people from dying. He saves Luke and in effect probably saves many rebels and later citizens who are freed from the empire.

21. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I would say Anakin's death scene. My spine tingles every time I see it.

22. woj101

Feb 19, 2000
    Some above has reminded me to mention the line in TESB: "Save your strength. They'll be another time..." - frog in the throat everytime.

23. ChocolateMilkSamurai

ChocolateMilkSamurai Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2004
    woj101, I'd forgotten all about that scene with Han and Chewie. Awesome choice!

24. Panesar

Panesar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2004
    Has to be the final duel of the Saga. Anakin Vs Luke.
    The music plays a vital role.
    You kind of think, "No! Not Luke too! He's going to the Dark Side!"
    Then your hear, "I am a Jedi, Like my father before me."

But I love when we hear pure silence. Nothing is moving. Pure darkness. Little is said.
    "So be it. Jedi."
    You something bad's going to happen!

25. Kabal

Kabal Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 18, 1998
    I agree with most everyone...

I have one though I don't think has been mentioned...Yoda's little speech to Luke right after Luke tried to lift the X-Wing and right before Yoda did. "...Not this crude matter! You must FEEL the Force..." The score of the movie during that line really makes it work fantastically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.