Lit The mostly official Paul S. Kemp Duology thread (no, it's not canceled)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by max-attac, Oct 10, 2012.

1. max-attac Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Having no news of this duology since two years, I wonder if it wouldn't have been canceled, joining Blood Oath Mandorla in limbo.

It would be a shame not to continue the story of Jaden Korr and his problems of dual (Jedi / Imperial) or even triple (Jedi / Imperial / Sith) personalities. Furthermore, the story of Grace (genetical half sister of Ben, daughter of Kam) and Soldier (genetical twin of Korr), as well as those of the One Sith and Idi-Shael, should be developed.

If someone goes to the NYCC Del Rey panel this Friday, that would be nice if he could ask the editors about it.
    Last edited by max-attac, Oct 10, 2012
  2. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Scared me there for a sec. Supposedly it's top secret and stuff.

Of course, if it does get cancelled, I demand to know what it would have been about.
  3. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Well I saw one of the editors, Erich, last week at SW Reads Day and did in fact ask him about it. All he could say was that it is happening, and Paul Kemp has been working long and hard on it.

And last time someone asked on their Facebook page all they said was basically "patience".
    CeiranHarmony and Robimus like this.
  4. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope we find out what it is about soon. I'm getting impatient to know what it is about
  5. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Come now, the Trioculus biopic isn't something that can be rushed, my good fellow.
  6. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    My sources indicate that it's an intense domestic drama about Odie and Erk's married life.
  7. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    If it happens to include domestic abuse, sign me up.
    Last edited by instantdeath, Oct 10, 2012
  8. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm probably one of the only ones that liked Jedi Trial and really care what happened to those two characters so I really want to know what happened to those two.
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  9. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    Same. I like Jedi Trial and wish to know more about the fates of Odie and Erk
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  10. Hope Jedi Master

star 4
    I was hoping this duology would pick up where we left off with Riptide but now I have my doubts. I can't think of any reason to keep a sequel to Riptide secret for two years.
  11. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    I'd like to say I was still optimistic... but the last time they kept talking about "patience" it turned out to be Del Rey speak for "never happening". [face_plain]
  12. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I just want it to be after his last appearance in FotJ. It is mildly pointless if he appears pre-Abyss again.
  13. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Perhaps it's a Kyle Katarn duology? He has to get his apprentice out of trouble yet again. That would certainly be worth keeping a secret :D
  14. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    It would have to be Infinites then. If Kyle were to go after those responsible for Jaden's suffering, the One Sith wouldn't be around for Legacy.
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Oct 11, 2012
  15. Hope Jedi Master

star 4
    I swear I must be the only person who does not think that Kyle Katarn is all that. But I do hope they start dropping some hints soon because this whole secrecy thing is starting to get a little ridiculous.
  16. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    That's perfectly fine, I accept your atheistic viewpoint, even if I can't fully condone it.
  17. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    Not only have the One Sith (or at least, another Sith faction) appeared on the Jedi Council's sensors, but they've got to contend with Jaina "Sword of the Jedi" now, too"!
  18. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Except they haven't appeared on Kyle Katarn's sensors yet. If they had, well... like I said before:
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Oct 11, 2012
  19. beccatoria Force Ghost

star 4
    The only thing I enjoy about Kyle Katarn are the jokes. ;)
  20. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I also enjoy how Caedus threw a speeder at him and turned him into a skewer. :D
  21. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    The Lightsaber was the skewer, Sinre! Don't you mean a cocktail-sausage?
  22. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone who's played Jedi Knight knows that Force push isn't Kyle's best ability, otherwise he would have just pushed the speeder away. On the other hand, he's a god when it comes to Force pull (pulling five Sith at a time is what I'm talking about), so the only logical conclusion is that Kyle was attempting to use his godly Force pull ability, but the speeder got caught instead and it slammed into him at the speed of an out of control jet fighter and with the might of an Olympian god. In the end, this proved to be an inconvenience, and allowed Caedus the necessary time to escape while Kyle was dusting himself off.

If there ever was a man to be undone by his own awesomeness, it's Kyle.
    Last edited by instantdeath, Oct 11, 2012
  23. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    The everything I enjoy about Kyle Katarn includes the jokes.
  24. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    @Havac

Just re-read Darth Plagueis - you're apparently mentioned on Page 301!
  25. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Nah, there's a Luceno villain in Cloak of Deception by the name of Havac, I do believe. Though he obviously stole the name.