main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Motifs and Metaphors of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Cryogenic, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I'm all for balance in a thread -- I honestly don't mind (indeed, enjoy) diversions, provided people are making an effort to also contribute on topic -- but if it has to be one way or the other, my answer is resolute: no "LOTR is better or more deep than SW" posts. Of course NOT! Why would I want THAT, Stryphe? But you're saying that "LOTR is worse or more shallow than SW" posts are allowed? COOL! Kidding! Of the two choices, I don't want any diverting discussion about filmic quality. And I take it you were using that concept as a "motif" of your own? LOTR discussions are only one facet of what I've been speaking against. The problem is entirely bound up in dissent. I don't want off-topic dissent. That's the best way of putting it. On-topic dissent? Sure. But if it's BOTH dissenting AND off topic, then that is the worst kind of material with the most amount of redundancy, and I simply don't want to see it.

Like I said, I'll let you make the call. If someone else comes in and criticize movie "x" and you chim in and agree, and someone wants to rebuttal it, I'm going to allow that since, you, the author of this thread, chimmed in, but otherwise if you want me to enforce all film-quality as off-topic, that I will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.