main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Motor Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by casual-jedi, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    /me is waiting for 2007 already. :rolleyes:

Same with WRC.

V8s are still [face_dancing] for me.

2. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Don't be so eager to hit the fast-forward button...
    You might just miss some of the good stuff.;)

Edit: Webber's qualified 11th for the race.

3. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Mother-Frakker!!! [face_frustrated] :mad: [face_frustrated]
    Another possible podium, down the tubes for Webber!
    Brilliantly working his way from 11th, to 3rd, for nothing.
    What does the poor guy have to do to get a reliable car!:confused:

At least Frank Williams has finally decided to give those Cosworth donks the arse, next year.

Bring on that Toyota reliability!

4. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Brilliant news...
    Mark Webber will be starting 5th for this Sunday's Hungarian GP.
    Now for the small case of that 'finishing' thing.

As you were...

5. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Breaking F1 news...
    Mark Webber has been confirmed as a Red Bull Racing driver for season 2007. This ends what has been a promising, but ultimately fruitless stint with Williams. Mark will have F1 stalwart David Coulthard, as his team-mate next year. With Ferrari engines, and an Adrian Newey designed car, so far, things are looking good for the Red Bull Team.

On a side lighter note, let me refresh your memories of the Monaco GP, Red Bull style...
    ...Now with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles being released around the same time as the Monaco GP in '07... Will our Mark be decked out as a hero in a half-shell??? Or perhaps his pit crew, as ninja foot-soldiers???
    A geek F1 fan can only hope.:-B

6. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    All the best to Christiano da Matta, hope you get well soon!

Not every day your Champ Car (Indy for you lay-people) and a deer collide during testing.

7. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    See a photo link then may have been warranted. Not that I want to see an all squishied deer, but the car must have looked interesting!

Yey for Lowndsey too!!!!!
    Didn't see any of the weekends v8 stuff, but it sounded like I would have enjoyed it. I may never take my new 888 shirt off, well unless I can find a white pen and I need to take it off for Craig to sign sometime. oo that sounded worse than I intended it to.

8. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    The splitting up (of the drivers coming 2nd and 3rd in the championship) of Rick Kelly and Garth Tander by pairing them with HRT drivers may change the way the V8s landscape forever.

Maybe it will soon become more like its competition, Football. Holden vs Ford more so than HRT and HSV and JDR and PMR and GRM etc vs SBR and 888 and DJR and FPR etc...

I see this as a good thing, despite all the hullabulloo about the spirit of the sport.

9. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    You purposely put all the abbreviations in there just to feel smart didn't you o_O [face_not_talking]

10. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Bathurst is upon us!

My tip is the Skaife/Tander combo. With Fries and Coke for $6.95.

Heh.

It will be an amazing Bathurst, Brock will be honoured, Holden will win it for him.

11. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I will be watching!! I'm usually the local (and outnumbered) Ford supporter, but in honour of the late and great Brocky, I do hope Holden wins. I'll be there, cheering on the drivers!! I'm really looking forward to it!!

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Bathurst time again already. Wow. The last year just flew past didn't it?

I'm figuring Brocky wouldn't care who won as long as it was someone deserving who respected the mountain and gave it everything they had.

So I'm absolutely hoping Lowndes wins, although I'm sure whoever does will dedicate it to Peter. Me, I'll be in my Ford shirt probably surrounded by Holden supporters this year. GO THE BLUE OVAL!

13. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Steve Richards is having some bad Bathurst luck...

The other year his car hit that Roo, this year he blows a tyre at 290k's down conrod (slamming a wall causing 200k + dmage).

Go Skaifey and Tander! Fastest out of the box!

14. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I would love Lowndes to win, he's usually who I cheer on! I need to get me a ford shirt :p If I wasn't sick, I'd prolly join you, us ford supporters need to stick together!!

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOO

Great drive Lowndsey. My fingernails are all bitten down.

Bathurst as always was full of crazy stuff and great stuff. Thoughts go out to those hurt and the people that love them.

Oh did I say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

16. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    I second that Woooooo!

I watched the whole thing from start to finish, and my, what a race!! So many crashes and safety car laps, and such an incredibly close finish! I was jumping up and down, screaming for Lowndsey in that last lap, hoping that Kelly wouldn't sneak past him! Then of course I went wild when I crossed that line, it was magic! I am so glad he won,a nd I think it was very fitting that he is the first recipient of the Peter Brock trophy.

Go FORD!!!!

17. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    7th of October, 2006... a date which will live in infamy... for Holden fans.:_|

Yeah, yeah! Soak it up you Blue Oval-ites... that's gonna be it for another 7 years!:p

18. Jamesolo

Jamesolo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    Tv went off first lap.

19. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Just wanted to say that it's really sad that Mark Porter died today after crashing ealier in the weekend.

Motor Sport can be such a scary thing and you do forget watching amazing people driving so well how easy it is for something small to take someone's life. At that sort of speed with those cars it's really a testament to the ability of so many that more people aren't hurt. It is sometimes something I find hard to watch, just normal racing at that speed, on tracks like that because of how close they come to such tragedy. I guess it is part of the excitement though, taming machines and tracks like that.

Anyway, thoughts go out to his wife and little 1 year old boy whose loved one died doing something he loved. Doesn't make it any easier for them though. I'm so glad no-one got seriously hurt yesterday for Brocky's day.

That said, haven't heard anything of Radisich who got helicoptered away after that awful impact and side landing.

And I wonder how young master Perkins is feeling after taking out Mark Skaife in the first lap. Seriously after seeing it from his car view, he really didn't see Mark travelling OH so much slower than he should have been til it was too late to avoid rear-ending him, so not his fault. Just a crap Holden in front of him! LOL I'M KIDDING!

Commiserations to those Holden fans who were disappointed. Yes Goob, CJ, James...I mean that. Could have very easily have gone the other way yesterday. Motor sport was the winner! (always wanted to say that)

20. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Sad for the fella to lose his life... and imagine the guilt for the bloke that hit him...
    You could see that he had nowhere to go, and had tried everything to avoid the crash.

I also feel sad for Schumi...
    He deserves better than a mechanical failure.

21. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    (Massa will take out Alonso in Brazil, Schu will win... then what? :confused: )

Firstly, I was very upset by the passing of Mark Porter. He eas a Development Series regular, he even made it into the main game for the New Zealand round. It is a tragedy that the cards fell in the way they did, the combination of location, speed, cars and bad luck leading to that terrible crash.
    I feel for everyone around him, the Hydralink Racing Team, his competitors, the officals, and especially his family. I do hope that David Clark is cleared of any blame, and he does not feel responsability for the accident. It was a blind corner, and nobody's sure just yet if yellows were being waved. Get well soon David.

I freely admit I felt the most emotional about Brock's death during the Bathurst Memorial. Not during the news after his death, and not his state funeral. It was Bathurs where I connected most with Brock, and seeing people who he had a great influence on even more emotional than me, was enough for my eyes to water. Now I have dealt with his passing. And after that it was straight into the Racing, which was the best way to move on from that.

I don't blame Jack Perkins for putting Skaifey into the wall. Their clutch was gone and they'd have been very lucky to make it back to the lead lap, let alone any chance of winning it.

Team Kiwi Racing's Website lists Paul Radisich as "Okay" with more news to come about his condition.

Lots of retirements from that race. Amazing. Jason Richars was lucky not to have his Tasman Racing car do somersaults at the Chase. Reminiscent of Murphy in China last year.

I could talk about this for another 500 words, so this'll do for now. :)

22. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    INDY!!!!

Nope, not going. Don't know much about Champ cars.
    Felt it was necessary to just say..

INDY!!!!!!

23. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Ah, that reminds me of the Indy-Carnival jingle, of a few seasons ago...

"Indy-citement in the sun,
    Cars and action, the party's on..
    Yeah, it's Indy-Time! It's Indy Time!"

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Go the CHUMP cars![face_mischief]

24. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Brrrrmmmm, brrrrmmmm... Braiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrr! Braiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrr! [face_dancing]

25. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    CHUMP Car Bulletin...
    Want pole??? You just need a little... Will Power.;)
    [image=http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200610/r112134_351358.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.