MOD [The Move] For Realz this time!! - (UPDATED 3/12) We have a move date...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade, Jan 31, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, I'll be. It's like really going to happen. I was begining to think otherwise. :p

That reminds me. I have to check the date I guessed for this.
  2. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    So, will there be any visual differences between this site and the temp site and the temp site from the new site, or is all the format going to remain the same?
  3. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    How the temporary boards will be is still not completely hammered out yet (we're working on it) but they will be different. Every single forum will not be here -there's no reason for it for just a short time- but there will be a place for different groups to hang out. (And hopefully a chance for people to mingle with people from other parts of the boards! :) )

The new boards will look a little different and work a little different but we are doing our best to make them as familiar as possible.
  4. ardavenport_SagaSock Jedi Padawan

Hmmmm, we're only supposed to be on the temporary boards for a short time......we have been 'getting ready' to move for almost two years, too.[face_thinking]

Why don't we have a 'one-post' story challenge for the temporary boards? Do a bunch of quickies? Maybe with a topic of moving? ;)

I hope we can get rid of these old socks on the new boards.
  5. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    We've been working on something very close to that for the temp board. :)
  6. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just out of idle curiosity, will the new (permanent) boards have the same autolock feature for threads that have gone X amount of time without a reply?

And will the Fanfic boards still have unlimited edit time?

I guess I could just wait and see, too... :p
  7. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I hope the new boards have unlimted edit time....i always edit my first post's title to say when the fanfic has been updated.

I just hope all the in progress fanfics will be there when the boards reopen...cause I don't currently have a good backup of my in progress fanfic. [face_blush]
  8. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I've been afraid were going to lose everything, so I stopped writing about a month or so ago. :p

Here's hoping.
  9. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    And a mass PM capability. Please have a mass PM capability. Pretty pretty please with a Jedi on top.
  10. DARTH_MU Force Ghost

star 4
    We should be able to delete our Private Messages.
    And add Chinese character support.

11. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    You will be so pleased, you may hop up and do a little dance. I know I did. :D
  12. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    No kidding. ;) There are a lot of features on the new boards that are quite an upgrade.
  13. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Is there a real text editor? That would be AMAZING.
  14. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    There are all kinds of exciting new things we can do; Mass PM's as mentioned (though it is limited to 10 at a time, IIRC), you can indent your paragraphs, use bullets if you are so inclined... just all sorts of fun things! :)

It was a little sad how happily your mods were sending mass PM's to each other when it was discovered! :p
  15. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooooooh, getting close to the change now...... :eek:
  16. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Have been sneaking to the boards all day, for "one more look" at our format. That one more look turned into... a lot.
  17. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    We've been told depending on a few things, the old boards might go down faster for some than others (location, internet host, etc.)so if you can still see these old IGN boards, don't worry, the move is happening. You just get a little longer to see our old home. :)
  18. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    So, am I the only one who squealed in delight when reading the words 'indent paragraphs'?[face_dancing] And Mass PMs![face_dancing]
  19. LexiLupin Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    *blink* [face_hypnotized]

Well, that was fun. Anyone else feeling completely out of sync with life now?
    [face_worried]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade