main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD [The Move] For Realz this time!! - (UPDATED 3/12) We have a move date...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, I'll be. It's like really going to happen. I was begining to think otherwise. :p

That reminds me. I have to check the date I guessed for this.

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    So, will there be any visual differences between this site and the temp site and the temp site from the new site, or is all the format going to remain the same?

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    How the temporary boards will be is still not completely hammered out yet (we're working on it) but they will be different. Every single forum will not be here -there's no reason for it for just a short time- but there will be a place for different groups to hang out. (And hopefully a chance for people to mingle with people from other parts of the boards! :) )

The new boards will look a little different and work a little different but we are doing our best to make them as familiar as possible.

4. ardavenport_SagaSock

ardavenport_SagaSock Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2006
    Hmmmm, we're only supposed to be on the temporary boards for a short time......we have been 'getting ready' to move for almost two years, too.[face_thinking]

Why don't we have a 'one-post' story challenge for the temporary boards? Do a bunch of quickies? Maybe with a topic of moving? ;)

I hope we can get rid of these old socks on the new boards.

5. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    We've been working on something very close to that for the temp board. :)

6. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Just out of idle curiosity, will the new (permanent) boards have the same autolock feature for threads that have gone X amount of time without a reply?

And will the Fanfic boards still have unlimited edit time?

I guess I could just wait and see, too... :p

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I hope the new boards have unlimted edit time....i always edit my first post's title to say when the fanfic has been updated.

I just hope all the in progress fanfics will be there when the boards reopen...cause I don't currently have a good backup of my in progress fanfic. [face_blush]

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I've been afraid were going to lose everything, so I stopped writing about a month or so ago. :p

Here's hoping.

9. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    And a mass PM capability. Please have a mass PM capability. Pretty pretty please with a Jedi on top.

10. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    We should be able to delete our Private Messages.
    And add Chinese character support.

11. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    You will be so pleased, you may hop up and do a little dance. I know I did. :D

12. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    No kidding. ;) There are a lot of features on the new boards that are quite an upgrade.

13. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Is there a real text editor? That would be AMAZING.

14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    There are all kinds of exciting new things we can do; Mass PM's as mentioned (though it is limited to 10 at a time, IIRC), you can indent your paragraphs, use bullets if you are so inclined... just all sorts of fun things! :)

It was a little sad how happily your mods were sending mass PM's to each other when it was discovered! :p

15. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Ooooooh, getting close to the change now...... :eek:

16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Have been sneaking to the boards all day, for "one more look" at our format. That one more look turned into... a lot.

17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    We've been told depending on a few things, the old boards might go down faster for some than others (location, internet host, etc.)so if you can still see these old IGN boards, don't worry, the move is happening. You just get a little longer to see our old home. :)

18. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    So, am I the only one who squealed in delight when reading the words 'indent paragraphs'?[face_dancing] And Mass PMs![face_dancing]

19. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    *blink* [face_hypnotized]

Well, that was fun. Anyone else feeling completely out of sync with life now?
    [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.